Women- Have any ladies out there lost 60 lbs in 6 months?

Options

Replies

• MsPrncss
    MsPrncss Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    We can do it ladies! I also am trying to lose about 60 pounds by summer, and what I've decided to do is break it down into 30 day challenges. I got 30 index cards, and on each one I wrote day 1, day 2, etc and then the exercise routine to do for that day, the amount of water I want to drink, and certain diet guidelines for each day such as 4 veggies, 3 fruits, serving amounts of bean and rice etc (I'm vegan, but whatever works for you). I like it so far because it gives me a daily reminder and it's certain things that if I stay on track there is no way I won't lose weight and get healthier. Hope this helps someone! The most important thing is to pick something and stay consistent.

Great Idea I Am tying to get mine off my summer too! Finally loss 3.2 pounds after being the same for 5 days.
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    55lbs in 5 months (to the day now that I look at it). I went from 225lbs to 170lbs...still have a long way to go but I'll get there!!

1. Eat clean. No breads, pastas, potatoes, starchy crap, added sugars etc. Oatmeal and quinoa on occasion but not daily. I do have carb days every fee weeks where I can load up
    2. 1200 cals a day
    3. High protein and eating good fats. White fish, salmon, turkey and chicken are your friends.
    4. 10 almonds and 1 TBSP of natural peanut butter a day
    5. Cod liver oil and vitamin D (1000iu) twice a day
    6. vitamin b6, b12 and c once a day
    7. Whey or some high absorbing protein after workouts
    8. Green tea to your heart's content
    9. Coffee for the boost before the gym. Black of course and never have it 4 hours post-workout
    10. No alcohol
    11. Veggies!!!! Nom nom nom. Broccoli, bell peppers, zucchini, cucumbers and spinach especially. Anytime.
    12. 1 egg and 2 egg whites daily
    13. Workout 6 days a week. high impact cardio for 20-30 mins. Weight lifting the rest. Lift before cardio, btw
    14. Eat leaner proteins like fish at night. Chicken during the day. It helps a bit but it isn't a deal breaker
    15. Control fruits. 1 fruit for me is good enough. Avoid high carb ones like grapes and bananas (even though I love them oh so much)

Anyways this works for me and hopefully you'll be able to get a fee ideas for yourself. Not everyone is made equally and I'm sure I'll hit a plateau soon. If it doesn't feel right then tweak it because our bodies are more mysterious than rabbit in a magician's hat
  • MsPrncss
    MsPrncss Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies I need to lose 60 lbs in 6 months. Has anyone been able to accomplish this? if so how?

I think it can be I have loss anoth 1.5 today! Finally it is starting to come off! Maybe it is because I started working out again!
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I lost 65 in 6 months. There were several stalls in there if a few weeks. Just be patient and consistent and the weight will come off.

I usually netted between 1200-1400 a day, but I had splurge days where I was closer to 3000. Not often, but for special occasions. But the biggest thing for me was doing it in a way I feel like I can maintain for the rest of my life. I ate healthy whole foods and became picky about what I splurged on.

Generally if I can have it any time I want (comes from a box or a can, or normal fast food or restaurant) then it wasn't worth it. But I definitely splurged for special treats. But only when I planned ahead. I decided not to trust last minute cravings.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 95 in 7 and a half months. it's do-able if you're fairly obese to begin with....less realistic the less you have to lose
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    55lbs in 5 months (to the day now that I look at it). I went from 225lbs to 170lbs...still have a long way to go but I'll get there!!

1. Eat clean. No breads, pastas, potatoes, starchy crap, added sugars etc. Oatmeal and quinoa on occasion but not daily. I do have carb days every fee weeks where I can load up
    2. 1200 cals a day
    3. High protein and eating good fats. White fish, salmon, turkey and chicken are your friends.
    4. 10 almonds and 1 TBSP of natural peanut butter a day
    5. Cod liver oil and vitamin D (1000iu) twice a day
    6. vitamin b6, b12 and c once a day
    7. Whey or some high absorbing protein after workouts
    8. Green tea to your heart's content
    9. Coffee for the boost before the gym. Black of course and never have it 4 hours post-workout
    10. No alcohol
    11. Veggies!!!! Nom nom nom. Broccoli, bell peppers, zucchini, cucumbers and spinach especially. Anytime.
    12. 1 egg and 2 egg whites daily
    13. Workout 6 days a week. high impact cardio for 20-30 mins. Weight lifting the rest. Lift before cardio, btw
    14. Eat leaner proteins like fish at night. Chicken during the day. It helps a bit but it isn't a deal breaker
    15. Control fruits. 1 fruit for me is good enough. Avoid high carb ones like grapes and bananas (even though I love them oh so much)

