Do you mind eating at a restaurant by yourself?

Options

Replies

• GrEyedRose
    GrEyedRose Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Not at all. I take a book or a magazine. It's actually kinda nice to do every once in awhile.

Once my husband was eating alone and an elderly woman asked to sit with him since they were both eating alone. It turned into the two of them talking for a couple of hours. Maybe someone nice like that will happen to you!
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I go out to eat by myself a lot. the food is a better portion, and it doesn't have to sit and wait for me to get home and eat it. :) (I also go to the movies by myself if no one else wants to see what I want to see when I have time to see it.)

now, granted, sometimes I'll get a sundae to go so no one has to/can watch me enjoy my ice cream. ;)

so go, order, pamper yourself, and enjoy not having to clean up after dinner. :)
  • charissh
    charissh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I often shop alone, which means eating alone come lunch time. Sometimes I just get a sandwich and eat it on the move, but sometimes I like to eat alone in a restaurant.
    I think that once I get over the awkwardness of asking for a table for one I enjoy it, makes me feel really independent :)

If you enjoy it go ahead, think of the tasty food your friends are missing out on :)
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    No. Eating lunch by myself. I do everyday.
  • fitfan11
    fitfan11 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I have no problems eating alone. At the very least I know that I'll be in very good company.
  • Operation_Shred
    Options
    I like eating at a restaurant alone. I make all the older women feel sorry for me and then they get me drunk. Then it's game on. #CougarHuntin
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I've done it a couple of times when I traveled for work and there weren't many options. I just read on my phone while I was waiting and eating. For the most part, no. It feels awkward to me personally.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I like eating at a restaurant alone. I make all the older women feel sorry for me and then they get me drunk. Then it's game on. #CougarHuntin

Crap, that was YOU?!
  • stacshelb
    stacshelb Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    No, I don't mind it. Its kind of nice sometimes.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I can do it but I can't just stare at my food. I have to bring my tablet for something to read while I eat.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Wait, you don't eat your take-out directly out of the containers?!
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options

I am taking notes diligently.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I eat alone all the time. Don't even care. I actually prefer eating alone or eating with other people who eat big because they usually appreciate silence and the chance to focus on the monumental task at hand.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with it. I used to travel for work a lot and I didn't usually want to go to dinner with coworkers after being with them for 10+ hours already.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    If I'm eating alone, I prefer to do it at home.
  • ifaber
    ifaber Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I don't mind at ALL! I'll either bring a book or just gaze at things and let my mind sort out all the things I have left to do that day or week or whatever.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time, love some me time!
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I love dining out alone!!! I people watch, listen to others' conversations, eat everything I want, don't have to share, and just spend a little time with my self, because I'm pretty awesome, and I like hanging out with me.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I eat out by myself sometimes. Some places I don't like to, but don't mind usually. Also depends on my mood.
  • Lola_Rogers
    Lola_Rogers Posts: 107
    Options
    i go out to eat alone each time promising myself to push the guys away but each time end up leaving the restaurant with them lol