Any advice? 130lb wanting to go down to around 100

Options

Replies

• tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    And this is because...?
    Cut out sugar. All sugar. Fruits included. That is gonna be tough when you are vegetarian.
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    LOL send me that scale.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to these people telling you to lift weights. How in the world are you going to lose 30 more pounds if you are packing on muscle??? Unless you wanna look like a dude LOL

15rgzlh.jpg
  • tjsoccermom
    Options
    Don't listen to these people telling you to lift weights. How in the world are you going to lose 30 more pounds if you are packing on muscle??? Unless you wanna look like a dude LOL

I've been on MFP for over a year now and have ready many ignorant posts...this one definitely ranks at or near the top!!
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    drink coffee &lots of water sleep u will drop some lbs.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    And this is because...?
    Cut out sugar. All sugar. Fruits included. That is gonna be tough when you are vegetarian.

Because clearly fruit makes you fat. I mean...we all got fat eating apples and grapes, right?
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Today I've decided that I've spent enough time hating and crying over the way i look and have decided to do something about it and start dieting. At the moment I weigh 130lb and am 5'4". I have an awful figure, my bra size is 34C, waist is 25" but have this huge huge *kitten* and thighs. I know that you can't really target where you lose weight, but if that's where I seem to put it on, is that where I'll lose it?

I'm a student so I'm on a tight budget, although I live with my boyfriend who also wants to start losing weight himself. Have any of you got any ideas/tips on how to get started? I'm vegetarian so eating a primarily lean meat/fish diet is out of the question. Another point to add is that I have severe depression which I am getting treated for, but it does mean that getting up and being active is usually difficult for me, hence why I want to lose weight by focussing on my diet.

Thanks for any help you guys have :)

Hey, you do realise that you've got something very coveted by women, and particularly guys, an hourglass figure! If your hips are bigger than 37" I bet you look fine but are finding it hard because you may have gained a few pounds more than you wanted as you grew into a mature woman.

Girl it's something to celebrate! Now, you want to firm up? Burn a few pounds of fat, add a few pounds of muscle? You're in the right place! And you need never have to eat less than 250 calories under it over your maintenance figure. You just need to read read search and read some more. You're lucky. And take your time.

Ps triathlon training has helped me beat the biggest depression of my life, after tragic death of a parent and the break up of my 17 year relationship. I never took any anti depressents, and also have found logging my calories has helped an underlying eating disorder and self esteem issues.
  • Amelia7779
    Amelia7779 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The 2, 4, 6, 8 diet is really good. You eat 200 cals one day, 400 the next, then 600 then 800 then you repeat. Keep repeating until you reach your goal weight!! I recommend you stick to only fruits and veggies, maybe some non fat yogurts and oatmeal.

You can do it!!!

Gotta be a troll!
  • catherinemaxwell566
    Options
    drink coffee &lots of water sleep u will drop some lbs.

I wouldn't suggest coffee, weight loss with caffeine is a particularly unhealthy way to go
  • tjsoccermom
    Options
    OK, now you're making it tough...is your post about not lifting weights because you'll look like a dude the most ignorant, or is this post? Hmmm...perhaps a poll should be taken.

In all seriousness, you need to feed your body, it needs way more calories than that to function. You'd be a mess eating like that and that would never work out long term. Say you even manage to do that until you reach goal weight...then what? How much would you eat to maintain. Eating like what you suggested would seriously f up your metabolism. You might need to seek treatment if you're managing to eat like that, seems like an eating disorder would be coming on. Please don't give this advice or take it yourself. Best of luck to you!
    The 2, 4, 6, 8 diet is really good. You eat 200 cals one day, 400 the next, then 600 then 800 then you repeat. Keep repeating until you reach your goal weight!! I recommend you stick to only fruits and veggies, maybe some non fat yogurts and oatmeal.

You can do it!!!
  • catherinemaxwell566
    Options
    And this is because...?

Because clearly fruit makes you fat. I mean...we all got fat eating apples and grapes, right?

haha yeh for me it wasn't my daily trips to subway and burger king.... it was that damn apple a day
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

<-- looks like a dude, apparently.

So manly

Especially all those soft curves and silhouettes. Don't forget your top hat when you go out. Gotta stay classy
  • coffeelauren
    coffeelauren Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    As for what to eat and how to exercise- I agree, mix cardio and strength together to get optimum results with workouts maybe 4 to 5 days a week. If you're new to exercising, start out light! Don't push It to hard at first! (ahhh injuries!). As for food- yay for vegetarianism! I've been meat free since I was pretty little, and just dropped dairy this year. Don't listen to them, dairy is crap for you. It thickens mucus, and is build to triple the size of baby calves, not feed adult humans. 80% of people are somewhat lactose intolerant. Not to mention the nastiness that is in dairy (bluh pus and such). Just eat plants! I promise you're protein intake will be fine, as long as you pay attention to what you're eating to some extent! :)
  • Achrya
    Options

So manly

Especially all those soft curves and silhouettes. Don't forget your top hat when you go out. Gotta stay classy
    Saving this spot for when I put a top hat on Amber's head in paint. BRB
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

So manly

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Lots of body weight exercises.. squats, lunges, and more squats. I have a very large butt and am really starting to slim down in behind and my thighs/hips. I do a mix of lower body exercises and cardio at least twice a week along with full body exercise with weights (5lb) 2 or 3 times a week.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    lift
  • tjsoccermom
    Options
    And this is because...?

Clearly. I mean my 3 servings or so of fruit a day are clearly causing me to not lose weight. In fact, I should probably quit eating carrots, a high in sugar vegetable, and tomatoes, as they are technically a fruit, although most people consider them a veggie.

And while I'm at it, my Chobani greek yogurt, which I often times have 2 of a day, have also fruit and...wait for it...sugar...gasp...added. Yes, clearly, eating this way is causing me to not lose weight. 61 lbs in 14 months...take that you sugar laden foods!

Wish there was a sarcasm font :wink:
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Honestly though, OP. Don't try to get really crazy thin. If you have *says in deep voice* "trouble zones", you're better suited eating at maintenance and doing a slow recomp or cut maybe a few pounds, the work back up to get muscle. Muscle will help you look lean and *Again in deep voice* "toned" more than killing yourself to get thin. Love your body be patient and things will fall into place

Oh and lift heavy. Someone should link that halp lifting made me supah bulky thread.
  • Achrya
    Options

So manly

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

y4eI5zA.png?1

Nailed it