Sweating for the Wedding, anyone?

Options

Replies

• ToBeThatGirlIDreamOf
    ToBeThatGirlIDreamOf Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sweating for the engagement, maybe?
    A little birdie put it in my ear that it may be coming soon, so I'd like to be prepared! :)
    Feel free to add!!! :)
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I'm getting Married on August 22nd 2015 =) getting started now on the body I want for then =)

SW: 189
    CW: 171
    GW: 140-150
  • nefer795
    nefer795 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    November 1st 2015. Second marriage so I decided to wear what I want, and not feel pressured to go with a traditional bridal look. I'm hoping my dress will arrive from the US this week and it is 2 sizes too small so I have a great incentive. I will still be big, but hopefully the photos won't look quite as bad;-)
    I am REALLY looking forward to the buffet at the reception. It will be the first time in months I won't count the calories...
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I got married in May of 2012, but I really like the phrase "sweating for the wedding." Cutesy! :)
  • RaineeNyte
    Options
    Congrats on the coming engagement!
    I love that... Sweating for the Wedding! Me too... a little ways to go before the wedding date (March 28, 2015). I want to lose 60 pounds by then and 90 over all...
    You can do it! We all have such great inspiration. I just got started yesterday and like some of you I have been on and off these boards for years. However, I am very excited about this and thrilled to be interacting with people on the same page!
    All the best to you all :smile:

SW:275
    WGW: 215
    UGW: 185
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    How funny, my profile says "shedding for the wedding" lol close I guess.

Congrats on your wedding! I am getting married 5/17/14.

I joined this group a while back,

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17597-wedding-soon-brides-grooms

Feel free to join, it could use some more members :)

Thanks for posting the group. I've joined.

My wedding date is May 3, 2014. I'd like to lose at minimum 5 lbs between now & then. It's a tough slog as I'm only 10-15 pounds away from goal.
  • RachelaT90
    RachelaT90 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am! June 7th 2014 so only 3 months! I want to lose at least 1 stone by my hen weekend (2 months away) and another half a stone at least after that before the wedding.

Honeymoon is the day after and we are going to Ibiza- I am a bikini-phobe so this is a HUGE deal to me haha

xxxx
  • batgirl_273
    batgirl_273 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Me too.. getting married November 8 2014. I have another 40-50 lbs I want to lose before then but has lost my motivation. Feel free to add me and let's DO THIS!!!
  • tlynn141978
    tlynn141978 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started out with a goal of getting more fit for my wedding on 6/28/14, but I am realizing how this needs to be long-term lifestyle change. Rather than focusing on a number by the wedding, I just want to be healthier and feel better in my skin... which will make me a glowing bride no matter what my weight. I'm actually more focused on body fat right now, than anything! Oh, and I want to be able to do a pull up!!

Kim, good luck to you and all the other brides-to-be on this board. I just started MFP about 2 weeks ago, and am loving how easy it is to use for tracking my nutrition and exercise! I also have a Fitbit One and it's very cool that the apps work together to adjust my calorie needs.

Height = 5'7
    Starting weight = 162 (1/23/14)
    Current weight = 155 (today)
    Goal weight = 135 (someday)

