how many people???

Options
how many people here BARELY get any exercise in every week??? i only get exercise every week when im at work n thats stuff like walking , mopping ect....(one reason not having money to get to a gym..i just wanna know im not alone)... thanks for the help any suggestions are appreciated....by the way i live in new england and theres snow on the ground so i cant exercise out side besides shovling ect...

Replies

• itsbella
    itsbella Posts: 1,101
    Options
    check out bodyrocktv.com
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    self.com has some workout videos as well. Free workouts are cool. And you've lost 20 lbs already so it can't be that bad. :)
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    thats when i had money to get to the gym
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I admit it is hard sometimes to make myself do the exercise. I dont always do what I set out to, but I try to get in walking, on tuesdays my girls have gymnastics and there is a track behind the building so I walk around the track 3xs while they are stretching then I come in a watch them. I also try to do the wii and exercise videos during the week. But recently I have thought about joining a gym because I think it would probably be easier to get my workouts in provided I actually make myself go to the gym . LOL. Write out a plan and try your best to stick to it , .....I hope this helps
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    The gym is way too expensive. Yeah it's nice to have all those lovely shiny machines at arms reach but you can get just as good a workout by running along the road which is what I do now.
    I'm still keeping fit and i'm saving £38 a month :D
  • eorcel
    eorcel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a gym membership, but is stopped going in the summer when I realized walking and exercise DVDS have worked wonders. You can find great ones at Target. I have a tendency to stick to one DVD. SHAPE fitness for ABS and SHAPE HIP, BUTT, and THIGHS are my favorites. The FIRM has some excellent DVDS. The last time I went to the gym, I lost 1 lb in 3 months (that was before calorie counting.) Now I am losing a pound a day walking and doing exercise DVDS.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    There are many workout DVD's at Wal-mart and Target, etc. You don't have to go to the gym. But if that's the excuse you want to use, then it's a decent excuse.
  • EmmieSu
    EmmieSu Posts: 136
    Options
    Workout dvds, exercisetv.com and youtube. Cheap way to exercise. I have four children, and I home school, and workout side the home 2 days a week, and I make it happen. I tell my husband, if I don't get it in in the morning, that I have to get in atleast 30 min, and he is supportive of that. I might have a load of dishes, laundry, paperwork, and general running of a home task that need done, but I now take the time for ME, I didn't do that in the past. I feel, I have to get it in or I won't stick with the plan, so I make it happen.
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    no excuse but id rather make a fool of my self at the gym than in my own house in front of my bf ...hes not exactlly the supportive type he be like what u doing that for...ect..
  • reese1206
    Options
    Try Blasting music while you clean. Stop every once in awhile to do squats and pushups. I did that yesterday and burnt 438 cal in 45 min....not to bad. Makes exercise a lot more fun!
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    sweet thanks reese ill try that thank you so much...how do u log that????