What do you see in the mirror - Fat or Thin person?

Options

Replies

• Monty_P
    Monty_P Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I see something hideous when I look in the mirror.
  • ironrat79
    ironrat79 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I see a work in progress
  • FckUrExcuses
    Options
    Thin, but also a lot of work that needs to be done!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    What I (choose to) see in the mirror: a happy, intelligent, skilled, strong, resilient, and beautiful woman.
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It's hard to change the way we see ourselves even after we lose the weight. That's the real battle.

I have been a roller coaster dieter for my entire adult life. I see myself as over weight when I look in the mirror. I know I have big hips and thighs. I know my butt still looks big.

Friend/family say I look good after losing weight but I still see work to be done.
  • MarKayDee
    MarKayDee Posts: 196
    Options
    I've never seen anything but a fat girl in the mirror, when I was 18 and weighed virtually nothing I only saw fat. I don't know that I'll ever see anything other than a fat girl.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Do you generally see yourself as really fat and disgusting or do you think you look okay and are okay with what you see in the mirror?

It doesn't matter what weight I'm at, somedays the reflection is fat and disgusting and some days she's hot as he**. It's all about my mood and it's been this way all my life.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Uncomfortable subject...

I have good days and bad days. Good days I see myself as curvy and I'm happy with just being a chunky person. Other days I see the fat on my legs jiggle and my stomch puff out and I hate what I see. Reality hits whenever I see a photo of myself side on. From the front I can diguise most of my flaws, but side on I can see my chubby face, almost double chin and thick arms. I also hate how my *kitten* sticks out like a shelf when I walk, and my posture tips forward...it does me no favours.

Well that was depressing.

Depressing maybe, but I can relate and I am glad you shared this. I think it is important to be real with the good and bad!

I have days when I'm naked in the bathroom in the morning thinking, "Holy hell, have I made a mistake in losing the weight?" because of the loose skin on my belly, inner thighs, and upper arms. It's not attractive, period.

But then I have (more) days when I happen to catch myself in a mirror and my legs and bum look pretty darn good, and unrecognizable, or when I try on a dress and the way it skims my curves makes me look like my belly is flat. Or I have been exercising and my skin looks good and my t-shirt is clinging, but doesn't look gross like it did in the past. Those moments make it totally worth it.
  • judymoving
    Options
    I didn't mean this to be a depressing subject.
    It is about self perception and do you feel more motivated when you look in the mirror feeling ugly or beautiful.

We all "see" ourselves differently. And that opinion of ourselves often changes with or without weight gain.

It is a truth in the real sense of who am I projecting to the world, vs what do I see in myself.

I thought the counter post of tell me three things you love about yourself was a nice complementary post.

Judi
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    i saw a thin but curvy person, until i saw the pics from christmas. kicked my butt into high gear. now i see the fat, but i can see where im getting smaller too. and my face doesnt look so heavy.
  • krwilson05
    krwilson05 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ive always been a Debbie downer when it comes to myself. I can wake up in the morning and feel great and look in the mirror and go straight to feeling yuk..
  • dreams4sale
    Options
    I see a beautiful strong woman with some curves in all the right places.

Can I have your mirror?
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    It depends, sometimes I will catch a reflection of myself and think"who is that" and then realize the thinnish person is me.
    But for the most part I still see the me that was 40+ pounds heavier. Especially naked. I see me, the big me.
    People tell me I look way different, but in my mind it is just them "being nice" and humoring the fat girl.
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I've always seen a fat person in the mirror no matter how much I lose
    And I can never tell a difference as I go along.... Even if everyone else can I still can't.
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I see me, myself, Jen. I'm not a fat person. I have fat on me, which I will lose. I see the muscles that I've been working hard on. I see someone who trains regularly, but still has progress to make. Sure, I still see some of the fat that I have to lose, But I don't see a fat person.

Some days I look better, maybe I've remembered to brush my hair, or I've made an effort to dress better that just grabbing the next clean things out of the cupboard. But as I've got smaller and fitter, I see a person that can run, lift heavy stuff, cooks, is competent at her job, confident, etc...
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    You name the body part, I'll tell you why it looks fat.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    It has never mattered what I weighed...I look in the mirror and see a strong beautiful women with curves of a women who has been through child birth, military duty and life in general...

The size of my waist has never figured into what I see when I look in the mirror.
  • andreyadonna
    Options
    I have thin person in a shell issues. In my mind, I am a vixen. I literally walked off set of a pinup photo shoot and I am sexy as hell. And, depending on the outfit/day/TOM, I feel that way even when I see pictures of me big. But that's always been the disconnect. I see pictures of big me and I'm sort of startled. But not impressed, because that's not me. I'm sexy. reconciling that notion is what helped me get to be ready to leave the fat behind.
  • FitnessLover001
    FitnessLover001 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I see someone that is proud of overcoming some struggles, and sees her body coming together, but still has a long way to go. It's a forever thing
  • theislander010
    Options
    If i am honest... i think i am one of those people that... no matter how much weight i lose, i will still think i am fat.. i weigh 125lbs at the moment but still have a flabby belly that hangs over my trousers and makes me feel crap about myself... *sadface*