Bikini- first

Options

Replies

• lightmouse
    lightmouse Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have never worn a bikini without something over the top, like a cover up. I have worked my *kitten* off for six months and this summer, I'm going to get in one if it's the last thing I do - I have wasted my entire twenties hiding a pot belly and worrying about my small chest and it stops NOW :huh: my tummy has always been hidden from everyone so to get used to the idea of people seeing it I changed my profile pic on facebook and on here.

Have an amazing time :drinker:
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You might want to workout in your bikini. I do most of my workouts at home, this will boost your confidence. I do ballet beautiful dvds in a bikini as my thighs needs some work!!
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I believe posting pic of you in said bikini would greatly boost your confidence. just sayin :wink:
    Glad I'm not the only one thinking this!
  • TXRanchGirl
    TXRanchGirl Posts: 303
    Options
    As a fellow "first timer" in the bikini dept..this thread is great. I just ordered a super cute one from VS..and I am going to ROCK IT this summer!!!
  • scoutli
    scoutli Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I firmly believe that what we see in the mirror is not how others see us. We are so hard on ourselves. I recently bought a bikini and was shy about wearing it. So I snapped a selfie in the mirror and was shocked by what I saw. I snapped 5 more--all looked the same. I was very pleased, and wore that bikini with confidence. Get tge spray tan and snap a few selfies. I bet you are pleasantly surprised. Have a great vacation!
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have to say yes to all those that recommended a spray tan.....no matter what when I am tan I feel and look so much better.

I am getting myself down so I can wear a bikini in Hawaii in December, its been over 9 years since I have worn one and I am hoping I can do it again. I dont want to be wearing jeans and a tank at the beach like I have done all these years.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Wear the bikini for a few hours each day (even if it's sporadic) .. get used to seeing yourself in it.

Remember that there are so many people out there who wear bikinis and rock them, regardless of weight and body shape. You've got this!!

Diet-wise, avoid processed stuff, drink lots of water... essentially watch for things that may cause bloat... Start lifting. You won't get crazy results in 5 weeks but you may shave an inch or 2 off!

She's right. Bikini is all attitude.

Best tip - fantastic posture! Strut it!
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Learn Photoshop...LOL. Sorry ...but good luck.
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    oh how fun OP! I haz the excited feels for yew :flowerforyou:

For me, I definitely have a routine before photo shoots. I don't make any big changes to my diet or exercise, but I do try to cut back on high-sodium or high-carb items simply because I find they do make me slightly squishy feeling. But that's just me! Don't let your exercise routine slide either. Prep a playlist with beats that make you feel supah sexeh to listen to on the way there. Also I think getting used to the bikini is a great suggestion! Get comfortable seeing yourself in it and focus on features you love like dat booty or dem legs:) At the end of the day it's a mental game. Go in there with a Beyonce attitude and run that city :happy:

Oh and boo spray tans, personally I love my fair skin. Rock what you got!
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    This may seem a little silly, but you might want to consider getting a spray tan. My legs always look a little leaner when I put some sunless tanner on them. Just try not to go overboard, or you'll end up looking like a cast member from the Jersey Shore :wink:

Damn. I'd do this, but I've got orange hair as is so tans are completely out for me. Forever pale! #gingerproblems
  • anna1m
    anna1m Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You are all very helpful, and funny!!! I will be drinking, getting a spray tan, and for my first shot at being comfortable in my bathing suit, here is a pic. Be kind...
    bikini2march2014.jpg
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You're rocking that bikini!!! Get comfortable in it and you'll do great.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    This may seem a little silly, but you might want to consider getting a spray tan. My legs always look a little leaner when I put some sunless tanner on them. Just try not to go overboard, or you'll end up looking like a cast member from the Jersey Shore :wink:

Damn. I'd do this, but I've got orange hair as is so tans are completely out for me. Forever pale! #gingerproblems

pasty rocks too- you just have to find the right bikini for le-pasty body.

#gothproblems
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    another try:
    bikini2march2014.jpg

ETA: whoo hoo! You look great!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I find that drinking helps me.

lol! This is too funny! :drinker: :laugh: I agree!!
  • MamaFunky
    Options
    another try:
    bikini2march2014.jpg

ETA: whoo hoo! You look great!

Way to go! You look great!!!
  • MamaFunky
    Options
    I firmly believe that what we see in the mirror is not how others see us. We are so hard on ourselves. I recently bought a bikini and was shy about wearing it. So I snapped a selfie in the mirror and was shocked by what I saw. I snapped 5 more--all looked the same. I was very pleased, and wore that bikini with confidence. Get tge spray tan and snap a few selfies. I bet you are pleasantly surprised. Have a great vacation!

This is a great idea too! I sometimes use those lotions and most are not that great. How long does the spray tan last? Is there a type of spray tan that is better than others? Thanks in advance!!
  • alyjb1121
    alyjb1121 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Wear the bikini for a few hours each day (even if it's sporadic) .. get used to seeing yourself in it.

Remember that there are so many people out there who wear bikinis and rock them, regardless of weight and body shape. You've got this!!

Diet-wise, avoid processed stuff, drink lots of water... essentially watch for things that may cause bloat... Start lifting. You won't get crazy results in 5 weeks but you may shave an inch or 2 off!

I like this idea of wearing the bikini to get used to it - I never feel comfortable in a swimsuit, no matter what kind I wear or what my weight is - I feel like my bum is hanging out, or my stomach....I just feel weird. The tanning lotion I believe helps also - I always feel like it covers flaws or whatever.

So true! Having a nice tan and also getting used to the swim suit is a good idea! Whenever I weigh myself, I take a good look in the mirror to get used to the changes and take a moment to appreciate the healthier version of myself. It's good inspiration to stay healthy too since I am getting used to what I see!
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!! Have fun.
    I honestly don't think you need to do anything extra to "get ready". Just show up as you are :happy: