RANT OVER UNHEALTHY PEOPLE JUDGING YOU

Options
Does anyone else get FURIOUS at people who judge you for eating healthy??? And watching what you eat?? Or tell you that you're "too obsessive" over exercise and eating healthy and should "enjoy your life??"" I'm like BACK UP, I take pride in my work in the gym and kitchen and DO ENJOY EATING HEALTHY. Sorry I don't want fries with that???!?!

Like today I was told running long distances was terrible for you and I would have to have knee surgery and leg surgery when I got older and was basically belittled because I like running ten miles instead of being told, "Wow look at you go!" Like excuse me people, I love love LOVE being healthy and no I may not eat the entire serving of cake that is put on my plate, but that means I'm "too obsessive" and "worry about my weight too much" ?!?!?!?

People can just piss you off, ya know?

Replies

• rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Also perfect the real-life LOL.
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I agree. Sometimes people think that just because it goes through their head, it has to come out of their mouth. I try to take a step back and just think they are feeling the need to show they are able to form an opinion. If they get pushy I just ask them why they feel so strongly about the issue and how it is affecting them. Not like I care, but just to turn it around on them.

^^^This! What people say to us, about us etc is a reflection of them. Try to see it this way and it takes the sting out of it. They are really revealing more about how their mental processes work. It is what they say to themselves. It may work for them. Good. They are not you.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Luckily, I haven't had this happen to me. The only annoying this I get is my parents being worried that I'm doing too much and that I'll get injured. That's expected too, so I just keep doing what I'm doing lol
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Don't pay attention to them. I was getting teased a little bit at my workplace, I just smiled. Now, they are trying to eat more of the things I eat. :) Win-win
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    There is a technique that you should perfect that I call "The art of listening without listening" and it is the ability to nod, make sympathetic noises and generally agree while not taking the slightest notice of what the other person is actually saying.

I always think its worth trying :wink:

While this might be the "right" thing to do, in retrospect, I find that I seldom ever do/say the right thing.
    I will take into consideration that maybe they're trying to help, that maybe their comments are genuine, LoL not fuc#ing likely! So then I just tell them to piss off and mind your own business because what I'm doing isn't your concern.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I don't talk to people IRL about food, calories, or exercise unless they ask. I'm not open to their input so I don't even let that topic be open for discussion.

That doesn't stop the occasional person from saying something annoying, but it definitely limits it.

ok, i promise to be less annoying in the future. well, at least i'll *try* to be less annoying. can't guarantee any results though. :embarassed:
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I don't talk to people IRL about food, calories, or exercise unless they ask. I'm not open to their input so I don't even let that topic be open for discussion.

That doesn't stop the occasional person from saying something annoying, but it definitely limits it.

Yes, this.

Ditto.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

ok, i promise to be less annoying in the future. well, at least i'll *try* to be less annoying. can't guarantee any results though. :embarassed:

aww not you, burro.

:heart:
  • elansc
    elansc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think we've all been there at some point. Robert Downey Jr. said it best: "Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever the f**k you were gonna do anyway."

LOL! I love it! I will think that the next time some jealous (usually overweight) person says "well haven't you lost enough weight yet?"