Why do straight women hit on gay guys...

Options
RodSuarez
RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
at a Gay Bar?!

Why do Straight Women hit on Gay Guys at a Gay Bar? seriously it happens all the time.

Girls if you see a guy, who likes another guy and also happens to be wearing an engament ring there is no need to try to seduce him and offer him to go to bed with you.

So, I am just starting this topic because I am bored and it happened to me the last 3 times I went out.

Replies

• resistance_freak
    Options
    This is a total wild guess, but maybe it's because they have no fear of rejection because if (when) the guy says no, then that's exactly what is supposed to happen and the girl had zero realistic expectations that anything besides that would happen. But if SOMEHOW her offer was accepted, then she gets to feel incredible about herself because she must be so damn hot that even a guy that doesn't like women couldn't resist her.

Like I said though, total guess. I have very little insight into the mind of a woman ;)
  • polkadotmoon
    Options
    I don't know. Trying to seduce gay men has never really been my style, seems like a lot of wasted energy when you consider the returns.

On a similar I've never personally understood straight men who, upon learning a woman is gay, try to seduce them either. Must be the magnetism of the unattainable.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Lack of decent straight guys?
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Offer to go to bed with him? Yeah, that's kind of stupid. But practicing your flirting skills with gay men is fun! I do it in an affectionate way. Usually with friends not random gay men, but I do it. Also, drunk ladies can just be horny. Several time after experiences with tequila, I've come close to flirting with a chair. If you're pretty and you're in front of us, the slutty ones might not really care if you're gay or engaged. Drunk people have poor decision making skills in general
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    OP: Dude. I totally got your back on this one bro. Talking 'bout wingman. Just fly em over to me.
    Where is this bar with all the slutty women, and or Emma's sexy chair?
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Offer to go to bed with him? Yeah, that's kind of stupid. But practicing your flirting skills with gay men is fun! I do it in an affectionate way. Usually with friends not random gay men, but I do it. Also, drunk ladies can just be horny. Several time after experiences with tequila, I've come close to flirting with a chair. If you're pretty and you're in front of us, the slutty ones might not really care if you're gay or engaged. Drunk people have poor decision making skills in general

Let me know if you ever think about selling that chair on ebay...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Top tip for teh ladiez...the strippers in the gay bars are usually straight, so go for them!
  • CMoeDee
    CMoeDee Posts: 102 Member
    Options

One time after tequila, I flirted with a loft ladder. Still have a dent in my cheek bone from that one.

OP: I guess it depends on the lady, and how intense she's macking. I know when I get a little sauced, I think evvvvveryone is beautiful, and feel the need to tell them so. But, yeah, demanding sexytimes from a stranger who is Not Into You takes a certain type of cojones, and not the complimentary kind.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Women do not hit on gay guys because the think they are going to get a shag - they do it because its a 'safe' flirt. Well, at least that's the case for most.
  • swaggityswagbag
    swaggityswagbag Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Similar vein - why do straight dudes hit on women in gay bars? Gay bars, especially in small towns, are rarely "male only", there are plenty of gay women there. Apparently you can't even go to a gay bar without people assuming the default is straight. :/
  • caidensharpe
    Options
    No idea, it's a tad bit annoying honestly.
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Because flirting is fun. And flirting with a gay guy is safe. He won't get mad and demand sex and accuse you of leading him on, usually he knows you just want to flirt. Everyone enjoys flirting. But flirting with no intention of sex can cause some really uncomfortable situations for women because straight men just don't get it. Gay men, usually do. It's just harmless fun.
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    OP: Dude. I totally got your back on this one bro. Talking 'bout wingman. Just fly em over to me.
    Where is this bar with all the slutty women, and or Emma's sexy chair?

This is the correct idea. I need more gay friends.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Is it worse for a straight man to hit on gay guys?
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    What about straight guys hitting on gay guys on the gay guy side of the straight bar.

What about that.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    What about straight guys hitting on gay guys on the gay guy side of the straight bar.

What about that.

It is too late for me to comprehend this..
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    For ****s and giggles.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I have the complete opposite problem when I go to gay bars. The gay men will NOT keep their hands off me. I don't really mind but it's not a one-way street.

Back in college, I just had to sit at the bar for 5 minutes, and a guy would be on one side putting a cigarette in my mouth and one on the other side would be hugging me and groping me. Hell, I used to get introduced as "The best straight girl kisser ever" and makeouts would ensue.

For the record, not a straight woman, but sort of might as well be in most scenarios... LOL It's all in good fun. If you aren't open to the joking around, then just be clear about it.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Women do not hit on gay guys because the think they are going to get a shag - they do it because its a 'safe' flirt. Well, at least that's the case for most.

^Probably this. I love my gay bff because he gives me the male attention I crave without making me feel uncomfortable. There is no sexual tension whatsoever, and we really never have anything to argue about. There are never any situations where we are at odds over competing for the same guy. He loves me for who I really am and will never hit on me. It is such a perfect relationship! But yeah, hitting on them is clearly pointless. lol.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Same reason straight guys hit on lesbians.