My poop is green

Options

Replies

• MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Red wine turns my stool green. Lay off the sauce.
  • fitandfortyish
    fitandfortyish Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Best topic intro I've seen in a looong time. Simply cannot resist opening the thread :drinker:
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Are you pregnant and taking prenatals?? :laugh: that always happens to me when I up my iron.
  • MissObstinatiox
    MissObstinatiox Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Perhaps your a cannibal who has eaten Kermit?!

No... sorry my bad i thought this topic was serious :P
  • aquariuanjourney
    aquariuanjourney Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Mine is green too but I havent stopped eating meat. I eat a lot of asparagus, zucchini, and squash.
  • kmoirecavender
    kmoirecavender Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I thought I was dying once, but then remembered all the beets I had eaten :blushing:

ditto
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    You people all look at what you laid out in the bowl? Seriously, that is so gross. I sneak a cheek, wipe twice. Then flush and I am out the door. I don't have a stool self documentary and self discovery every time I am in there. Never look back.

gross_no_thank_you_supernatural.gif
  • ayamagali
    ayamagali Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    No poo-viewing shaming! Lol, poo documenting is so important in my work! It can alert us to possible issues, causes of behavior changes, health, nutrition, so much! It seems like typical workplace convo are things like "Has [name] had a bm today? What was it like? What did it smell like?" Especially when battling c-dif, appearance and smell are important things to make note of. So yeah, I see a lot of other people's poo in my day-to-day, taking a look at my own doesn't seem so gross! :flowerforyou:
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I can't reply based on your question as I eat meat, but when I ate too much licorice when pregnant my poop turned green.

Must just be diet related, I wouldn't panic unless it was bloody or looked like coffee grounds!
  • andylowry
    andylowry Posts: 89
    Options
    I went a bit crazy on some grandmother-in-law's home-canned green beans once, and I had the same outcome, so to speak.
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    Rainbow ice cream from the Chinese buffet turned my poop blueish.... it was so amazing I had to show the hubby... he was impressed lol

I love show and tell when it comes to stuff like this!
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    You people all look at what you laid out in the bowl? Seriously, that is so gross. I sneak a cheek, wipe twice. Then flush and I am out the door. I don't have a stool self documentary and self discovery every time I am in there. Never look back.

You don't wash your hands before walking out of the door?
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options

I bet you're a lot of fun at parties.

Sometimes I get scared when I drink lots of red Gatorade, or when I don't do a good job chewing my red peppers... but then I remember and I LOL.
  • GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Purple things turn poop green. Grape flavored sodas, popsicles, juices, etc.
  • spectarmac
    spectarmac Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Shamrock shakes!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I thought I was dying once, but then remembered all the beets I had eaten :blushing:

LOL that happened to me too!

I've heard of mothers dialling 999 after their just-weaned-onto-solids baby produces a beetroot nappy (diaper)....
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options

Your poop can be the first indication that something is internally wrong with you, as in internal organs. Poop colour can change if your pancreas or liver function screws up; a change in poop colour (or blood or mucous in your poop) can also be an early indicator of kidney disease, stomach cancer, Crohn’s disease, diabetes, gallbladder disease, geezus the list goes on. NOT checking your poop before you flush isn't the wisest idea in the world, especially as you age. Same goes for urine; getting acquainted with both your stool and urine before you flush can, in the future, warn you that something is going wrong.

Having said that, always assume it's your diet before you jump to "omg I have cancer!!!" Unless we're talking black stool, bloody stool, or excess mucous in your stool. Otherwise if the issue persists beyond a few days AND a change of diet (as in, stop eating green foods for a few days) then go see your doctor.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

You only wipe twice?!? OMG, I bet you're going around with a nasty booty. Takes more than two wipes sometimes, ya know...

tumblr_mav5vuYn1h1qcf707o1_500.gif
  • Ian214
    Ian214 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your feedback :)
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options

You only wipe twice?!? OMG, I bet you're going around with a nasty booty. Takes more than two wipes sometimes, ya know...

tumblr_mav5vuYn1h1qcf707o1_500.gif

Yes twice. I'm sure that is more than sufficient.
    To the other person, I wash my hands several times thought the day. I don't use the excuse to potty time to specifically wash them though. I really just have no desire to be in there more than I have to with all that going on. Now I'm going to sick up because I went back in this tread and read it.