What is your Evil food?

Options
13»

Replies

• Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Foods that mess up you marcos, overextend your calorie goal, and make you binge like a ravenous pig without any control?

Ribeye steaks, Snickers, Ben and Jerry's ice cream, Krispy Kreme donuts, Synder's honey mustard pretzels, Jiff natural peanut butter.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    No foods are evil. You can have anything in moderation imo. The only foods I will "demonize" are the ones I'm allergic to and can kill me :grumble:

Good grief, the woman is obviously talking about trigger foods. I'm sure she doesn't really think cheese is "evil". Some people do have incredible difficulties managing particular foods, even when they've wrest control over their overall diet. Not everyone successfully eats every single food under the sun "in moderation". Some people do come to the realization that, for examples, they have such a hard time eating just one Oreo that it's best they severely limit them, if not all together eliminate them.

so you can't have an opinion that no food is "evil" and moderation is key? wow….
  • Zoocachoo
    Zoocachoo Posts: 23
    Options
    No foods are evil. You can have anything in moderation imo. The only foods I will "demonize" are the ones I'm allergic to and can kill me :grumble:

Good grief, the woman is obviously talking about trigger foods. I'm sure she doesn't really think cheese is "evil". Some people do have incredible difficulties managing particular foods, even when they've wrest control over their overall diet. Not everyone successfully eats every single food under the sun "in moderation". Some people do come to the realization that, for examples, they have such a hard time eating just one Oreo that it's best they severely limit them, if not all together eliminate them.

so you can't have an opinion that no food is "evil" and moderation is key? wow….

This has already been covered, everyone is entitled to there opinion, word have been exchanged, people have explained themselves. Done yeah?
  • Zoocachoo
    Zoocachoo Posts: 23
    Options
    It's really refreshing to hear that people struggle as much as I do but have ways around it. Thanks for the inspiration, this site is helping me so much. Finally in control :)
  • Dreebb91
    Dreebb91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i guess it's a controversial topic ! lol. chips cookies sweets or anything salty.. i love sodium :( sad but portions is where its at,
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Cheese... the older and stronger the better.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Well, I DO have an EVIL food.

Burger King onion rings.

If I eat a few of those, a hazmat team is dispatched to my house to monitor the air quality.
    And plumbing.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    ***EDIT - Evil was a poor word choice, I meant trigger.
    It's like I'm a cheese junky.

Baked goods (bread, croissants, buns) - all make me feel bloated, tired, gassy & sluggish

Sugary sweets and chocolate - which = zits a day or two after

Nuts - along with the chocolate above = cold sores

And pasta - which isn't really a trigger food but I always get bloated and fall asleep within 30mins of eating it! :grumble:

I just try not to bring them into the house.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Wheat, potato and rice are my Kryptonite foods. I can handle all other food and portion it appropriately. Eating all things in moderation just doesn't work for me, it is best not to touch my 3 Kryptonite foods. When I don't eat them ,I don't even think about them. If I have a small amount I will crave them for at least the next 12-24 hours. It just isn't worth the hassle.
  • jmath911
    jmath911 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTER. I can use moderation with everything else but that jar calls to me from the pantry until it is gone.
  • madDino27
    madDino27 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My trigger food is any food that I really enjoy that my husband also enjoys. If we get a box of chocolates I'll feel this urge to eat all of them before he can. Or brownies! It's not fun when I'm stuck to max two brownies per day, but by the next day the whole pan is gone. He ate all my brownies!!! And they were goopey and warm and delicious and I wanted more!

That being said I can normally control myself when I feel like my food isn't going to cheat on me.
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Not really any trigger foods, wouldn't have believed I didn't have any before I started eating well as I used to binge a lot. I find certain foods aren't necessarily triggers, but if I haven't slept enough I tend to crave the higher calories/lower nutrient foods a lot more, and the other trigger is if I I'm sitting beside "junk foods" I have a hard time moderating it, so if I want something like chocolate or candy or chips, whatever, I usually will buy individual bags or get myself a serving and put the rest away, otherwise it's too easy to mindlessly eat.
  • snappled
    snappled Posts: 48
    Options
    I can not drink soda. Its been years since ive drank it. If I drink it it will be along time,years, before i stop again.
    Things with salt i love,too
  • zoquo
    zoquo Posts: 75
    Options
    I am gluten and lactose intolerant, so I avoid them, but they are fine for other people. No food is evil, as food really can't have a consciousness to plot to do harm to you. We choose whether or not to eat in moderation. If I do choose to eat a lot of one food, and go over my calorie goals, it's usually something like the special pizza my husband makes for me with gluten-free crust and non-dairy cheese, or some nice saucy chicken wings. But it's only one day, and I know that's not going to make me gain weight.

Hahaha love how people take the word evil literally. "No food is evil, as food really can't have a consciousness to plot or do harm". Well done for changing the topic into one about semantics hahaha

Peace