PB2 or pwdered peanut butter?????

Options
13»

Replies

• purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Do you live near a Kroger? I found some in the natural and special diet food section at my local Kroger.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I love the PB2 in my protein shakes, especially the PB2 with chocolate. To be honest I haven't tried actually making peanut butter with it, but my best friend does and she likes it on sandwiches.

It's a matter of taste, it isn't the same consistency or sweetness of peanut butter, but a good alternative if you are looking to cut calories.

Do you have a Whole Foods or Trader Joes or some other kind of "organic/health food" story near by? That is where I would start.
  • VeganJamiOnAMission
    Options
    I love PB2 in my smoothies! I order it from Amazon.com. They are reliable and have good prices. YAY PB2!!!
  • Jennybebop
    Jennybebop Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love PB2! I just ordered this on Amazon for $12.99.

PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter and PB2 Powdered Cocoa Peanut Butter - 85% Less Fat and Calories - 6.5 Oz Each - 2 Pack - Free Bonus PB2 Recipe Cards Included (17 Cards in Total)

I love the added recipe cards that come with!
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    you can get it on Amazon.com
  • FitbeTMF
    FitbeTMF Posts: 251
    Options
    I have read a lot of posts that mention this PB2 or powdered form of peanut butter that is super low in calories. I don't know where to find any to buy other than ordering it online. I live in North Texas, can anyone help me find this stuff? Thanks in advance!

I found mine at HEB. MMM the chocolate flavor!
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I use just great stuff powdered peanut butter. I buy it at my grocery store, but you can get it on the website to.

http://www.bettylousinc.com/products_category.php?id=7

It's really good, I can't compare it to pb2 because I've never tried it. The only thing I don't like about the justgreatstuff, is that it's kind of salty. When I eat peanut butter I either make it from unsalted peanuts or I buy it made fresh with unsalted peanuts. So i'm just used to my pb not having any extra salt in it. But that's my only problem with it. It's great in a banana smoothie, it's great spread on to a rice cake, and its delicious with apples and celery : )
  • ToBeCountry
    ToBeCountry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    On my list to buy. Can't wait to try it in my smoothies.
  • NHLeah
    NHLeah Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I added PB2 to my vanilla protein drink and OMG it tasted so good, it was like I was eating peanut butter fudge.
  • xtina1998
    xtina1998 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A friend said she saw it at target...
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you have Whole Foods around where you live but they carry PB2 in several flavors. I personally like the taste of Just Great Stuff powdered peanut butter more but I can only find that online or at specialty stores.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I have read a lot of posts that mention this PB2 or powdered form of peanut butter that is super low in calories. I don't know where to find any to buy other than ordering it online. I live in North Texas, can anyone help me find this stuff? Thanks in advance!

You can order it directly from their website, or, go to WWW.myoatmeal.com and create your OWN flavor (it really is amazing, I did frosted vanilla, tastes godly!)

GNC sells it (Regular & Chocolate flavor) and Krogers does as well... they keep it in the organic "natural" food isle.

I won't lie, it doesn't taste exactly like PB, but pretty close. I usually add a half packet of Splenda to mine, but I also make a 3-4 servings at a time.
  • suzique33
    suzique33 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    1 gram of sugar is high?
    There is, it’s called PB2, and it’s about to rock your peanut butter filled world.

PB2 powdered peanut butter, pb2, pb2 nutrition information, pb2 review, pb2 nutrition, pb2 peanut butter, pb2 reviews, pb2 nutrition facts, pb2 peanut butter review, powdered peanut butter, powdered peanut butter review

PB2 is a brand of powdered peanut butter that, when mixed with water, maintains the consistency and BIG flavor of traditional peanut butter. PB2 is made from high quality, slow-roasted peanuts that are pressed to remove the oil and fat content.

The result? Peanut butter with ~80% fewer calories than the traditional variant and over 60% of its calories from protein and fiber, combined. What’s more — PB2 has zero artificial sweeteners, flavors, or preservatives.

Here’s how PB2 stacks up against traditional peanut butter (2 tablespoons):

PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter

PB2 powdered peanut butter, pb2, pb2 nutrition information, pb2 review, pb2 nutrition, pb2 peanut butter, pb2 reviews, pb2 nutrition facts, pb2 peanut butter review, powdered peanut butter, powdered peanut butter review

•Calories – 45
    •Fat – 1.5 g
    •Fiber – 2 g
    •Sugar – 1 g
    •Protein – 5 g

Traditional Peanut Butter

•Calories – 190
    •Fat – 16 g
    •Fiber – 2 g
    •Sugar – 3 g
    •Protein – 8 g

Despite its low-calorie/fat content and its status as a powdered product, PB2 is absolutely delicious. Mix it with the right ratio of powder-to-water and you’ll barely notice any difference.

Additionally — PB2 excels in protein shakes and smoothies (like the Peanut Butter Power Protein Shake). Post-workout, fat isn’t optimal because it slows down the digestion and absorption of food — ideally, you’d want protein and fast-digesting carbs (think sugar or high Glycemic Index) to help shuttle nutrients into depleted muscles, which accelerates the growth and recovery process. With PB2 you can still include peanut butter flavor in your post-workout shakes without worrying about the fat or calories to go along with it.
  • suzique33
    suzique33 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    nutrition house is where I got mine. love it!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Kroger, in organic section. Waaaay to addictive for me. There are 15 servings in a big jar. I have opened the jar twice. Only 5servings remain!!
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    The Walmart near me [in Western Oregon] sells the regular PB2 jars. I also got two jars of the chocolate PB2 on clearance there once.

People keep saying to order it on the website but shipping was like $15+, or was I just seeing things? Next time I order it, I plan to order the pound bags from Amazon. I thought I saw that they were selling a two-pack with one chocolate & one regular PB2 for $15.

I don't know what the ingredients are like for other kinds of powdered peanut butter, but I personally like PB2 because the ingredients are really simple - peanuts, salt, & sugar. No weird surprises.

I love the stuff. Others say they don't like it by itself as peanut butter, so I expected the worst when I first tried it - but I really don't think it's that different. I guess I'm just not that picky about my peanut butter, & others may be.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I bought it at Popeye's (the supplement store, not the chicken restaurant, ha!) for $5.99. It's nice with chocolate ice cream, or in a smoothie, but honestly, mixed with water and used as a substitute for actual peanut butter, it's kind of gross.
  • stephbeland8
    stephbeland8 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just bought on Amazon....
  • bperfeito32
    Options
    OK so I've read a lot of posts about the pro's and con's of powdered peanut butter. I am a big fan of peanut butter ..so for me this is the best solution. As a member of weight watchers it's only 1 point for 2 tablespoons vs 5 points with reduced fat peanut butter. So thanks for all the information. PB2 is for me!!! It's delicious! I would never know it's from powder. I bought mine at my super target for $4.99.
    Hope this helps someone else.