• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    in for recipes
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Bump!
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    chicken breast dash of garlic powder - dash of pepper - bake for 15 minutes @ 350 then put 1 tablespoon of pasta sauce on it and 1/2oz of part skim mozzarella on top and bake for additional 5 minutes. skinny chix parm - yum!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Most boring part of a chicken.. no matter how it's cooked. Ok hate me. I'm allowed to think it though.
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Bump
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Most boring part of a chicken.. no matter how it's cooked. Ok hate me. I'm allowed to think it though.

No hate here :) everyone is different
    I can't stand dark meat chicken though...
    I did almost buy some boneless thighs today though but quickly put them back.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    I have chicken breast for tonight tired of the same old way I cook it. Please leave your ideas I need kid friendly and moist. Thank you in advance for your help.

you kinda need to tell us how you cook it...

personally, i like poaching it.
  • anthonyhere
    anthonyhere Posts: 21 Member
    I just poached some chicken breasts, low and slow on the stovetop. Use water, chicken base, salt and pepper. Then shred it using two forks. Made some fajitas. Will save the rest for curry, chicken salad or whatever comes to mind.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Mine is one I have made for years and always give away the recipe

Chicken breasts.. I use boneless, skinless but I don't think it matters but remove the skin
    Marinate in a mixture of plain Greek yogurt,ground cumin, fresh ginger, grated fine,lemon
    Roll in crushed cornflakes and bake 375 till done on lightly oiled foil lined pan. So moist and flavorful
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Another way is
    3 chicken breasts
    Taco seasoning .... rub into meat
    Place in crockpot, add jar of salsa and cook till done
    Shred and add sour cream
    Great for fajitas or my husband likes it over rice with black olives........
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Chicken breasts are expensive, buy a whole chicken, wash it and dry it, rub all over with butter and your fav herbs and spices. Put cast iron Dutch oven in your oven. Heat to 500 degrees. Dump in chicken breast side up put on lid put back in oven and lower to 400 degrees. Set timer for one hour. Done and done. One $8 organic chicken feeds 4. Super moist!
  • piscesjh
    piscesjh Posts: 15 Member
    I usually always bake my chicken breast with some bacon (even turkey Bacon) wrapped around it . Our store here sells jalapeno cream cheese bacon wraps. They make the best baked chicken.
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Chicken breasts are expensive, buy a whole chicken, wash it and dry it, rub all over with butter and your fav herbs and spices. Put cast iron Dutch oven in your oven. Heat to 500 degrees. Dump in chicken breast side up put on lid put back in oven and lower to 400 degrees. Set timer for one hour. Done and done. One $8 organic chicken feeds 4. Super moist!

I get mine at Walmart in a huge family pack and get about 7 giant breasts for around 11 dollars.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    I made chicken breast with land o lakes saute express ( garlic & herb) with Jasmine rice and green beans tonight .........very yummy
  • CardiC333
    CardiC333 Posts: 68 Member
    Did people already say stir fry. Omgggg it's to die.
  • djs2303
    djs2303 Posts: 93 Member
    I use "Maggies oh so Juicy" packet bags, just add pepper/courgettes/onions/mushrooms) and put them in the bag provided with the seasoning provided. I have normally chicken thighs (really cheap) and I do it with rice (look at my photos)

I also dice it, and make my own chicken kebab :) nom nom
  • maz2469
    maz2469 Posts: 67 Member
    bump
  • traceleann
    traceleann Posts: 60 Member
    1lb chicken breast cut into nugget size pieces
    1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
    2 T shredded Parmesan cheese
    2 tsp garlic salt
    2 tsp onion powder
    2 tsp seasoned salt
    oil spray

Preheat oven to 425. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
    Spray chicken pieces with oil spray.
    Mix dry ingredients and dip chicken in it.
    Put chicken on sheet and bake at 425 for 20-30 min. Turn halfway through.
    155 calories per serving. (Yield from 4oz raw.)

My son is super picky and I can get him to eat this almost every time.