Anyways this works for me and hopefully you'll be able to get a fee ideas for yourself. Not everyone is made equally and I'm sure I'll hit a plateau soon. If it doesn't feel right then tweak it because our bodies are more mysterious than rabbit in a magician's hat

very true that everyone is different. I haven't cut out anything altogether and have loads of carbs. I still eat bread...English muffins are my favourite thing. I have either quinoa, wild rice or barley every day....and also sweet potato which is a starch. obviously this hasn't posed any problems to my weight loss and I'm not sure what about a food is supposed to make it 'clean' or not, but I don't think those grains and the potato in particular are terribly ''dirty''...lol. I mean, maybe the English muffin since it's 'processed'. But I will still eat them and love every minute of it without a problem.
  • petrea18
    petrea18 Posts: 1
    Options
    I think you mean 1,200 to 1,500 calories.
  • 4Shantel4
    4Shantel4 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    great job ppl !
  • diddy12
    diddy12 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have started this very same challenge!
  • momwithkidz
    Options
    I after the birth of my second child I could not lose the 60 pounds, I tried everything and nothing worked. It was a nutritionist who showed me that all body fat is inflammation body fat and it gets harder to remove as you get older or after having a child. She taught me how to reverse this with "Certain Food combination", it works. Copy and paste the link below to see how to do this. It works to lose 60 pounds.

http://desperateloseweight.blogspot.com/2014/06/how-to-lose-60-pounds-without-exercise.html
  • momwithkidz
    Options
    :smile:
  • comforter
    comforter Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi - yes, I have lost about 66 pounds in 5 months. I did it by going on an anti-inflammation food plan which is no wheat, no sugar, no dairy and very few starches. Lots of meat, fish, fruits and vegetables, beans, lentils, and occasionally almonds. It sounds really difficult, but after about the first 2 weeks the cravings stop, and after about 6 weeks I don't even get hungry anymore. I eat about 1200 calories a day and eat back my exercise calories. Exercise consists of brisk walking as many times a week as the local weather allows. To add to all this - I am 59 years old, so my metabolism is not as active as women younger than I am - Good luck!
    You can do it! :)
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hi - yes, I have lost about 66 pounds in 5 months. I did it by going on an anti-inflammation food plan which is no wheat, no sugar, no dairy and very few starches. Lots of meat, fish, fruits and vegetables, beans, lentils, and occasionally almonds.

Same here 64# in 6 months.
  • Tilda_P
    Tilda_P Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm at 50 lbs in 5 months. Cheating will really set you back. I have had a few cheats that stalled me for a week or so and it's easy to feel demotivated when you are not moving in the right direction. I also don't exercise, but pulled my bike out of storage this week so I can keep up with this rate of loss. I have been doing about 1,600 cal a day, but went down to 1,200 when I stopped doing really any kind of movement and am planning on upping it again once I get a solid routine going :) I am also doing low carb, but you certainly don't have to to be successful.
  • vikachkas
    vikachkas Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing! It sound a lot like Paleo diet. What it hard to keep up with it? did you ever cheat?
  • vikachkas
    vikachkas Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi - yes, I have lost about 66 pounds in 5 months. I did it by going on an anti-inflammation food plan which is no wheat, no sugar, no dairy and very few starches. Lots of meat, fish, fruits and vegetables, beans, lentils, and occasionally almonds. It sounds really difficult, but after about the first 2 weeks the cravings stop, and after about 6 weeks I don't even get hungry anymore. I eat about 1200 calories a day and eat back my exercise calories. Exercise consists of brisk walking as many times a week as the local weather allows. To add to all this - I am 59 years old, so my metabolism is not as active as women younger than I am - Good luck!
    You can do it! :)

Thats amazing! It sound a lot like Paleo diet. What it hard to keep up with it? did you ever cheat?
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I lost 67 pounds in 6 months, 104 in 12 months. However, this is most likely because I had to lose a lot of weight. Since I was starting at 295.5, the pounds were coming off easily. Now that I am 45-55 pounds away from my goal... it's not that easy anymore.
  • reddz12
    reddz12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm on track for it... I'm almost at 5 months and I've lost 50. 10 pounds in a month is completely doable.

Changed how I was eating.. I weigh and measure everything.. cut out bad snacking and got moving... I had/have alot to lose though. I started over 300 pounds.
  • cookiekrunch
    cookiekrunch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I did it through meal replacement shakes and eating less than 1200 calories. I don't recommend it. Adjust your goals to extend the weight loss time.
  • Kelly_2013
    Kelly_2013 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Don't ask .. just go for it ... get as far as you can without second guessing your ability to do it ... SOMETHING IS POSSIBLE .... you will get somewhere and that is better than where you are now right?

Looks like you got some great role models and potential support here just by starting the thread! Good luck!! :)

I needed this! I came on here to see what everyone had to say and then when I read this it clicked... Everyone is different and there are so many things to take in account... Thanks!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!