what are your favorite "diet" foods/products?

Options
2»

Replies

• ksheeler13
    ksheeler13 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    wow

I have stopped eating any of the fake sugar. It is really bad for you and it makes you crave more food after. A friend explained how it would make my body hold the wt. I have lost 5 pounds since I eat really sugar.
    I would say to eat more natural sugars
    apples
    carrot
    I also have discovered lassi- and indian frozen yogert so good!!
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    wow

I have stopped eating any of the fake sugar. It is really bad for you and it makes you crave more food after. A friend explained how it would make my body hold the wt. I have lost 5 pounds since I eat really sugar.
    apples
    carrot

Artificial sweeteners do not make you gain weight.

People tend to feel "safe" with artificially sweetened food, and eat more of it not realizing that just because there is no sugar, doesn't mean the calories in those foods magically disappear.

And any kind of dangerous effects of artificial sweeteners are in reference to obscenely large amounts ingested, nowhere near the typical level that people use.
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I like the almond milk and the fudgepops you listed. I also like tea with sweet'n low and almonds for snacking. I don't do any low-fat stuff.
  • goldenrodfarm
    goldenrodfarm Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love celery (high in sodium so try not to eat too much) raw carrots, and red or yellow peppers for snacks .I love to slice up an apple and cut one serving of cheddar and eat my apple with a small piece of cheese yum! I air pop my popcorn so it is not fat laden, always been a popcorn junkie but not the microwave stuff or the cook in oil, just don't like the taste. I find a lot of my recipes are fairly low in calories, like I make pepper steak with chicken instead of beef and red peppers, with just 8 oz of chicken and lots of peppers and onions it is only a 119 calories for a serving but I do serve it with rice (1/3 cup measured raw) so the total is 322 calories. I also make a childhood favorate, Pork chops in tomato olive sauce but with chicken, that cuts it down to about 174 calories and I always make a small baked potato and put the tomato olive sauce on it. The best part is that I make 4 servings when I cook and freeze 3 of them so I have quick delicious meals that are not junk.
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    wow

apples
    carrot

Artificial sweeteners do not make you gain weight.

People tend to feel "safe" with artificially sweetened food, and eat more of it not realizing that just because there is no sugar, doesn't mean the calories in those foods magically disappear.

And any kind of dangerous effects of artificial sweeteners are in reference to obscenely large amounts ingested, nowhere near the typical level that people use.

True artificial sweeteners do NOT make you gain weight. They don't kill you either! It does make calories disappear in most cases though. That's why diet coke has no calories . The only thing I've noticed that does not have lower calories in the sugar free version is chocolate.

Answering the original question:

Vitatops (microwaved)
    Special K red berries
    South beach peanut butter bars
    Pb 2
    Spaghetti squash with marinara sauce