Sweating for the Wedding, anyone?

Options

Replies

• meaganmna
    meaganmna Posts: 24
    Options
    Yay! Getting married on June 14, 2014. A little under three months to go! I joined MFP in January and did really well for the first month, pretty well for February, and then just got back from a trip to Baja where I didn't do well, so I'm trying to get back on track. First dress fitting is April 12 - woo hoo!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I will be a second-time bride in early January 2015, if not sooner.
    In 2013, I lost 50 pounds in 6 months. I'd like to lose 50 pounds more
    in time for the wedding in Las Vegas, on his birthday.
    I, too, want to look good in the pictures,
    but I'm more interested in the certainty that I've chosen
    the right man to live with and love for the rest of my life.
  • Kelsterina
    Kelsterina Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am getting married on October 4, 2014 and I am in the same boat! I want to lose 10-20 more pounds and tighten up! No soft underarms anymore, dammit!

So great!! Glad you are here!

What kind of excersizes are you doing?? I need ideas :)

Way to go, Kim! I'm sweating for the wedding too. I am getting married on December 28th this year so no getting fat during the holidays like I did last year! A combination of a med I was taking for migraines and laziness during Thanksgiving and Christmas meant I was bigger than I ever have been by January this year. I'm down 12 lbs since then but I want to get gorrrgeous and slender and toned for the wedding, of course ;) I will have my dress fitted in June, so my goal is to get down another 18-20 lbs and then stay there!

Something that has really worked for me is working out during lunch. I push breakfast back a little further (I amped up my protein intake with these really great yoplait blended yogurts in the morning - only 100 calories and 14g of protein) and then go to the gym during lunch and trying to burn a decent number of calories. Then I eat lunch afterwards. It's nice because it boosts my metabolism in the middle of the day and gives me a good break to look forward to in the office.
  • TBoom915
    TBoom915 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm getting married June 1. I want to drop 2 sizes and be in Onederland before the wedding.

2014 SW: 211
    CW: 203.2
    Wedding GW: 185
  • jewelsc62
    jewelsc62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Congrats on your forthcoming wedding, I am re-tying the knot (or re- doing our wedding vows for 25yrs of marriage) in june 2014 when we are on holiday in Jamaica. I am size 12 uk, that would be 10 I think in usa. So I am trying to lose my pouch and love handles. would love have encouragement and help any one else who needs it.

jewels
  • WranglerMichelle
    WranglerMichelle Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My wedding day is May 10, 2014! I'm in the home stretch and about 9 pounds away from my ultimate goal weight, but I'm within the goal weight range I set for myself and my dress looks great. I'll be happy if more weight comes off between now and then - I definitely keep an eye on my calorie intake and I work out at least 4 times a week - but if it doesn't, I'll keep working at it after the wedding! This is a life change, not just a wedding change, but no harm in wanting to look your best on your wedding day! Those pictures will be around for a long, long time.

SW (didn't join MFP 'til months after I started losing): 195
    CW: 144
    GW: 135
    Dress Size: 8 (down from 16 when I first started!)

Congrats to all you brides (and bridesmaids!) out there!
  • meagandawn88
    Options
    I am getting married May 30, 2015 so I figured I would get a head start on losing some lb's. I recently went to try on dresses and got so upset when I saw how they fit. I decided I needed to lose some weight before I go back in a few months to get my dress. I currently weigh 190 and I am 5'7. My goal is to be somewhere about 155. Does anybody have any tips/tricks or any advice? I am also considering a weight loss pill. Anything that could help me out.
  • Ladyj609
    Ladyj609 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend and I have talked about getting married. So :love: I am as well on a weight loss journey. It's really hard lifestyle change so once you see results definitely worth it.
  • kccorey
    kccorey Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, everyone! June 28, 2014 here- coming up fast! Feel free to add me.
  • amyg007
    amyg007 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, everyone! I'm getting married on October 4, 2014. I'm hoping to lose 20lbs by then. I've already orders my dress, so I am a bit nervous to lose too much as I'm afraid it will be more difficult to take the dress in too much. But I will at least get 10 off by then!

SW 189
    CW 184
    GW 164

I'm 31 and 5'9

Good luck and keep up the hard work!
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Oct 31st here!! Same reasons for getting my butt in shape! That dress is gonna look EPIC. =D
    Damn Right it will :) are you doing a different colored dress for Halloween? or are you going with white? I always thought about getting married on H-day, and doing a HUGE dark/purplish/black dress... would be sweet!

Where are you getting married?

Nope traditional white for the wedding, then something fun for the reception!! It'll be a masquerade ball in this campsite hall next to a lake. I also already bought the dress which has sizing zippers all the way down to a 4?!! So no matter where I land size wise? It'll fit!
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your wedding! I'm getting married on September 6th and while there is still snow on the ground it seems so far away...but it's not! My MOH freaked me out last week by saying "It's just over 5 months away!" What?!?! How did that happen?!?! I really thought the motivation of getting married would be what would really kick my butt back to the gym, but so far it hasn't. I'm super frustrated because I know if I don't lose weight, I will look like I currently do in the pictures and that's not cool with me. Of course my fiancé is all "you look beautiful already" which of course is the awesome part of his personality and just one reason why I am marrying him! :happy:

I already have my dress. It looks good on me, but I know it would look so much better with another 20 pounds off of me. It's easily taken in, so I don't have to worry about that. I have no idea why the wedding pictures alone wouldn't be motivation enough for me to do what I gotta do. What are you all doing for motivation??
  • kmajaVCU
    kmajaVCU Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well I am not engaged yet, but I most likely will be getting engaged sometime this year. One of my main goals is to lose weight so that I can be at my ideal size by the time I get married. Not to mention, I want to have the luxury of picking out dresses and just looking good in all of them! :)
  • daveymac31
    daveymac31 Posts: 118
    Options
    I'm a groom to be in Nov 15 this year........
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Getting married June 14! :)

SW: 139
    CW: 124
    GW: 119

sweat it out girls!!
  • lauraashley09
    lauraashley09 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on June 21st!! Less than 3 months!! I've already lost 15 pounds-ish (maybe more) and I'm planning on losing 15-20 more. i'm on month 2 of Insanity and I'm going to do 60 days more of Insanity and then 30 days of Asylum before the wedding!
    i already had my first dress fitting. we ordered a size 12 and it almost fell off. i have another dress fitting on April 19th, which is the last day of round 1 of Insanity. I'm really hoping that they will be flexible with the weight loss!
    my alterations were $720!!
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting married, I got married last year Sept 7th but my mom is getting married Sept 6th, and I'm in her wedding so I want to lose more weight by her wedding. I am shooting for 70 lbs in all , I am up to 28.6 off so I know I can do it.
  • Kelly_2013
    Kelly_2013 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am getting married March 21st, 2015. I am def sweating for the wedding (well starting today) I've been with my fiance for 13 years in July and he's been with me at my smallest (126 lbs) and at the my biggest now. I would absolutly love to lose 100 pounds by my wedding next year. i am starting T25 today along with reaching my 10,000 steps so I'm hoping that will do me some justice. So that is my plan for the next 15 weeks :) and congrats to all my fellow brides :)
  • hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    June 14th is our day and I am definitely sweating for the wedding! Good Luck Brides :heart: :heart: :love:
  • maseface1
    maseface1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    June. 14th is my wedding day too and it's creating up fast! Trying to loose 14lb or so more. Good luck everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!