Motivated 5K/half marathoners?

Options
I'm looking to add friends who are dedicated runners. I just got into running 2 months ago, and have already knocked my 5K time down to 24:40 after starting at 34 minutes back in January. I'm looking to add friends who are also runners whose daily activities I can follow. If you are a runner and daily MFP user, please add me!

Replies

• liljen69
    liljen69 Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm a runner. A slow runner. I'm not sure about the daily MFP user part though. I just joined yesterday and haven't learned my way around quite yet.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    running is awesome. i hate it.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I've just recently found my love for running. I'm in the middle of the 10k trainer app... just about to the point of being able to run a 5k straight through, not very fast though yet! I'm a daily MFP user!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Well, when I was in the army, I ran frequently... Got out of hte military, got lazy and fat. I recently started the C25K program, because I love running as long as no one is telling me I HAVE to do it... I log daily, but am just starting my running program (3 weeks in, though took most of this week off due to a tummy bug, weather and a disdain for running on a treadmill). You're welcome to add me, if that's 'runner' enough for you. :) I'm planning on running the 'foam fest' in Baltimore this July.
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I've just started a group for runners interested in improving their 5K times -- why not join up?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/20559-run-faster-5ks
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner! I ran my first 3 races last year, a 10k, 4 miler, and 5k. I just signed up for my first two races of the season, and I'm looking to improve my times... and maybe potentially place? :smile:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Re-dedicated runner here, feel free to add me. Good run days and bad run days like everyone else :)
  • anj1030
    anj1030 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I love running so much that I hate it! I'm an addict...and I don't care! Feel free to add me!!!! (I also do triathlons...welcome to the madness!!!)
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    5 time marathoner right here!
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    I think i'm running!!! feel free to add me
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Daily user and a runner. So far I've got 3 5ks under my belt this year. Completed 12 in 2012. Goal is to complete a half at some point. Not a speedy runner but super motivated.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I've been running every day since last August just for the sake of being able to convince some doctors that i'm doing everything possible to be as healthy as necessary for them to agree to take my kidney....That way when my blood pressure was up I could say ''look, I'm doing everything you medical types say to do with high blood pressure....can't say I'm not trying!"

Anyhoo, I'm up to just about 18k at a pop now....I'm nowhere near as fast as you, though. I did 17.9 in about an hour and 35 a few weeks ago. I'm not a marathoner, though. I don't have the kind of money to throw down on registering for a race when I could just walk out my door any day of the week and run that distance if I wanted to.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I run and am training for the Cherry Blossom 10 miler coming up in 2 weeks. The weather has been awful here so not sure how I'll do this time around.
  • prabbitts
    prabbitts Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner, one marathon, a few 5Ks, but like to run slow and long distance. Run between 45-50 miles every week and can't stand to take a day off. Gives me complete joy and trains my mind for all areas of my life.
  • lindseyas1
    lindseyas1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm slow, but I'm training for a marathon. Love to add you!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm a slow runner.....Actually...I am not running right now because of an injury. I completed my first half in September of 2013. I was scheduled to do one in about a month but had to bail. I have one scheduled for September and I have very little doubt I will be completing it. Feel free to add me!
  • Courtshorr
    Courtshorr Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner! Slow, but getting back up there. Training for a half marathon.currently! Sent you an add! I race triathlons too.... which you should totally try! Way more "fun" than just running!
  • OnceARnnr
    Options
    You already added me but I've been on and off with running for the past year. I'm also going to try to improve my 5K time and run a steady half marathon in June. It will good to have someone to keep me going!
  • nicolesthreads
    Options
    how did you get your 5k time down so quick?! I started running a year ago and have a hard time running 9:30 during a race
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm slow too...I've done several 5ks and working toward a 10k. anyone can add me if they want!!!