Best to all!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I got engaged in December 2013 and was originally planning for an October 2014 wedding (the 18th or 25th), but I was putting too much stress on myself worrying about my weight and also just planning the wedding itself, so we're looking at May 9, 2015 instead with engagement photos this October to sort of compromise.
  • mrsdtobe2015
    Options
    May 31st 2015!!! Gonna be a skinny Minnie ;)
  • gabbymom2
    gabbymom2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Well I may not be the bride....but I am the mother of the bride. I can tell you that is stress in itself.....you know the
    next person everyone is looking at! I have been working out 5-6 days a week. I just want to look my best....and my
    daughters wedding is April 26th. Been doing a lot of lifting so my arms will maybe improve. Other than that...there
    are facials, hair cuts/color, pedi, nails, and some "light" botox! See us mothers get stressed out to!
  • ltgordon526
    ltgordon526 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Eep! So many October weddings! Mine too- October 25, 2014. I'm coming up on 7 years with my DF, two of them spent engaged, four of them spent living together. He definitely loves me at all sizes, but I'm not thinking the dress or the photographer will be so forgiving. NOT TO MENTION my incredibly skinny, model-beautiful, homecoming queen cousin (who also happens to be a sort of mean person) also used my photographer for her wedding two years ago and the photographer used the shots from her engagement shoot to make a sample glossy book she hands out to all of her clients. So. Talk about motivation.
    Anyway, I want a very laid-back wedding and my reception will basically just be an outdoor concert for my father-in-law's band. Our ceremony will be at sunset in my grandmother's herb garden. I know I will love it whether I'm this size (242 lbs) or 142 lbs but I feel like losing weight is important to starting the new chapter of my life. IF we ever want kids, I won't do it unless I'm a healthy size and can then impart healthy eating habits on my children. So losing weight is necessary, but I don't want to focus on a number and end up regaining as soon as I get the white dress off. I am so excited to see all of these brides to be (CONGRATS ALL!!). We should keep this thread alive or start a group! I think someone posted a group that already exists, I'm going to go check that out.
    Sweating for the wedding!! <3
  • mrsolsonwaters3
    mrsolsonwaters3 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone! I'm getting hitched March 2015! A destination wedding in Mexico. I would like to lose 25 to 30 lbs and be able to wear the "beachy" dress of my dreams, and perhaps break out a swimsuit as well!
  • BAR51
    BAR51 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am not engaged but am the Mother of the Bride and I don't want to be the chubby parent out there (ok, fat is really what it is but chubby sounds better!) The wedding is August 23. I should loose 50 lbs but I would be happy with 25 to 30. I have 2 dresses that do fit now but can be altered to whatever weight I get to. Wish me luck. I need to do this not only for the wedding but for my health!
  • crystalbenton87
    crystalbenton87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HEY!

I am getting married in October. I am also doing chemo which is causing severe muscle weakness. So I am just trying to loose the fat and gain muscle without messing with the drugs. But I am alive and happy to be so.
  • erinbeth85
    Options
    I'm another October wedding... 10/4/14! My weight loss is a goal for my life, rather than just for my wedding, but the impending wedding date certainly gives me good motivation!! I ordered my dress a couple weeks ago (for my current size), and am hoping that I'll need to take it in as the date gets closer! So far, I've lost 33 pounds since mid October 2013, and am still chugging along (slowly but surely). I'm currently less than ten pounds away from being in One-derland, which I'm very excited about since 199 was my moderate goal for the wedding. I would be absolutely thrilled if I could get down to 190 by the wedding, simply because I would know that I would no longer be "obese" according to my BMI, and I haven't weighed 190 since my senior year of high school. Since 190 is really only about 19 pounds away (!!!), I would be ecstatic if I could reach even further than that by the wedding, but I'm definitely going to be still working towards my ultimate goal of about 160 (or further?) after the wedding. :-) If anyone wants to add me, it's always fun having friends on here with similar type goals.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I got engaged a couple of weeks ago. No date set yet, but I'd like it to be sometime this fall if everything works out. Trying to lower my BF about 3% by then... I was already doing that for swimsuit season, but now I've got something else to keep me going.

I really hope all you lovely ladies keep in mind that your fiance, family, and friends already love you exactly the way you are and will think you're beautiful on the big day no matter what. Make changes to be healthy, and make changes that will last, but don't go crazy trying to lose 50lbs so you can squeeze into a particular dress size. There will be plenty of other things to go crazy about, and something like your weight should not in any way lessen your enjoyment of such a special occasion. :flowerforyou:
  • _caseyb
    _caseyb Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I'm getting married March 7 2015 and just bought my dress... two sizes too small (purposely) to motivate myself to lose. Anyone else make a similar move? The poor girl helping us was hardcore doubting I could do it so now I am really motivated to prove her wrong!

SW: 150 (mid February 2014)
    CW: 144
    GW: 125
  • Betty_Rubble
    Betty_Rubble Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Right here, although my wedding is still almost 15 months from now. I'm wearing a size 6 wedding gown. Period.

Currently, a size 10
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!