Dessert/Sweet Tooth Snack Ideas

Options

Replies

• allicia99
    allicia99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do the peanut butter and yoghurt alot but don't freeze it. It goes in my mouth straight away haha. I also find that Bear yo yo's help (like fruit roll ups) as they are sweet but each is on 27 cals!

Looking for more friends for support so please add me :D
  • acarr4u
    acarr4u Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    1.5 tablespoons of natural peanut butter, 1 diced apple and 1 square of 90% chocolate chopped. Mix all together and nom. nom. nom.
  • ceciliaruns
    ceciliaruns Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I make a protein "ice cream" that satisfies my sweet tooth.

1 serving of frozen fruit (blueberries, mixed berries, cherries, etc.)
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1/4-1/2 cup almond milk

Place ingredients in a small blender and blend until smooth.
  • wink212
    wink212 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jamesalytle
    jamesalytle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    strawberries and whip cream
  • tdotdiva
    tdotdiva Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Lemon Merengue Parfait - it's my current fave : )

A sprinkle about a tablespoon of graham crumbs in the bottom of a small bowl, 1/2 cup of the source lemon merengue yogurt (50 cal/serving) and top with the ff cool whip. It's so satisfying!
  • tinamaverick
    tinamaverick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Applesauce topped with a little toasted nuts or granola.
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Covered Katie is AWESOME, try one of her dips (Snickerdoodle and cookie dough are 2 of my faves)
    Dates stuffed with walnuts or peanut butter
    Sugar Free pudding mix with Greek yogurt or I have also done with low fate cottage cheese.

:flowerforyou:
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Lots of great ideas. I like to partially defrost frozen raspberry sand add a TBS of half and half with a touch of sugar....so yummy.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Covered Katie is AWESOME, try one of her dips (Snickerdoodle and cookie dough are 2 of my faves)
    Dates stuffed with walnuts or peanut butter
    Sugar Free pudding mix with Greek yogurt or I have also done with low fate cottage cheese.

:flowerforyou:

Does it actually taste like cookie dough?
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    What I've been doing for some snacks lately:

1. Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough for some extra protein
    2. Plain yogurt with some cinnamon cereal in it or I usually put fruit or granola in it
    3. Ricotta cheese with fruit like pineapple or mango
  • subjecttwo
    subjecttwo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I like Cool Whip on raspberries, sometimes with a little Hershey's syrup. Jolly ranchers are good too.
  • Saratini76
    Saratini76 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    For me has to be single serving apple crisp. I guess I love something hot. And sweet..

1 T b sugar
    1T flour
    1T old fashioned oatmeal
    1T butter or margarine
    1 apple chopped You don't need to peel
    Cinnamon

Chop apple,mix top 5 ingredients til crumbly add cinnamon
    Put over apple , microwave 3 minutes
    Take out add 1 T coolwhip
    I have also used canned peaches instead. WONDERFUL

I have GOT to try this. Sounds so super yummy! Maybe throw in a few raisins for extra fiber and texture!

I made these and my family LOVED them! I also tried them with key lime yogurt and a few tablespoons of juice. Key to great ones is adding the sugar though. Splenda made them taste like dry biscuits.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1005897-mini-chocolate-cheesecakes-91-calories-a-serving
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Going to make the chocolate chip cookie dough dip tonight if I have all the ingredients. I am not telling the kids what's in it!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    2 cups of plain greek yogurt (I make my own and it's full fat but you could opt for low fat)
    1 packet of sugar free Jell-O of your choice (the kind that makes four half cup servings)

Mix well, microwave for 2 minutes, stopping the microwave at the 1 minute mark to stir. Refrigerate.
    Makes an amazing 4 serving crustless pie for around 130 calories a serving (if full fat) or under 100 calories if low or nonfat.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    2 cups of plain greek yogurt (I make my own and it's full fat but you could opt for low fat)
    1 packet of sugar free Jell-O of your choice (the kind that makes four half cup servings)

Mix well, microwave for 2 minutes, stopping the microwave at the 1 minute mark to stir. Makes an amazing 4 serving crustless pie for around 130 calories (if full fat) or under 100 calories if low or nonfat.

How? A cup of nonfat Greek yogurt is 130 calories alone.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    How? A cup of nonfat Greek yogurt is 130 calories alone.

A serving is half a cup, so if made with nonfat a serving would be under 100 calories.
  • blondelis50
    blondelis50 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    ...a little bit of marshmellow fluff with a little bit of nutella on a plain graham cracker does the trick for me.:wink:
  • AlyAnnesBack
    Options
    Chia pudding.
    1/2cup chia seeds (whole or ground. Whatever texture you prefer)
    2cups milk, soymilk, or almond milk
    Some kind of sweetener. Anything's fine. To taste.
    Then add whatever you want for flavor. Cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, banana, berries, vanilla extract, almond extract, peanut butter or pb 2, protein of any flavor, etc.

Mix it all up and put into serving dishes. Put in the fridge and as soon as it sets its ready! Can set in as little as 15 mins. It's kinda jelly and not as creamy as regular pudding. I find putting some reddi whip on top really sets it off. Base has hardly any calories when broken into 4 servings. When I make it (with add ons and reddi whip) it's usually under 200 calls.