Because thigh gaps: clarification

Options

Replies

• erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    The closer your thighs are together the closer you are to becoming a mermaid
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    show.gif
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    STOP POSTING DUDE. Seriously, it's just getting worse.

I can say what I please and I intend on doing so.

Yes, you can. And I'm going to keep thinking you are narrow minded, misogynistic, and not especially bright.
  • liftingheavy1
    Options

and to add some minute validity to your comment, I do not accept lesbianism as a valid sexual orientation, nor will i ever.But thats not what we were talking about here now was it?

Wait, wait. Hold the phone. Just out of morbid curiosity, how can you "not accept" a valid sexual orientation that you yourself are not capable of having?
    mkay. My position stands as do my statements.
    and to the cat lady above, I didnt delete that, the Mods did when they sent me an email about it.
    Need I make it clearer that I never meant to imply rape, or beter yet will ever have the need to force anyone to do anything, again?
    i have my reasons

Well, that is some solid logic you have there.

The only "Logical" explanation I have for all of this.

The mother of those beautiful kids in the background left him for a female (this explain the non acceptance)

Which he attempted to change from liking women (which he totally failed and will not try "again")

JMO
    Although false, and not on topic with the thread, you are entitled to your opinion(more like an assumption). and I accept it.

they are right it is a orientation a choice, but it is not natural they cannot procreate.

In nature, that may be one reason that animals turn to homosexuality. As a means of population control. So no, I don't think you can call it unnatural from a position of procreation.

Romans 1:25-27)
    25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

I don't see anything in there about procreation.

Genesis 1:28

And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

If God truly meant for every human to procreate, then there wouldn't be women in this world with fertility issues.

Seriously, I'm as Christian as the next person. But Jesus taught us to love in the name of God, not hate. If homosexuality is a sin in the eyes of God, then it will be God who judges for it. Jesus said let he who have NO sin cast the first stone. God hasn't given anyone on this earth the right to judge others with the exception of those who hold the title of judge.

Please stop using the words of the bible to justify your right to look down on others and feel superior to them and their lifestyles. Because that, my friend, is NOT biblical!

Luke 17:3

So watch what you do. "If your brother sins, tell him he is wrong. Then if he turns away from his sins, forgive him.

Proverbs 27:5
    Better is open rebuke than hidden love.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    That is entirely up to her. She is currently being raised by her mother, who is part of an extremely religious(messianic) family that does not see homosexuality/lesbianism as a way of life.
    I am not religious at all, one of those things where her beliefs are being imprented on them. Shes not even allowed to wear earrings.

You see your daughter, though. Believe it or not, fathers and their opinions are very important to little girls, and it can shape who they are. All I'm suggesting is that these opinions that you have shared here are not representative of a positive male role model in a girl's life.

I know I've particpated with the others in razzing you a bit. I get that maybe you didn't communicate your views very well, and haven't really meant harm, but I would suggest you think carefully about the things you say before you say them. Especially around your daughter. Best of luck! No hard feelings, I hope.

None taken, its the internet. that was the first time I saw them since their mother and I split. I can not see them because in her culture I am lving in sin having seperated from their mother. Her family and her insist i can only see them at church. Obviously until a judge proves otherwise.

Wow! That's really wrong. I hate to hear when a father is kept from his children. Good luck with that. I hope the courts rule in your favor.
    It is what it is and what it will be.

all I wanted to do was say, my bad.

I accept your apology. Though, like I said earlier, I totally missed your other thread. LOL!

Like someone else said though, be careful with what thoughts and opinions you share on the internet. Think carefully before you post.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

and to add some minute validity to your comment, I do not accept lesbianism as a valid sexual orientation, nor will i ever.But thats not what we were talking about here now was it?

Wait, wait. Hold the phone. Just out of morbid curiosity, how can you "not accept" a valid sexual orientation that you yourself are not capable of having?
    and to the cat lady above, I didnt delete that, the Mods did when they sent me an email about it.
    Need I make it clearer that I never meant to imply rape, or beter yet will ever have the need to force anyone to do anything, again?
    i have my reasons

The mother of those beautiful kids in the background left him for a female (this explain the non acceptance)

Which he attempted to change from liking women (which he totally failed and will not try "again")

JMO
    Although false, and not on topic with the thread, you are entitled to your opinion(more like an assumption). and I accept it.

they are right it is a orientation a choice, but it is not natural they cannot procreate.

In nature, that may be one reason that animals turn to homosexuality. As a means of population control. So no, I don't think you can call it unnatural from a position of procreation.

25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

I'm pretty sure that's talking about *kitten*.
  • HuggyBeahr
    HuggyBeahr Posts: 259
    Options
    That is entirely up to her. She is currently being raised by her mother, who is part of an extremely religious(messianic) family that does not see homosexuality/lesbianism as a way of life.
    I am not religious at all, one of those things where her beliefs are being imprented on them. Shes not even allowed to wear earrings.

