Confession: I'm a slow runner

Options
12346»

Replies

• cookiekrunch
    cookiekrunch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am jogging at 14/15 mins depending on if I have distractions. 10 mins seems super fast to me right now!!!
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    It's all about who you run with. I'd be trying to pace with you, but probably not able to keep up!
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I did not intend to make anyone feel disheartened with my post. So I apologize if I did. My point was that running should be more about enjoying the sport and doing something for yourself. I too had to shut off the time and pace function on my runkeeper since I was driving myself crazy with it. Now I just have it let me know my distance every half a mile so I know when to turn around with my out and back runs.
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Almost everyone gets self-conscious about their pace. I have a friend that recently admitted to being embarrassed by his 1:44 half marathon PR. I only hope to make that some day!

I recently volunteered for the first time at a local half marathon. It was one of the best things I have ever done. I made sure to stay to the very last runner. Couldn't have been more proud of her. We were set up at mile 8.1. No telling someone you are almost there with 5 miles left, right? She came through red faced and working hard. And she got the biggest cheer of the day.

Take a morning. Volunteer at a local race. You'll meet some really neat people and get to see a wide range of runners. And I'll bet you come away feeling good about yourself and with a better understanding that your best is your best. No one else's matters. So just get out, run and have fun because the reality is that none of us are going to win the Boston Marathon, right. ;-)
  • streamgirl
    streamgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post! I've always felt like I'm slow, so it's nice to know that there are lots of us! In fact, I did an Olympic Tri and felt self-conscious about my slowness, so I decided to poke fun at it and made a shirt that said "<--Pass on the left and save me a beer." (By the way, I stole this from someone I saw at another race!) Lots of people passed me, but several of them said they liked my shirt, and that was fun.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Does not matter slow or fast as long as you are doing it. Awesome.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post! I've always felt like I'm slow, so it's nice to know that there are lots of us! In fact, I did an Olympic Tri and felt self-conscious about my slowness, so I decided to poke fun at it and made a shirt that said "<--Pass on the left and save me a beer." (By the way, I stole this from someone I saw at another race!) Lots of people passed me, but several of them said they liked my shirt, and that was fun.

Love it!
  • ZombieMomTreks
    ZombieMomTreks Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm also hovering around the 15 minute time and have been since even before knee surgery.