What is your weigh in day (pics, measurements, scale, etc)?

Options
2»

Replies

• bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    It's nice to see how different everyone is with weighing / measuring / tracking!
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is a little different with the weight ins and other measurements.

Right now I weigh myself everyday but I only worry about the ones I do Sunday mornings after waking up. I also have a Weight Watchers WW52 Glass Body Fat Scale that measures wieght, bone density, body fat, and calcualtes the BMI for you. I just started tracking the body fat precentage on here too.

I need to do measurements too but I haven't started them yet.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Usually on Sunday morning.
    I never take pics unless I'm willing to change my profile picture on here and feel inspired. I only take my measurements every now and then when I think I've lost enough cms. (Usually if I've at least lost 2 kgs since the last measurement. But I can also not take them for months)
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I do a progress check-in with my lifting coach every two weeks on Fridays. During a weigh-in week, I weigh every day and take an average of those figures to give him, along with my measurements. Once a month, I take pics. I do not weigh at all during non weigh-in weeks unless I'm just curious.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I weigh Every. Single. Day.

I take measurements and pics randomly.
  • newpalfan
    newpalfan Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but it's just for my information. I record my weight when I have lost weight which is usually every 3-4 days. This works for me so I will not slip back into old habits and will catch weight gain in the future before it gets too high. I do not take measurements because my pants have dropped several sizes and that is my guide.
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I weigh most days, pics on the 1st of the month, measurements after I complete a 5 week cycle of All Pros (resistance training program).
  • momofgilliam4
    Options
    I weigh myself just about daily... it depends. But I only log it in on Wednesday.

I think that daily weigh ins give me an idea of how different factors affect me and how quickly... TOM, salty meal, alcohol. :tongue:

I like Wednesday because if I indulge a bit over the weekend (not too nutty), it gives me a couple of days to recoup!
  • accebersmith
    accebersmith Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Friday morning, but if I notice a difference (hey, my underpants fit better! etc.), I'll weigh then.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I record my weight on Thursdays and consider it my "official" day, but I also weigh in Monday morning and other random times through out the week to see how my weight fluctuates. I took pictures at my heaviest weight 176 (this go around, I've been heavier in the past) and haven't taken any other progress pictures. I've lost close to 18 lbs, hoping that number will be higher come Thursday!

Thursday works for me because I eat at TDEE+ Sat and Sun, so I am always retaining water Monday morning.
  • fsucrack
    fsucrack Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Mondays and Fridays. It helps keep me accountable for the weekend... and keeps me on track
  • s1rens0ng
    s1rens0ng Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Fridays i log everything but i weigh everyday morning and night just out of curiousity .
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday...It does not work for everybody but it works for me.
  • Littlestandrews
    Littlestandrews Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a month (the day after TOM is over). I have found (through years of yo-yo dieting) that I get super discouraged if I gain weight over the course of a week. But I've not had one month yet when I wasn't down at least 4 pounds over the course of an entire month. It works for me!

I take pictures every 3 months. I measure randomly.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every single morning when I wake up and sometimes again before bed. As for measuring, I do it whenever I am curious, feel different or think I look different.
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It's Dectecto brand. I bought mine at Target about a year ago. I was looking it up for someone else a while back and learned the one I have isn't available at the stores anymore, but it looks like you might be able to find it on Ebay now, here is a link and a description of the one I use. I love it!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/DETECTO-STAINLESS-STEEL-BODY-FAT-SCALE-BODY-WATER-MUSCLE-MASS-ESTIMATION-D220-/181096380109

* this was suppose to be in reply to Prince_Eric_6
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in every Wednesday morning, my scale measures pounds, body fat, body water and muscle, I write down all the #'s every week so I can see the changes. I have never measured and I just take pictures randomly.
    what kind of scale is that?
    It's Dectecto brand. I bought mine at Target about a year ago. I was looking it up for someone else a while back and learned the one I have isn't available at the stores anymore, but it looks like you might be able to find it on Ebay now, here is a link and a description of the one I use. I love it!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/DETECTO-STAINLESS-STEEL-BODY-FAT-SCALE-BODY-WATER-MUSCLE-MASS-ESTIMATION-D220-/181096380109