Do you see any change in my body?

Options
This is very hard for me to post (I despise my body) but I'm just wondering if anyone see's any change to my body?

Top Row: 242 lbs
Bot Row: 224 lbs

2ensrjr.jpg

My Mom says she can see a difference but I feel she's just saying it so I don't feel discouraged..

I know I'm not even close to my goal but I'm just curious,

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Your arm is way smaller. And I bet your face is, too. We can't really see your legs, but I'm willing to bet you lost some there, too. Don't give up! I started at 240.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't worry yourself about change in your body (although yes I can tell) but be more mindful of your eating habits and food choices. concentrate on your exercise, the weight will come off i promise if you do those things. it just takes time. I read a quote that said you didn't gain 20lbs in one week, don't expect it to come off in one week. have a great week and keep up the good work.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    If you want honesty, I'm going to say it's not that significant yet. It takes time, so just continue.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • rayytriangle
    Options
    Of course I want honesty! haha.

I'm done lieing to myself. Lies is what got me fat in the first place ("I'm not that fat" "I'll start working out tommorow" etc)
  • vibhorka
    vibhorka Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think for most people that need to lose a significant amount of weight (including me), the body goes shape, skin etc goes through a lot of changes and strange and weird transformation.

From the pictures you posted, you can see the difference in the way it looks, but as said by posters above me, please continue on and you will see AMAZING results and the look you are looking for. Just takes time.

More importantly, focus on the habits that you are taking up now, because those will be I imagine the most important tools to keep the look you would have earned.

Good Luck!
  • rayytriangle
    Options
    My stomach looks like it hangs much lower which sucks... Not sure why that is. :sad:
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    To be honest I don't see a lot of change in your tummy, but that just means it came off somewhere else.
    My tummy is always the last place to lose weight!
  • theJTfitness
    theJTfitness Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Not a whole lot of change yet, but you are very close to seeing some. Don't quit pushing!!!
  • threshkreen
    threshkreen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You blocked off your face, but it could be if that is the only place you let your mom see that this could be where you lose your weight first. I can see a smaller arm and shoulder. People lose first in different places. I lose first in my face, next my boobs and mid section, and dead last seems to be my hips and legs. Measure yourself - neck, bust, bicep circumference, waist, hips, upper thigh and calf every other week or so. You may see changes in different body parts in different weeks.

Losing weight slowly is the best way to go. Take graciously every compliment you get and enjoy them! Good luck and keep going!!
  • rayytriangle
    Options
    I showed her this exact photo, but I see what you mean. I don't see any change in my face but I have always had a full face. :tongue:
  • easjer
    easjer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I do see change, yes. Your stomach is loosing mass, but it's not a huge change (not sure if it would show outside clothes) - it's definitely there though. And I'm willing to bet your face has changed too. I know one big thing for me was that I quickly became much less bloated. I didn't even realize how puffy I looked (I mean, fat, yeah, but puffy too). I also see change in your arms.

Basically - you are loosing and changing - keep it up! It will only gain momentum from here! If you aren't doing measurements, start immediately.
  • dianasustaita37
    dianasustaita37 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You are doing an amazing job with whatever it is you're doing. You're jeans will be feeling loose in no time. :) Keep up the hard work.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    It's kind of hard to tell w/ different lighting and clothing but I see a slight change in your stomach. I know when I first started losing, 20 pounds didn't seem to make a whole lot of difference except my face and chest looked a bit less puffy but my clothes pretty much fit the same. Once I lost the next 10 or so pounds, I started noticing a bigger change and my clothes got too loose really quickly! It's weird how that happens...

You're definitely making progress so congrats on that and keep up the good work!
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I always lose weight in my face and butt and legs first and we really cant see any of that on you here. My stomach is always last. 20 Pds is a amazing job so keep up the good work :smile:
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Nothing so significant but you do seem like width wise you have slimmed a small amount. keep working!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Every little bit counts!

Remember to take measurements at certain times, and then you'll start to see the difference!!!
  • rayytriangle
    Options
    I've taken measurements and haven't seen much change. But I could be doing it wrong. haha
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I know it's difficult to keep things "intact" up top (I see you're wearing two sports bras), but it does seem to be cutting into you a bit in the second photo. Wearing things that are form-fitting rather than tight can make a big difference when you're taking progress pictures, fyi.

I agree with others. Just because it's not your stomach or back doesn't mean a chance isn't noticeable. Perhaps your face, bottom, legs, etc. Perhaps the 20 lbs was visceral fat, the kind you don't necessarily see leaving, but is hugely important to get rid of. Soon, the stomach will reflect that as you keep losing.
  • rayytriangle
    Options
    I'm not wearing two sports bras. haha. It's the same one in a different color. I see now that it was just caught underneath which is why it shows more back roll inthe second picture *shudders* And I chose to wear what I'm wearing because I'd like to have my ultimate after picture in a sports bra anyways so I wanted to keep a pattern. Toned tummy is my goal!
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Everyone loses differently, I have no fat on my arms and legs but it's all in my mid section, it's frustrating but keep it up!

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs