Help!!! How many eggs can u eat

Options
2»

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Hi I have herd so many things about eggs ranging from there good for you to there not good for you and that you should only eat 2 a week lately I have been loving them and I want to eat them every breakfast the way I cook them is crack one into a microwave egg cooker and in 30 seconds there ready to eat like a hard boiled but still a little runny sometimes I will eat them on there own with a little salt and pepper and other times on a piece of toast please let me know what is a good amount and what is not

Take a deeeeeeeep breath after reading that.

I'd say two a day based on no good scientific evidence, just personal tolerance.
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    There was a period i forgot to eat eggs for a few months,my HDL went really low.That was the only change I made in my diet.I added back eggs to my diet,its normal now.My husband has hereditary cholesterol issues so I only give him the whites,keeps his ldl in check.So unless you have any cholestrol issues you are fine with the eggs everyday.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16340654?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

For these reasons, dietary recommendations aimed at restricting egg consumption should not be generalized to include all individuals. We need to acknowledge that diverse healthy populations experience no risk in developing coronary heart disease by increasing their intake of cholesterol but, in contrast, they may have multiple beneficial effects by the inclusion of eggs in their regular diet.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    Me? maybe 12 on a good day... maybe 50 if you dare me
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Cool Hand Luke ate 50.
  • lecox444
    lecox444 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Soooooo, there are good eggs and there are not so good eggs. If you have a source for REAL free range eggs (like your neighbors hen's our your own hen house or just a local farmer) and can ensure the hens eat bugs and grubs then you have good eggs. A goo give away for a good egg is the color of the yolk. Super nutritious eggs have a yolk that is resembles and orange hue rathe than a yellow one. If you can find a local source for duck eggs, even better (although duck eggs do have more cholesterol so if you're concerned over that, perhaps do a bit more research).

Duck eggs vs Chicken eggs
    Duck Eggs are an Alkaline producing food - Anti cancer food - much better. Farm Fresh eggs with a rich smooth orange yolk whether Chicken eggs or Duck eggs will surprise you if you have only experienced the colorless and flavorless supermarket versions. What most people do not know is that Duck eggs are far superior to Chicken eggs with the same taste and richer smoother consistency yet better than a chicken egg in many ways

1. Duck eggs have twice the nutritional value of a chicken egg and stay fresher longer due to their thicker shell.
    2. Duck eggs are richer with more Albumen making cakes and pastries fluffier and richer.
    3. Duck Eggs have more Omega 3 fatty acids ..something you can actually see in the salted pickled eggs the Chinese love to eat. Omega 3 is thought to improve everything from Brain health to healthy skin and
    4. Duck Eggs are an Alkaline producing food, one of the few foods that leave your body more alkaline which is a great benefit to cancer patients as cancer cells do not thrive in an alkaline environment. Chicken eggs are an acid food leaving your body more acid.
  • msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    as many as you want. Heck Ron Swanson eats all the eggs and all the bacon. "You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have."

He also has a pyramid of greatness that's worth checking out.
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Talking about eggs reminds me of a song:

"When I was a lad I ate four dozen eggs
    Ev'ry morning to help me get large
    And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs
    So I'm roughly the size of a barge"

Good old Gaston he was on the right track when it came to health! :tongue:
  • BillyJan1992
    BillyJan1992 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    well depends on what type of eggs are you meaning??? poached: probably 5 or 6, scrambled probably 2 or 3, fried probably 3 or 4, hard boiled eggs 5 or 6
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I eat three dozen chicken eggs a week.

I eat a dozen ducks eggs a week.

I eat three Cadbury eggs in a week.
  • bobkat80
    bobkat80 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I eat 4-8 per week. They are good for protein. AND I eat bacon with them! Yum.
  • Bun_Ya
    Bun_Ya Posts: 174
    Options
    Sometimes hundreds, but it depends how good the fertility clinic security is.