Do you take on a different personality when on the net?

Options

Replies

• smkean
    smkean Posts: 132
    Options
    Possibly a bit moreover about insecurities if ever necessary. I don't do that in 'real life'
  • josephbar
    josephbar Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    100% same guy.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much the same. Quiet and shy when I first meet you, but once I get to know you a little, I am wide open, love to have fun and joke and be silly...oh and be a perv. Yep, same person on the interwebz and in real life.
  • UnApologetically_Me
    Options
    Same person, positive, optimistic, encouraging, free spirited, sultry if the occasion calls for that. As in real life I MAKE an effort to hold the judgement of others. People will always live their life the way they want, regardless of others opinion, I am not about to waste mine judging theirs <3.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Who would admit to it, even if they did? I mean, really.

I don't. But people react to me differently. I'm concise in my speech and very sarcastic IRL, but on the internet I can't always convey my tone, and people get mad thinking I'm being a jerk. So I have to overuse smileys.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I feel free to say way more in online forums than I do in public. I am far more shy in person than online, and much more friendly.

Are you more outgoing when online, almost to the point of being the polar opposite of yourself in public?

In for this one. I am Sybil on the internet.

draft_lens14924321module130130491photo_1344057354-.jpg
  • UnApologetically_Me
    Options
    Who would admit to it, even if they did? I mean, really.

I don't. But people react to me differently. I'm concise in my speech and very sarcastic IRL, but on the internet I can't always convey my tone, and people get mad thinking I'm being a jerk. So I have to overuse smileys.

Quite a few people have admitted to it at least to some degree
  • GameOfPounds
    GameOfPounds Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I used to as a younger teenager but now I think it's the same. I learnt to speak my thoughts in real life too.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Nope. If anything I am a lot less blunt in RL.
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I take on a different personality, I'm just more comfortable and open. In real life, I'm a person who is very nervous around people, especially crowds, so I can come across as shy (or *****y, it can be taken different ways) or flaky. Online, the anxiety is removed so I'm more at ease.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Speak my mind regardless if its online or in person.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    No, I'm pretty much the same personality wise but I am a bit more shy in person than online.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    89nunu wrote: »
    I use fewer gifs in real life. Apart from that I'm exactly the same

ETA: real life doesn't have an edit button...

Necro thread, but I so wish it did :smile:

I am much quieter in person
    cooler-online.gif

• sydneydeb
    sydneydeb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm a lot more outgoing online and a hell of a lot more flirty, in person I hide behind my fatness and, unless I'm with my friends, I'm very shy.
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Interesting question and responses! Since life doesn't unfold in a series of pictures and polarized responses, I call BS on people who say they are the same in RL. However, I think you can get a strong, and very accurate perception of people online. In some ways, even more real than what you may see at, say, the office. That is why so many people meet love successfully on chat sites.
    Whether in person, or here, we are all only exposing what we think the world wants - even if it's sarcasm, strong opinions, or sweet talk. In turn, we read between those lines to form relationships.
  • Tbias78
    Tbias78 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I find expressing myself in writing to be much easier than having a conversation many times, so in that respect perhaps. However, I tend to be very honest about what I think regardless, tactful, but honest.
    This is more me also...

• Misshodge64
    Misshodge64 Posts: 8,588 Member
    Options
    im the same perfect man

Is that right?
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm the same but there is a spectrum from "I'd never say that in public" to "sure I'll say that". Those extremes stay the same for me but the gray area in the middle, I tip to the "sure I'll say that" side more often than in real life.
  • emkayelle91
    emkayelle91 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much the same, except I'm slightly less flirty in person than I am online. Unless I've had a drink or two lol
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I am exactly the same. What you see is what you get!