30 Day Shred!

Options
mdove3411
mdove3411 Posts: 121 Member
Hello everyone! I have a question for anyone who has completed 30 day shred. How much weight did you lose from doing it? Also, were you eating clean or just doing the video? I am thinking of starting it tomorrow & was wanting to know everyone's experience with it.

Replies

• chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I just finished last week.

I lost 12 pounds total.
    I did the workout Mon-Fri mornings before work, so I did 2 work weeks of each level (6 weeks to complete)I didn't change my eating habits until about level 2, but wasn't crazy strict with food.

I ended up losing inches all over (even noticed my fingers got smaller!). The most notable result for me was losing about 2" off each thigh. It's a huge problem area for me, so that was pretty awesome!

Good luck and have fun with it!
  • mdove3411
    Options

I lost 12 pounds total.
    I did the workout Mon-Fri mornings before work, so I did 2 work weeks of each level (6 weeks to complete)I didn't change my eating habits until about level 2, but wasn't crazy strict with food.

I ended up losing inches all over (even noticed my fingers got smaller!). The most notable result for me was losing about 2" off each thigh. It's a huge problem area for me, so that was pretty awesome!

That's great! Do you mind me asking how much you weighed when you started?
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I started at 184, finished at 172.
  • mdove3411
    Options
    I started at 184, finished at 172.
    Thank you!
  • smkean
    smkean Posts: 132
    Options
    I'm doing it for day's I can't make it to the gym. It's ok, nothing to extreme or painful, I did a phase 2 tonight, ( i hurt my ankle yesterday and wanna take it easy) I burned over 200 cals.
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    The 30 DS is awesome ! It shapes your body in all the right places. Jillian's workouts are effective and don't require as much time as "phoning in at the gym" . ...I did the 30DS amongst others and lost 50 lbs and inches. I went from a size 13 to a size 5....My husband last year lost 10lbs doing it for 30 days with me. Also did rRipped in 30, and now starting with Body Revolution. Listen to Jilluan. She is a good motivational speaker and she is right in saying....it's only 25 mins.... Give it your all....and by giving it your all each day you'll achieve the results you desire.
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    This is my second time doing it...currently on day 7 of level 1...Last time i remembered i didn't lose that much weight but was very shocked how toned everything got...if you do this plus 2-3 x's cardio...like running, elliptical, walking and eat healthy you will see a huge difference in weight and overall size. Make sure to take before and after pictures...and really don't focus on the scale...you will be putting on muscle and plus your body will hold water to compensate for what your doing to it! Feel free to add me if you like! It's a fun work out!
  • Jossies01
    Jossies01 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 3 day 9!! I haven't weighed or measured myself since starting level 3. I did measure at the end of level 2 and lost an overall 12.5 inches. I also notice less cellulite on my thighs plus I have muscle on my arms, thighs and abs. So awesome!! I use a HRM and burn around 400cals per session. I am on a 1200cal diet and try to eat back all of my calories.
  • Taylorxxlynne
    Taylorxxlynne Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I just finished Friday and I lost 7 pounds. On level 1 and 2 I was only doing the workout and was eating back my exercise calories. I was only supposed to eat 1200 calories at that time, but than started eating 1700 to sometimes 2000 calories. The reason why I ate so much was because I also put in my exercise diary of how long I walked at my work. I was seeing results on level 1 and half of level 2, but than I started gaining weight. So I switched to eating 1500 calories (which MFP gave me so I can lose 1 1/2 lbs a week) on Level 3 and made sure not to eat back my exercise calories. Started to see results again! And also on level 3 I started doing Zumba Rush and The Firm Abs Sculpt afterwards. And towards the end I started doing every other day Zumba Rush and on the other days do The Firm Abs Sculpt.
    Its a great DVD! I loved it! And now I'm on Ripped in 30, just started today. I'm loving it so far!
  • dominicaisthebest1
    dominicaisthebest1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    my daily allowance is like 1800 but I cant see myself eating more to burn to equal that that means id have to eat like 2500 cals! im scared ill gain that way what do you think?
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I lost 6 pounds and I was also doing the calorie counting thing.

I go so much stronger though. I needed so many modifications in the beginning. I could not do one single modified push up. I could not get through the 2 minutes of cardio. I used the smallest weights i could find. I'm doing it a second time and it is just amazing how much better I am at it now. There is still miles of room for improvement of course but it is motivating for me to see that change. Just as motivating as the weight - which didn't change all that much and I didn't loose any inches either. I did two weeks of Ripped in 30, which was to hard for me so i quit, and am doing the 30DS again - will try the ripped in 30 again after that !
  • Taylorxxlynne
    Taylorxxlynne Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    my daily allowance is like 1800 but I cant see myself eating more to burn to equal that that means id have to eat like 2500 cals! im scared ill gain that way what do you think?
    Not sure if you were talking to me or not, but I'm answering anyway haha.
    Well I'm not sure what your weight is and what goal you set for yourself (lose 1 pound a week/2 pounds a week/etc.) but I see you only need to lose 25 pounds, so I think 1800 calories may be a bit too high. You may lose 1/2 a pound a week and a half though so that is still very healthy. Just takes patience. Also depends on your exercise too. If you are doing intense exercises 5-6 days a week you may lose 1/2 pound a week. If I were you I would stay away from that 2500, because you're right: you would gain.

In conclusion, 1800 calories is still healthy, just be very patient. It'll take longer (still depends on your weight)
  • mdove3411
    Options

I lost 12 pounds total.

I wanted to ask you what size weights did you use?
  • mdove3411
    Options
    Bounce4 wrote: »
    I lost 6 pounds and I was also doing the calorie counting thing.

I go so much stronger though. I needed so many modifications in the beginning. I could not do one single modified push up. I could not get through the 2 minutes of cardio. I used the smallest weights i could find. I'm doing it a second time and it is just amazing how much better I am at it now. There is still miles of room for improvement of course but it is motivating for me to see that change. Just as motivating as the weight - which didn't change all that much and I didn't loose any inches either. I did two weeks of Ripped in 30, which was to hard for me so i quit, and am doing the 30DS again - will try the ripped in 30 again after that !

Do you mind me asking how much you weighed when you started?
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    I lost normally but definitely became more toned! I use 8-10 pound weights.

Overall, I find that I have been most successful when I do the following exercises daily (with 1-2 rest days per week as needed): 30-45 min. on the elliptical, doing a jillian michaels or biggest loser video, and taking my pup on a 30 min. walk.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    ive done 2 rounds and I can say don't worry too much on lbs I lost maybe 5 -7lbs but ive lost 3 dress sizes mainly due to tightening up doing the shred.
  • maggierenee88
    maggierenee88 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I think I lost about 10lbs. I was a bit bigger then, so it was easier. I've done 30 day shred a few times since. I really love the intervals, and Jillian keeps me on track. All her DVD's are awesome though. I love love no more trouble zones!!
  • dejareedubose
    dejareedubose Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Im thinking of starting it soon so let me know how It goes for you
  • rachelchase40
    rachelchase40 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
  • mariaoutlook
    Options
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!