Ideas for Improving Scrambled Eggs

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Other than Bacon, you people are all messing up some perfectly good eggs with your insane concoctions. LOL
  • bekim123
    bekim123 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I add diced mushrooms, diced ham, and a bit of cheese.
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hot sauce, spinach, feta, mushrooms, onions, peppers, salsa, homemade quacamole. I LOVE scrambled eggs!

I made some with imitation crab meat and sriracha the other day which was great. Really anything can be scrambled upp with eggs
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    diced tomatos, onions, jalapenos, peppers, cheese, chorizo/sausage/bacon/ham/etc

i like spicy :)
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower, broccoli and lots of tapatio!!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Top them with some fried eggs and cheese, and then fold that into an omelette. Of course, add salt and pepper to taste, bacon, sausage, and ham. Add more cheese. Place end result on two large burrito size flour tortillas, roll and enjoy.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    But add whatever veggies you like- it's like an omelette- but without the effort of making an omelette.
    Exactly this. I am a fan of peppers, onions, and ham or bacon.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Not fried rice. Top rice and sautéed cabbage and veggies with scrambled eggs and green onion. Sprinkle with soy sauce and a bit d sesame oil. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Salad shrimp are really good scramble with the eggs.
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Maybe you just need a change in how you prepare your eggs. I got sick of scrambled eggs too at one point. Now I also make soft eggs and poached eggs in the microwave. Super easy. They plate very nicely on a bed of lightly steamed spinach, topped with an avocado mash mixed with lemon juice, basil, and sea salt, then sprinkle on shredded mozzarella cheese, crumbled turkey bacon, and lay on sliced grape tomatoes. Looks gourmet and tastes super yummy.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I am such an egg fan. Every single thing here sounds delish.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Slow cook them, then top with brown butter
    With a slice of truffle, or truffle oil.
  • monkeywizard
    monkeywizard Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My wife and I do omlettes almost daily.. we add a tri-pepper mix from Publix that has green, red & yellow peppers. turkey sausage and Mrs. Dash. I think it's italian medley but not sure..

i'm curious about the mustard idea.. sounds.. interesting!
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Franks hot sauce is all that is missing!

It's good on everything!
  • Aeryn24
    Aeryn24 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love adding spinach, diced tomatoes, shallots and cheese to make a nice scramble.

For some meaty additions, I add leftover turkey taco meat, some cheese and a little hot sauce.

Great thread - I'm getting new ideas. I love eggs!
  • Cyan99
    Cyan99 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Basically, anything.

And this may sounds weird - but omelette with peach slices & a sprinkle of icing sugar on top is genuinely amazing.
  • liha0808
    liha0808 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My fav is to fry couple strips of bacon, or use diced ham, then fry potatoes, adding onion, pepper and sometimes chopped asparagus to last few minutes before the potatoes are done. Then I add 2 eggs scrambled with almond milk and cook till just underdone, turn off burner, then throw in a handful of spinach, and halved grape tomatoes then stir until done and just wilted. You can season with any- garlic, Italian, chili powder, ranch season, ground mustard, tobacco, cayenne, chives, parsley...endless.

I know what I'm making this weekend!
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower, broccoli and lots of tapatio!!

Wow, you are a cannibal then....lots of protein with your eggs....lol. But why did you go so far and add someone from Guadalajara to your eggs ? Just joking....apart from the fact that someone from Guadalajara is indeed called a " tapatio ".
  • notyouraveragetalia
    notyouraveragetalia Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Grated Apple
    Chicken Sausage
    Cinnamon

Scallion
    Bacon

Shallot
    Baby Spinach
    Linguica
  • notyouraveragetalia
    notyouraveragetalia Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    And this may sounds weird - but omelette with peach slices & a sprinkle of icing sugar on top is genuinely amazing.

This makes me happy--thanks for posting will try
  • Mady1911
    Mady1911 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!