Im deflated today

Options
2»

Replies

• verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Patience_zpsdbdd4b12.jpg

Take a deep breath & stop stressing ....... keep on moving ...... make healthy choices at each meal ......

Things will change for the better :drinker:
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Gaining muscle
  • LVCeltGirl
    LVCeltGirl Posts: 473
    Options
    the only thing I don't do is eat the extra calories they allow me when I do my power walking...I thought if I didn't use them that I would surely lose weight...

If you're not doing this on TDEE numbers, then you need to eat back at least 1/2 your exercise calories or you're doing yourself a disservice. It's the idea of "eat more to lose weight". You need to give your body enough fuel for the process and when you net too low then you're not giving your body enough fuel to do what it needs to do.

Also, eat things you want to eat for the rest of your life. Except for the current issues with my body and inability to handle fast food, fatty foods, fried foods, and soda without pain, I subscribe to the 80/20 rule. I eat well 80% of the time, and 20% of the time I don't.

The last thing to keep in mind is that weight loss isn't linear. You're going to have days, perhaps weeks where you don't lose and sometimes you might even gain. There are reasons behind it, water retention is usually the culprit but sometimes it's just what your body is going to do that day. The overall result is weight loss if you're doing what's right for you.
  • dawncrew
    dawncrew Posts: 1
    Options
    Stay strong! This is a marathon, not a sprint. We have all been there, some of are there with you. I recently went through a similar thing, INCREASED my calories and started losing weight. Don't starve yourself. Your body is strong and survival instincts will kick in. Be grateful for that and focus on enjoying your walks and the freedom of movement.
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I feel like I don't budge on the scale either, I think I can remain the same weight eating muffins on the couch or working out eating only veggies, but think of how much healthier your insides are too! One day at a time! We are all here to cheer you on.
  • JaysWays
    JaysWays Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself. Throw your scale away! Or put it up somewhere only weigh yourself once a month. The scale takes so much out of someone its crazy. I use to weigh myself everyday and get so upset. I then educated myself, and realized you can look so good and actually gain more because muscle weighs more than fat. I am 5ft use to weigh in the 140s now I weigh 125-130 and I look like I weigh probably around 115. Alot of people are shocked when I tell them I weigh right around 130. So please do your mind a favor and put that scale away. Keep doing what your doing.If you know your pushing yourself to your limit keep going! You can do it! Need more advice or anything just message me good luck to you!
    2199216 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm with you I was feeling so lost as it appears that I can't lose any weight. i keep falling back lose and fall back. However I decided that I can lose the weight and I am really trying not to fall back again but if I do I am trying not to beat myself up. I think since I started I have lost 1 pound but I am convinced that I can lose the weight so I am not giving up. I agree with the person that said don't get on the scale so much maybe once a month that scale becomes addicting to. Keep pushing forward you are not alone
  • slither
    slither Posts: 8
    Options
    I wont give up...I am going to push harder... and I potty all day so I don't think Im retaining water...but I did notice my sodium intake is a lot...and I think I went over the daily allowance at times...I need to rethink everything an I do weigh and measure everything ...but my drs office said I probably have slow metabolism and it might start coming off all of a sudden...Im hoping...