Why do straight women hit on gay guys...

Options

Replies

• RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    ohh so you mean bisexual men do not go to gay bars?? ohh thats right we bisexuals are not allowed in lgBt spaces

I forgot

silly
    didn't mean that but come on you can tell if a guy is gay or bi hit on the Bi
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Every single person you ask is going to have a different reason for why they may or may not hit on someone. Keep in mind that the "gay community" is technically the "LGBT" community. So many people are quick to forget the B and T at the end of the acronym. Often, individuals exist somewhere along a scale (commonly known as the Kinsey scale) in terms of their sexual orientation. Don't dismiss bisexuality as a potential consideration in the mind of women that flirt with you. They may or may not see you as a "safe" target for their flirtations. It's possible that they just find you attractive and may not be aware that it's completely outside the realm of possibilities for you to hook up.

At the end of the day, all that matters is whether or not you're comfortable with someone's advances. If you're not, assert yourself. Be firm and remove yourself from the vicinity of anyone that doesn't respect your boundaries.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Probably because they're drunk.

I mean, you're at a bar so ...

They might also not actually be flirting. People who are drunk tend to get overly friendly with everyone.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

They might also not actually be flirting. People who are drunk tend to get overly friendly with everyone.

^ this. I made out with a gay guy once, but I was in no way under the impression that I had "turned" him. I just chalk it up to drunken, Mardi Gras craziness. These things happen. Lol.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    ohh so you mean bisexual men do not go to gay bars?? ohh thats right we bisexuals are not allowed in lgBt spaces

I forgot

silly

that is utter bullsh!t
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I didn't know men wore engagement rings
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options

^ this. I made out with a gay guy once, but I was in no way under the impression that I had "turned" him. I just chalk it up to drunken, Mardi Gras craziness. These things happen. Lol.

I've made out with a gay man and he knew I was straight and I knew he was gay before doing so. We didn't care, because we were drunk as hell and deployed to Dubai. I've also made out with a drag queen at Ibiza's in Wilmington, NC. The point I'm trying to make is, drunk people don't give a **** and a mouth's a mouth. Even I get all handsy when I'm drunk and that's not the person I really am sober. You can't read too much into people's actions when they're under the influence. I'm not making an excuse for it or them, but you did mention a bar...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I forgot

silly

How?

If they are at a gay bar, they are probably looking for (or at least expect) some peen action. How would you tell if they would not also be up for umm...boob action?

Also, many people in gay bars are fluid/opportunistic. I have been hit on by a load of guys who are trying to pick up guys at the outset, say they are gay at the start, but get to that 2am time with no action and are...ok, may as well switch. To be clear - I do not find it insulting, it's just preference.

Its like ice cream. You go out trying to find BnJ Chocolate Nougat, end up with BnJ Chocolate Therapy as you cannot find the Chocolate Nougat in the store. You still get your ice-cream.
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I get way more action being bi than when I was str8....go figure
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    I get way more action being bi than when I was str8....go figure
    dude with that body you just lift your shirt and somebody will be DTF [down to F]
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    *sigh*...if only it were that easy
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm bi. I don't hit on gay men. But, one time a gay male friend of mine told me that he liked me so much that he wished I was a guy and asked me if I would strap on something hard so he could F me in the back room (we worked together). I'm assuming he was joking.

Also in high school it used to really upset people that my girlfriend and I would hold hands with our openly gay male friend. They thought we were having a threesome with him.
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    eh. i wouldn't get too insulted. gay guys flirt/hit on my husband all the time. we both see it as a really awesome compliment.

except for that one guy that asked my husband to "go to the bathroom" with him... knowing that i was standing next to my husband in a different conversation.

some people are just opportunists or are testing the waters to see if you really mean what you say. either way. just make it clear that's not what you're into.
  • s1rens0ng
    s1rens0ng Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    They like a challenge?
    They think they can change you?
    They don't know it's a gay bar? (I've had this problem , nt with making passes at men but women making advances and I THOUGHT THEY WERE JUST FRIENDLY!)

They should respect anyone wearing a ring .. gay has nothing to do with it really.
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    They should respect anyone wearing a ring .. gay has nothing to do with it really.

yes. it's really just rude otherwise.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    why do straight guys hit on girls who are clearly not interested in them at all whatsoever?

some people just don't appreciate other peoples personal space
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    They like a challenge?
    They don't know it's a gay bar? (I've had this problem , nt with making passes at men but women making advances and I THOUGHT THEY WERE JUST FRIENDLY!)

That moment...when you realize that you are in a gay bar but thought you had just been off on your game all night. Lol, this post just made me think of that.
  • s1rens0ng
    s1rens0ng Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    They like a challenge?

That moment...when you realize that you are in a gay bar but thought you had just been off on your game all night. Lol, this post just made me think of that.

You know where I'm coming from :bigsmile:
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Because when they get turned down, the "What's wrong with him? He must be gay!" would actually be true in this case?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

I forgot

silly

errrr NO... who can tell that....? I can't tell if a man's gay, straight or bi, unless he tells me.... I know straight guys that act "gay" (as in the stereotype) and gay guys who are nothing like the stereotypes at all, and bisexual guys... well there's not even any stereotypes for them that I know of. And I don't believe in stereotypes anyway; for every person who's like the stereotype there's someone else who's not.