What are you having for dinner tonight?

Options
I always prep my breakfast and lunches for the week but space when it comes to ideas for dinner. What do y'all prep for dinner?

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Red Baron pepperoni pizza >.> Momma no want to cook lol
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Monday night I had homemade Swedish meatballs on whole wheat pasta with roasted endives ~400 calories.

Last night I had parmesean crusted chicken thighs and caramelized Fennel ~500 calories total.

Tonight I am having putanesca on whole wheat pasta and I think it will be similarly caloric (maybe a lot less).

My boyfriend and I make everything from scratch. Last night was our own recipe, but a lot of the time we take a recipe from the internet and modify it to be less calories, then weigh out the portion. For example, regular swedish meatball sauce is made with cream cheese, sour cream and beef stock. We made ours with plain greek yogurt, chicken stock, dill, cornstach, etc.

It's mostly just him doing the work because he enjoys cooking, but I help some with the prep and I do the math/recipe logging on MFP.
  • kpchefai
    kpchefai Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Beef Stew tonight!
  • Jenjenthejetplane1
    Jenjenthejetplane1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Using the crock pot is very helpful, you can make prepacked bags of stuff and store it in the freezer and just pop it in the crock pot all day. Or just throw some stuff together in the morning before you leave for the day and when you come home its finished!

dashingdish.com has tons of recipes for using the crock pot.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    We're having Grilled Chicken Salad for dinner tonight

I pan grill the chicken breasts w/Ground Black Pepper and just a touch of Margarine to keep it from getting dry, sear it, pop in the oven covered on 350 for 10 - 15 mins to continue cooking the inside of the chicken

Cucumber/Tomato Pieces
    Hard Boiled Eggs
    Bacon Bits
    Croutons
    Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
    And a Piece of French Bread to finish, it's roughly 573 Calories for the whole meal and keeps me full!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Pork tenderloin marinaded in McCormick's Zesty Herb (packet), stove top stuffing and green beans.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Bacon cheeseburgers and oven fries with roasted veggies.
  • faithxox
    faithxox Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bacon cheesburgers, do you have a healthy recipe for those, sounds delish!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Bacon cheesburgers, do you have a healthy recipe for those, sounds delish!

Ground Beef (I use 80/20), cheese and bacon. I make it fit my day. :wink: :smile:
    I usually use a sandwich thin for a bun as a preference and they are less cals than a traditional bun.
    Probably ice cream for dessert with my daughter.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Stuffed cabbage soup, garlic grilled chicken breast & roasted brussels sprouts.

I'm slightly obsessed with cooking. And the head of cabbage & bag of sprouts in the fridge have been giving me weird looks this week.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    gelato
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Steak. I'm not sure what else, but there will be steak.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Steak, sweet potato, green beans with bacon, ice cream with peanut butter and chocolate chips.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Bacon cheesburgers, do you have a healthy recipe for those

what.gif.gif
  • ExpectantHope
    ExpectantHope Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Tonight is vegetable and bean chilli with coriander rice :)
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Dry sauteed prawns and veg stirred through pasta with salad. Followed by 50:50 yoghurt/creme fraiche with some grapes added
  • RevWirth
    RevWirth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Panda Express mixed veggies and Shanghai Angus Beef, 220 calories. Usually cook at home but hubs is out of town.
  • Goofyrunnergirl
    Options
    Paleo Chicken Tenders (http://www.thepaleomom.com/2012/01/recipe-paleo-chicken-fingers.html) with roasted cauliflower, and a piece of Chocolatier Blue chocolate for dessert!
  • asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    3 nights a week (including today!) I'm not at home so I have to bring my lunch/dinner with me. Today is salad: romaine lettuce mix, shredded carrots, broccoli, grilled chicken, cheddar cheese, and a balsamic vinaigrette. I wanted to add tomato and a turkey and swiss sandwich, but I didn't have time this morning :) I have a nectarine and some unsweetened applesauce too.

A bacon cheeseburger does sound good, though. Yum.
  • Mof3wc
    Mof3wc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Pork loin in the slowcooker, with a big salad and.....rice if my husband wants it.