Weight vs Size

Options
Hi,
Im about 5ft5

At my smallest i was 142lb and a large size 10 because i have wide hips and big thighs. I'm currently down to 160lb and im a small 12.

What weight and size are you - id like to see what % of people there are that are the same as me - i can drop a size but not the weight.

Replies

• loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3

I'm 150lbs and between a 10 and 12 though with boot cut jeans I have size 12 that are getting too big on the waist but still too small for my thighs

I would like to get to at least a comfortable 10 possibly 8 but it depends how my body changes
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I am 160lbs and wear a size 7...I can get into some 6's. I am 5 ft 7.

I used to think I would always be a "bigger" size but that isn't true.

I have dropped sizes faster than weight....in less than a year I have gone from a 12 in April of 2013 to a 6/7 in Jan of this year.
  • bb4886
    bb4886 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3

I'm 150lbs and between a 10 and 12 though with boot cut jeans I have size 12 that are getting too big on the waist but still too small for my thighs

I would like to get to at least a comfortable 10 possibly 8 but it depends how my body changes

I feel the same my thighs always stop me as they dont really budge - i really struggle to loose from them but im finding my stomache and bum i m doing well with....
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite: I can drop the weight, but my sizes haven't changed much. I am short (5'2) and about 187lbs. I carry most of my weight in my hips, thighs, butt. Having lost 30 something pounds only dropped me one pant size, to a size 16. Oh, and of course, I've about lost what boobs I did have :(
  • bb4886
    Options

I have dropped sizes faster than weight....in less than a year I have gone from a 12 in April of 2013 to a 6/7 in Jan of this year.

thats great i wish i could get down below a 10 but that seems to be where my body stops (although at the moment im stuck at a 12 and i cant get my weight loss going again)
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I'm 5'4" and 165, wearing a size 10-12 depending on the cut. I have a pancake rear, so jeans that sit on my hips are a smaller size than what I need for higher rising jeans or dress pants. Still a large on top, though. That's where I carry most of my weight.
  • bb4886
    Options
    I'm the opposite: I can drop the weight, but my sizes haven't changed much. I am short (5'2) and about 187lbs. I carry most of my weight in my hips, thighs, butt. Having lost 30 something pounds only dropped me one pant size, to a size 16. Oh, and of course, I've about lost what boobs I did have :(

Oh yes i loose my boobs fast, ive been told to try the squat challenfge for my butt and thighs so gonna try that...
  • ellashaw77
    ellashaw77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 5 (and a bit) and 160lb and fit into a UK size 12 very comfortably but I don't think I'll ever be a size 10 even if/when I reach my goal weight because I have broad shoulders, wide hips and a big chest!
    I think if there was a size 11 that's what I would be right now but I don't actually hold much weight around my hips any more after losing quite a bit of weight so I don't think they'll ever fit into a 10!
    I'm also quite scared of trying a 10 on in shops because I'm worried that I won't fit into it and that'll just make me very self concious of my body whereas when I put on a 12 I feel good about my body
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5"5' and I weigh 158 today. I wear little 8's and big 6's. Before I lost my mojo I was at 150 and ready to shop for size 4's. I'm back on track thankfully. I got back up to 162 and I looked like a busted can of biscuits in my jeans. They fit better now. I started last May at 198 lbs and size 14-16. I run so I'm more muscular, especially my thighs. I haven't lost a lot in the boob department (34 DD.)
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm 148 lbs, 5ft and a UK size 10. I would say a comfy size 10 now.
    I want to be a 6.
    Typically someone of my weight at my height would be substantially bigger in terms of clothes *size but since I'm quite a muscly person I can weigh more whilst getting into smaller clothes. I want to be about 135-137 pounds. I was over 161 pounds when I started and a 12-14.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

thats great i wish i could get down below a 10 but that seems to be where my body stops (although at the moment im stuck at a 12 and i cant get my weight loss going again)

the reason is because I lift weights (heavy weights) 3x a week.

The weight I am losing is mostly fat...therefore size is going down but weight not so much.

I will be in a firm size 6 in about 5-6weeks...I might even see a size 4 when I get to my BF% goal of 20-22%.
  • LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 170 lbs and I'm a size 10-12 depends on the cut. My thighs are wider than my hips in addition I have a butt. What gets me is that when I wear jeans I have to go to a 12 because of my thighs/butt and the fact that I have a deep arch in my lower back so at times the back of the jeans sticks out. I'm blessed that I haven't lost my breast and my hubby is happy about that as well. I drop in size faster that weight i.e inches over pounds.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'5", my figure is "rectangular," I guess, as I'm fairly straight up and down. I fluctuate from about 140-144 and I'm a size 6. My heaviest was 186 and I was a size 14, though they were tight. I have very small hips and a little butt, I'd call my chest "average." I wear misses size small tops. On the rare occasion I find something int he junior department (dresses or tops), it's usually a medium rather than a small.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    5'0 118 pounds in a size 4/6p
  • Khatastrophic
    Khatastrophic Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7, 4lbs shy of leaving the 200+ club, currently wearing a size 12 with a 29 inch waist ..

My boobs are ridiculous and I blame them for all my weight lol (34F)
  • funkyforager
    funkyforager Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am a short *kitten* 5ft1, just under the 200lb and its all belly, thights,but lost some boobage! humph, soon I will look like a pear! any ideas for shaving the thights down and the butt?
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'5" and 10 stone UK size 10 bottoms size 12 tops and dresses, I'm an apple so my torso's quite broad compared to my hips, my aim's 9stone and I think I should hit size 10 dresses and tops doubt I will go lower, at my highest of 11stone 10 I was a size 14/16 I don't carry weight well nor look great super thin (at 8stone 4 I looked pretty boney even though it's not technically underweight although petite frames can look healthy at this weight)

I don't think there's a perfect size or weight for anyone, it totally depends on how you carry it and how you feel about yourself. My main aim is to shift the gut roll I get every time I sit down and stop having a muffin top on jeans that fit my hips lol :P
  • sinrh
    sinrh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    5'3" and 166lbs. I'm a definite size 10. 12s are way big. A few pants I can fit into an 8, but it has to have room in the thighs. I'm a medium in workout pants and a tight medium/comfy Large in tops. Also, I wear size 10 in dresses.