What are some rewards you have set for yourself?

Options

Replies

• RobinAlexader
    RobinAlexader Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    In 30 more pounds I can finally get that tattoo i've been wanting for a while now. :)

And once I finally hit my ultimate goal weight I want to have the amount of pounds i've lost (which will be 147) tattoo in roman numerals some where on my body.
  • Karissa_Clohan
    Karissa_Clohan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thankfully mine is on board with it. Last time I lost to 189 pounds and an A cup bra was way too big for me.... I don't have a number really in mind for my "end goal" but I'm thinking it will be around 160ish.. So I expect it will be much worse..

And congratulations! That IS exciting! :)

My husband and I were just having that conversation tonight. I feel we should wait until I reach a healthier weight in hope that we won't keep having multiple miscarriages. But he doesn't want to wait...

Thank you! :D And I'm hoping for lots of babydust for you as soon as you need it!
    I would love to start trying right away, but I want to be as healthy as possible for myself and my child. We're only going to have one, so I want to make sure I'm in a good place for a healthy, happy pregnancy :)
    My end goal is really whenever I reach a healthy BMI, feel good about myself, and have learned an appropriate amount of self control.
  • Karissa_Clohan
    Options
    I'm still deciding but I think I'll get a new haircut at goal weight. When I hit my goal weight, maintain it, and continue to exercise regularly - then I'm getting a tattoo. I'm gonna plan that for spring/summer 2015. Thinking about something similar to this. http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/84/9c/04/849c045f79a04d188c0de4cc94459bf7.jpg

Oh my, that is beautiful! :D
  • Karissa_Clohan
    Options
    My reward for breaking 250 was finally taking a comped helicopter ride wihtout having to worry about the "fat surcharge". I got lucky... not only did I get that, but the same week was our company zip-line party and I didn't have to make an excuse not to attend.

That sort of stuff feels freaking radical, right?! Congratulations!

My fist non-scale victory was when I could place my hands on my hips and not feel a gross fat roll leaning from my back. (Sorry about the mental image, guys.)
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    the single reward I set was returning to maintenance Cals+ after achieving my overall weight loss/ bf goal! Room for that dessert now practically every day without any kind of penalty! : )
  • fierydeluge
    Options
    I get rewards for every 10lbs I knock-off my weight. Next reward would be Butao broth with squid ink

Black-King.jpg
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    There is no end-goal. And the journey is the reward. When you get there, you'll find that that is the reward.

Jesus Christ.

Please go.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    There is no end-goal. And the journey is the reward. When you get there, you'll find that that is the reward.

Jesus Christ.

Please go.

Ouch, harsh lol.

I usually buy whatever I currently want, get a new shirt/workout leggings, or eat pizza. :bigsmile:
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

Jesus Christ.

Please go.

Ouch, harsh lol.

I usually buy whatever I currently want, get a new shirt/workout leggings, or eat pizza. :bigsmile:

Why not still eat pizza now... And count that within the calories? O.o
  • rollng_thundr
    rollng_thundr Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I get rewards for every 10lbs I knock-off my weight. Next reward would be Butao broth with squid ink

Black-King.jpg

Sorry.. that looks like something I drained from the kitchen sink trap.... no bueno.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

Black-King.jpg

Sorry.. that looks like something I drained from the kitchen sink trap.... no bueno.
    Thank you for saying it for me.. I didn't have the heart.....
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    This time I have no mini goals or rewards, but when I get to my goal weight and I am happy with how I look, I plan to have some boudoir style photos made of myself. I always wanted to do that... And is a very good visual reminder of I can look!
  • Rosie_McA
    Rosie_McA Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I've deliberately steered clear of intermediate treats and am avoiding clothes and food rewards. I'm currently planning for a relaxing two weeks away somewhere warm if I can stay on track until the summer.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

Jesus Christ.

Please go.

Ouch, harsh lol.

Why not still eat pizza now... And count that within the calories? O.o

I do but when I'm rewarding myself I do so without guilt lol. I work at a pizza restaurant so I eat pizza a little more often than I'd like to.
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    When I hit my goal weight Dec 12 I went crazy shopping at Victoria secret online ... New bikinis etc all beautiful,

Hey I might just have another shop :blushing:
  • Karissa_Clohan
    Options

Jesus Christ.

Please go.

Sorry bro. Motivating until the end. Public forum and all. Sorry you can't understand intrinsic value.

Just remember that our journey to fitness isn't a "one size fits all" sort of deal :) What motivates me might now motivate you, and vise versa.

I get your point, though. The "wow, I did it" is worth much more than any sort of material reward, but it's not necessarily a ''bad'' thing to have material rewards, too. The way I see it is, if someone has found a safe way to get them into a healthier lifestyle - then they did it right.

I'm not really following the whole "no end-goal" thing :s Optimal health is my end goal, and after I reach it - then my goal will change from obtaining to maintaining, you know? It's almost like a check point, I guess.

If you mean that changing your lifestyle is a permanent ordeal, then I 100% agree with you! I have so many friends who will set a goal to lose 10 pounds, lose it, then go right back to being couch potatoes and eating junk. While it is a lifetime commitment, it won't always feel this tedious. I kind of envision it, for myself, as an uphill battle until I reach my goal - then it turns into flat land with a few hills now and then. It's definitely not an uphill/downhill thing, but I don't see maintenance as being as difficult as what I'm going through right now. So, my "end-goal" would be the very top of the hill. Does that make sense?

Anyway - it's super awesome that you put forth the effort to motivate others! There are many members on MFP (including myself, oops) who spend a great part of their time on this site logging things, chatting with friends, then going on about our lives. You, kind sir, take the time to hit the forums and make others feel like this is all worth it. People like you are awesome and I value you guys to no end. Thanks :)
  • NoMoreStretchyPants
    Options
    So many things I want once I get to goal but short term - it's a pair of shoes I am going to reward myself with. :bigsmile: Those delicious red Manolo Blahnik Mary Jane shoes that Margot's character wore in the movie 'Wolf of Wall Street' will be mine!:love:

29zo705.jpg
  • twistyshakes
    twistyshakes Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Black-King.jpg

Thank you for saying it for me.. I didn't have the heart.....
    This.
    Just couldn't muster up the courage to say it.

I'll reward myself by buying new pants! :happy:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    As I first started out, I was doing fitness related rewards such as athletic pants, glow-in-the-dark basketball, a nice jump rope, etc. But for me that was a bit silly because 99% of my exercise is walking, hiking, or biking with my husband and we have all of the necessary items for that.

When I reached onederland, a huge milestone for me, I treated myself to all new makeup and a Lucite countertop organizer to store it in. That kinda backfired because I wound up disliking most of the slightly pricey makeup and prefer the cheaper brands I was using before LOL. But it was still a fun reward that reminds me every day of my accomplishment :-)

At this point, I am starting to see an increase in how quickly I "need" new clothing...for example, going from size 18 to 16 took several months but I've only been in 14 for a little while and it looks like I need to start checking out 12-13s. So for now I think my 'reward' will be clothes...as in, not feeling too guilty about the frequency with which I replace items, shopping, etc.

I've also been wanting to go on roller coasters for ages but for years I was afraid about not fitting. Now that I know I'll fit, I planned to treat my husband and I to a nearby amusement park...but it turned out that we both got free admission for the whole season :-) So we'll do that very soon!