You see your daughter, though. Believe it or not, fathers and their opinions are very important to little girls, and it can shape who they are. All I'm suggesting is that these opinions that you have shared here are not representative of a positive male role model in a girl's life.

I know I've particpated with the others in razzing you a bit. I get that maybe you didn't communicate your views very well, and haven't really meant harm, but I would suggest you think carefully about the things you say before you say them. Especially around your daughter. Best of luck! No hard feelings, I hope.

None taken, its the internet. that was the first time I saw them since their mother and I split. I can not see them because in her culture I am lving in sin having seperated from their mother. Her family and her insist i can only see them at church. Obviously until a judge proves otherwise.

Free benevolent advice: If you are presently in a custody battle, or any other ensnarement that requires you to go to court, I do not advise posting ANYTHING controversial on the internet. Nor do I advise posting pictures of or information about your relationship, or your children. The internet is NOT private, your posts CAN be held against you in a court of law.

Use your brain.

1.its okay.
    2. they are very well off, and I can not afford the legal battle at the moment..
    3. Having said that, they are religious, they are well off. Judge will rule in their favor 100%,
  • HuggyBeahr
    Options

LMAOOOO best thing ive read all day .!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

i have my reasons

JMO

And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

If God truly meant for every human to procreate, then there wouldn't be women in this world with fertility issues.

Seriously, I'm as Christian as the next person. But Jesus taught us to love in the name of God, not hate. If homosexuality is a sin in the eyes of God, then it will be God who judges for it. Jesus said let he who have NO sin cast the first stone. God hasn't given anyone on this earth the right to judge others with the exception of those who hold the title of judge.

Please stop using the words of the bible to justify your right to look down on others and feel superior to them and their lifestyles. Because that, my friend, is NOT biblical!

So watch what you do. "If your brother sins, tell him he is wrong. Then if he turns away from his sins, forgive him.

Well I am telling you that you are sinning by judging people and being a hypocrite. Are you going to stop now so that I can forgive you?

Probably not...
  • HuggyBeahr
    Options

Wow! That's really wrong. I hate to hear when a father is kept from his children. Good luck with that. I hope the courts rule in your favor.
    It is what it is and what it will be.

all I wanted to do was say, my bad.

I accept your apology. Though, like I said earlier, I totally missed your other thread. LOL!

Like someone else said though, be careful with what thoughts and opinions you share on the internet. Think carefully before you post.

yep. Ill try.
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

i have my reasons

JMO

"Hope, faith and love.... but the greatest of these is love" I can't provide a specific scripture as I'm quoting from memory... but there ya go, there's bible verses out there that refute the bible verses you're using to attempt to bash people.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Wow. Such clusterfuq. A seedy mixture of body shaming, rape promotion, denial of things that are seen in nature as unnatural because of religion (Which is decidedly unnatural), and a partridge in a pair tree.

*popcorn*

Mind if I snuggle in as we watch?

stock-footage-young-couple-on-couch-with-popcorn-watching-tv.jpg

I will bite if I feel like you're eating more than your share of the popcorn.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options

Omg.
    I'm almost a mermaid....

Yay!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

i have my reasons

Good argument...well presented!
  • liftingheavy1
    Options

i have my reasons

JMO

Well I am telling you that you are sinning by judging people and being a hypocrite. Are you going to stop now so that I can forgive you?

Probably not...
    I cant judge you only god can, but what I can tell you is that is his words not mine.
  • JackieRL55
    JackieRL55 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Wow. Such clusterfuq. A seedy mixture of body shaming, rape promotion, denial of things that are seen in nature as unnatural because of religion (Which is decidedly unnatural), and a partridge in a pair tree.

*popcorn*

Umm can I have some? This is getting good. LOL
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Interstingly enough, the Post that was suspected of body shaming got so much action in seconds. Yet this post gives some clarification includes an apology, and no one says a damn thing. cool.

I think it had a lot to do with the word "Repulsive" in your OP. Nor did you clarify that those who are genetically prone to a thigh gap were exempt from your distaste!!

This new OP I agree - striving for a thigh gap by use of unhealthy methods is sad really!! Please dont lump Most women into this trend.

"women on this site seem to STRIVE for the gap...." It seems to be more of a trend with some of the younger girls (late teens/ younger 20's) - I do hope those who seek a thigh gap via unhealthy methods snap out of it quickly!!!

This ^^

Calling a body shape repulsive sounds like shaming to me. At best it was a horrible choice of words. You can't really tell by looking at someone how they got the gap. And even if they did it by methods that don't meet your approval, calling their body choice replusive still sounds pretty bad.

I have no idea of the number of women on MFP who strive for a thigh gap, but I'm on these boards a lot and don't see it as a goal often.
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options

Omg.
    I'm almost a mermaid....
    Yay!

I AM A MERMAID!!!!!!! Maybe I should start in corporations more swimming workouts?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

*popcorn*

Umm can I have some? This is getting good. LOL

Popcorn for everybody!

Except the OP and that other person. You all know which one I'm talking about.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Oh dear. Glad I am not easily offended.
This discussion has been closed.