*cake in the conference room* -- 2 days in a row --

Options
124»

Replies

• PLAID1977
    PLAID1977 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I wish I was only dealing with cake today! Here is what I have at work today:

Beer and pretzel cheese bites
    Hot & Spicy Burger Buns
    Buffalo Style Chicken Breast Filets
    Smoky Ghost Pepper Cheese
    Bourbon Bacon Topping
    Carmelized Balsamic Onion Jam
    Turkey Burgers (white and dark lol)
    Waffle Fries w/ Masa Batter
    Sweet Potato Waffle Fries
    Breaded Cod
    Mahi Mahi
    Hatch Chile Chicken Street Tacos
    Queso Street Tacos
    Assorted Greek Yogurt Cheesecakes
    Black Cherry and Ricotta Cheesecake
    Salted Caramel Ice Cream w/ Sea Salt

And about 28 other items that we have to sample for a spring product launch.

It's going to be a deliciously amazing day :drinker:
    Where do you work? And are they hiring?
    Man, Why didn't my guidance counselor inform me of this professional possibility?! LOL!
  • SoftHeat
    SoftHeat Posts: 44
    Options
    I turned down cake from the breakroom twice, but someone eventually brought a piece to my desk. It is a little harder to resist when you can smell the frosting, & I figured I had fought the universe long enough.
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    We start meetings with safety items. Last week someone mentioned eating healilthy. This week, last weeks notes are up and everyone is passing around cakes and biscuits. Later, after another meeting Danishes that hadn't been touched got handed around and tomorrow is a birthda y so there will be cake and pizza!
  • sara4159
    sara4159 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    We have monthly cake for all the birthdays that fall in the month. I generally avoid them. Last month, since it was my birthday, they brought the cake to me. I had to turn down 3 pieces that people were kind enough to deliver to my door.

I suggested to the person who orders the cakes to get fruit salad instead or as well. We'll see if it happens.
  • bonkosaurusrex
    Options
    It's always donuts and assorted pastries from a mom n pop bakery. They are amazing. I ate one today, and I feel awful because of it. I feel like eating is a reflex for me. I just can't stop shoveling food into my mouth. I do my best to surround myself with veggies/eggs/nuts and seeds, but at least once a week... OFFICE DONUTS SWOOP IN FOR THE KILL. They get me about 40% of the time.
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    this thread makes me glad and sad at the same time that i work from home.

course. i love to bake.

and now i want cake AND bacon. maybe i'll do some chocolate covered bacon.
  • nurssassy
    nurssassy Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've got a homemade blackberry pie tempting me. It was made for me by one of the residents at work so I had to accept it. I tried to leave it at work to share but she made one for the rest of the nurses and one for me. Now it sits taunting me from my kitchen counter... :devil:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Nicely done. Sweets are really hard for me to resist.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Good job resisting!! My work environment is also the most tempting when it comes to food.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    When my office has cakes and cupcakes and stuff, I tell myself (even if it isn't true) that they're lemon flavored. I hate lemon flavored baked goods. I am never tempted to eat them because they always taste horrible to me.