I'm stronger than my significant other

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I can lift WAY more than my Significant Other.

He's such a *****.

Yeah! Screw that wimp!!!

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kinesiology, nutrition and Dinosaurs

I didn't realize you were an IKEA Professional Put Together-er! You might be stronger than me, then...
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I would like to say it wouldn't bother me, but it probably would. My husband and I are the same height and size. He also has a very bad back and doesn't lift much anymore, but he's male and he's lifted on and off for 20 years. He rarely picks up our children due to his back, but there's no doubt he's still much stronger than me.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I've said this before, but it bears repeating. If I'm stronger than you, I will not ever want to sleep with you. It very likely wouldn't be any fun for me.

How YOU doin'?
  • PrimalGirl
    PrimalGirl Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I weigh about a stone or so heavier than my fiance, so it's only fair I'm stronger than him. But only at some things. I can lift heavier than him, but he has a stronger grip from the work he does. So I can lift the wardrobe we build, but he has to screw the nails in.

It all works out.

And these days, I'm less concerned about weighing more than him than I used to be; he's very slender, is the only way I can describe it. And I'm curvy. And he likes curves :0)
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    So wait..
    No lifting bricks, 2 by 4 or using weights.

Bad test..
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I can lift WAY more than my Significant Other.

He's such a *****.

Yeah! Screw that wimp!!!

Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kinesiology, nutrition and Dinosaurs

I didn't realize you were an IKEA Professional Put Together-er! You might be stronger than me, then...

It's all the ice cream consumption!

• rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My husband is almost a foot taller than me. About 10 years ago I had my shoulder scoped and learned how to lift weights from a physical therapist that was connected to a gym and got me going on free weights. My husband and I were both skinny but athletic and active in sports at the time. I learned that I put on muscle easily and quickly got nice arms and a muscular back. He said 'f' this and started lifting weights with me until he had a routine going to do on his own. He still regularly lifts, never has any back pain anymore from 'tall guy syndrome' as he calls it, and he has a big sexy back, muscular arms and pecs. He looks great. We were looking at old pictures and he has a completely different and better body at 35 than he did at 25.

I hope your significant other realizes soon that he should be getting in shape for you and that he should want to be the sexy guy you deserve! He needs to say 'f' this and also get strong!
  • shellydd
    shellydd Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    How was this measured?

We were standing toe to toe (we are roughly the same height) and we locked hands and our arms were in a position almost like a military press is the best way I can describe it. He tried to push my arms down and then I tried to push his. It was pretty close, but I won.

Not sure this can be the determining factor. Can you lift more than him?

LOL....I find this all sort of funny.......
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could date or be with someone that I was stronger than. Guys I go for are pretty big and strong. Ex is a ranked powerlifter who can bench upwards of 650. I need the muscles.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Hell yes!! Way to go girl!! I like to think i'm stronger than my bf, I know I can pack a stronger kick and have more endurance but as far as lifting goes he always is sure to keep ahead.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    rightttt
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I think it would be hilarious, almost a get out of jail card from having to do a lot of the heavy lifting I do around the house....nah, you're stronger, you go ahead and move the couches, etc. LOL \m/

Guitar, Bass and Vocal Enthusiast
    Ordained Minister
    Host of The Confessional
    Owner of All That is \m/ (> . <) \m/
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    How was this measured?

We were standing toe to toe (we are roughly the same height) and we locked hands and our arms were in a position almost like a military press is the best way I can describe it. He tried to push my arms down and then I tried to push his. It was pretty close, but I won.

Hmmm . . . me thinks this is not a good test of strength. Maybe you're just smarter than him. (Technique, use of leverage . . .)

There are definitely better ways to compare true strength.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    How was this measured?

Hmmm . . . me thinks this is not a good test of strength. Maybe you're just smarter than him. (Technique, use of leverage . . .)

There are definitely better ways to compare true strength.

Also a real man would let her win!

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    *shrug* I'm stronger... I like being on top anyway. :ohwell: :smokin:
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    If my gf was stronger than me, I wouldn't leave the gym until summer.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I'm stronger than my ex, and he hates it. Also hates it when my big girl says she can't wait to be bigger and lift weights like mommy. But I don't see why I should hold back my own strength just to make you feel better - you want to be stronger, go to the gym and get stronger than me. Mind you, I'm also being replaced by someone twice my size if that tells you anything about him.

As for anyone in the future, you had better be stronger than me, or no interest
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't date a woman stronger than me...but she'd have to be an exceptional lifter to be there so it's more a comment about me.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty strong and there's a certain girl in my crossfit that's probably stronger than me and I'm strangely drawn to her.. So yeah. . I could date a girls who's stronger. .

However, I think if I wasn't fairly confident in my own strength and if I wasn't working out etc..I would immediately get my *kitten* back to the gym if I discovered I was weaker than my S.O.

i..e. I think it comes down to confidence probably. If I were a wimp It would probably be pretty disheartening if my girlfriend could bench-press me. .
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    How was this measured?

Not sure this can be the determining factor. Can you lift more than him?

I can bench press his 11 year old daughter... I don't know if he has tried. Maybe we should try that? Hahaha

Hahaha you need to come up with a much better way before you go around telling everybody that you are stronger than your BF! At least make it official before you embarrass him!