What makes you lose motivation?

Options
2»

Replies

• Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My job!!! Normally I work overnights and it causes sleep issues. so I am too tired to exercise and my body craves bad foods for quick energy to stay awake. I got off the overnight kick for the last almost 2 weeks and so far I saw a 7lb loss on the scale lol
    I realize some of that is my body getting rid of all those yuckies like sodium but I know it isn't all that.

Thank goodness I had an interview today and got a new job. They are aware I would prefer days or evenings but will take the occasional overnight so I am hoping it will help. I am still keeping the other job as well for now but my availability will be limited. I realize my bills got to be paid, but my health is important too. Gotta put yourself first sometimes.
  • shanepurrer
    shanepurrer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I find that I when I am working out so much and loosing maybe 200gms. in a week that I say to myself what is the point. But what I am trying to do now is relate that 200gms to something so that I have some sort of visual to what I am loosing.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    This is such a good question. I honestly don't know what makes me slack off. The desire is always there as are the goals but sometimes it all goes out the window. I get SO tired of watching what I eat and exercising, I feel sometimes like its so much easier just to return to the old ways of eating & not thinking. Its taken me 3 years to take of 248 lbs and as much as I love how I look & feel now, I wish sometimes I was one of those people who can eat whatever they want and still stay skinny.

I really struggled between Halloween & Thanksgiving. Didn't lose an ounce, except for the couple of lbs which I put on when I slacked off. Since then though I've been focused and excited about going to the gym and I've been killing it there. My average exercise burn is around 1200 calories. I have an "off" eating day once in a while but overall I'm staying on the healthy path. I honestly can't say what switched in me, I'm just doing it right now.

My trainer reminded me that I did really well this time of year last year, in fact won a pre-new year resolution weight loss contest at the gym and won a free 2 year membership. So maybe the time of year, seasons play a role, at least for me.

It has helped me to ask myself: IS THE CHOICE I'M MAKING RIGHT NOW MOVING ME CLOSER TO OR FURTHER FROM MY GOAL? I also read stories about people who lose & regain it all plus, I don't want to do that.
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    overtraining
  • takethepieces
    Options
    Not losing/ gaining and not knowing why. I just try to stick with it and hope it doesn't happen again next week. I try to figure out a plan to ensure weight loss the next week or figure out what I did wrong, if anything, and once I have a plan I feel better...