Options

Replies

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    beans, oatmeal, avocado,peanut butter.tofu
  • beautifuldiskize
    Options
    I get drained tuna pouches or cans, they are only 70 calories but they are 18 grams of protein which fills you up. I alternate with Swanson's white chick breast in a can because you're not supposed to have tuna all of the time.

Basically anything with a lot of protein in it is what will keep you full. Or fiber.

Oh, my new favorite things are by Green Giant. They are in my diary.. they're called Just For One and they have cheesy rice with broccoli and it's only 60 calories for the whole tray! They're great for snacking. They also have cheesy cauliflower and cheesy broccoli plain.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Along with getting plenty of protein (lean meat, dairy, beans/legumes, eggs) and healthy fat, consider the quality of your food. I'm not clean eater but the more I pay attention to the food I eat and how it affects me, the more I realize that super processed stuff just doesn't stick with me as long as natural sources (protein bar vs eggs, instant oatmeal vs homecooked steel cut oats). Something to consider.
  • JackieO524
    JackieO524 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Protein and fat are your friends.

This. Eating carbs makes me want to eat more carbs. Eating protein & fat makes me feel full.

Ditto that
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Sargento string cheese is my go-to snack. It's only 50 calorie per stick, and it's really easy to store in my purse. I have one around 4:00 at the office, it staves off the in-between lunch and dinner munchies and keeps my mind on my work.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Fish and seafood are low on calories and packed with protein which means you'll feel fuller for longer
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Okay, I just had time for a quick reply last time.

Some of my recent snacks include:
    - String cheese with an apple or clementine
    - Hard-boiled egg and apple, with or without almond butter
    - Cheese and crackers (nut thins), maybe with fruit
    - Cottage cheese with 1/2 banana and peanut butter
    - Veggies with ranch or hummus and some baked chicken breast
    - Greek yogurt with oats or granola, walnuts, strawberries

Love me some healthy fats!
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Apple and peanut butter, or like DrJenO, apple and string cheese. I also love yogurt with cheerios and walnuts.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    and my favorite of all EGGS :-D

^ THIS. I can make a frittata with half a green pepper, a small diced onion, a little celery, and 3 large eggs - total calories under 300 - and with a salad and maybe a slice of dry toast, I feel full the rest of the evening.
  • 197Kiki
    197Kiki Posts: 129
    Options
    Nice like that idea thanks!
  • 197Kiki
    197Kiki Posts: 129
    Options
    Sargento string cheese is my go-to snack. It's only 50 calorie per stick, and it's really easy to store in my purse. I have one around 4:00 at the office, it staves off the in-between lunch and dinner munchies and keeps my mind on my work.

Great Ideas thanks!!
  • SerenaMcD43
    SerenaMcD43 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I get drained tuna pouches or cans, they are only 70 calories but they are 18 grams of protein which fills you up. I alternate with Swanson's white chick breast in a can because you're not supposed to have tuna all of the time.

Basically anything with a lot of protein in it is what will keep you full. Or fiber.

Oh, my new favorite things are by Green Giant. They are in my diary.. they're called Just For One and they have cheesy rice with broccoli and it's only 60 calories for the whole tray! They're great for snacking. They also have cheesy cauliflower and cheesy broccoli plain.
  • SerenaMcD43
    Options

Why shouldnt you have tuna everyday? Just asking as I have this really frequently so wondered if it is because of a health thing. Thanks.
  • LassVegas
    LassVegas Posts: 35
    Options
    Roasted chickpeas.
    Mmmm.

Can I get more detail on this? What kind of package of chickpeas do you buy, what do you do with them and how do you roast them (in what kind of pan and for how long)? I'm all about the chickpea lately.
  • wickedpursuit
    wickedpursuit Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    SerenaMcD43: Tuna is mercurial. ... wait. No. I mean, it has a lot of mercury in it, so it's generally not a good idea to eat a lot. I think the most frequently touted recommendation is one 12oz. can a week, but that might have changed. The resources I've found are all on the older side, but this one should explain things pretty well: http://water.epa.gov/scitech/swguidance/fishshellfish/outreach/advice_index.cfm

On topic, I'll just repeat what everyone else said: protein and fat! Eggs and cheese for breakfast usually hang out forever for me. Snack-wise, cheese is pretty kind of awesome.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Poptarts, seriously. If I neglect my sweet tooth I end up eating more to try to satisfy that then I do if I just eat the food. Two poptarts are 400 calories, or you can just eat one for 200, or whatever you wanna do. Anyway, I eat these for breakfast every morning (at about 10-11) and don't feel hungry again until about 3-4.
  • meganspellman79
    Options
    Everyone on here has given you great ideas... Nuts, Especially almonds are a great snack. Eggs, Cottage cheese, and String cheese are my personal favorites. The one thing that you have to keep in mind though. Even though you are eating more fruits and vegetables, fruits are high in sugars (yes natural sugars), but sugars just the same. And depending on what kind of vegetables you are eating... They are full of mainly water, yes you do get vitamins and other nutrients from them, but you are really only going to get water from them which is why you are not staying full on them. Try some protein shakes as a snack. Protein is not only good for helping you stay full, but it also helps you when you are trying to lose weight but not your muscle. It's not going to make you "bulk" up, but it will help you not to lose the muscles that you have. Most people think that if the just diet and exercise it is the weight that they need to worry about and it kinda is, but you need to be more concerned with the inches that you are losing more than the weight. You burn more fat from your body when you have more lean muscle. :flowerforyou:
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    It could also have been that you haven't given the new way of eating enough time...your body and mind are still adjusting...
  • SerenaMcD43
    Options
    Thankyou Wickedpursuit. I will have to cut down on it.
  • wickedpursuit
    wickedpursuit Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    SerenaMcD43: I know the feeling. I used to do 1-2 cans a day (it's cheap protein and tasty, who wouldn't?) until someone pointed that out. I still eat it, but it's down to one can a week - and a lot of longing looks at the giant pile I still have in the cabinet. :(