MFP Runner's Club 8/7

Options
13»

Replies

• StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Banks... So glad to hear about your offer on the house. Can't wait for it to sink in I bet. That is awsome.:drinker:
    And thank you for letting me know there is an Etiquette for the slower runners to go to the side. I haven't run in a run yet, but I plan to some day soon I hope and I would not have known that. Maybe someone would have told me, but I am pretty much the only person I really know who runs, so unless I made some one mad and had them yell at me.....:cry:

Lauryn, Great job on the getting out there. Sounds like just the right ticket to get started. I keep trying to tell the guy next door who thinks he will die if he tries to run because of Asthma, but I know if he took it slow to start that it would actually help in the end. Good job and you will be running farther in no time at all!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I ran today!! The last real time I ran was high school gym class where, thanks to strep throat and asthma, I collapsed into a heap on the floor.

A few weeks ago I did 4 minutes walking followed by 1 minute running, repeated sequence 4 times.

Today, I ran 3x 1 minute intervals outdoors, the last run up a super steep hill.

While the rest of you are running marathons, I'm just as excited that I actually RAN today at all!

SUPER YAY! :bigsmile:

Yay for You :drinker: I also am a run/walker who is becoming a runner. We are emergent runners I guess you would say :laugh: Every little bit of progress is so exciting! I'll look forward to your posts.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the wonderful support guys! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Even in the midst of my crummy day, this brought a huge smile to my face! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: