In Search of a Safe Cleanse

Options
2»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    if you are a smoker, I would suggest a cig and a cup of coffee fist thing in the AM ...back in the day that would clean me right out...
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    What are you trying to clean out exactly?
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    NO

+1
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I have a technique that will make you feel better.

Eat well.
    Move daily.
    Hydrate often.
    Sleep more.
    LOVE YOUR BODY!

Repeat ^^ for the rest of your life and you'll be feeling great.

(There's really no need to "cleanse" anything. Your body does it naturally.)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a nice safe cleanse that only lasts a week at most. I eat pretty good as it is but want to clean everything out about every other month. Any suggestions? TYI

It's called "drink lots of water, get enough fibre and fats"
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    30 day gelato cleanse
    ^^this^^ :)
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Fail.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Wear a helmet in the shower.....that is the safest cleanse around.
  • seventieslord
    seventieslord Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-detox-scam-how-to-spot-it-and-how-to-avoid-it/

I heart you guys. I came to this thread expecting a gong show. But this board is way smarter than I gave it credit for. I won't make that mistake again.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    When I think of "cleanse" and "detox", I think of head shop products for people who are afraid they'll fail drug tests.
    Can't help it... just always what I think of.
  • Hearts_on_Fire
    Hearts_on_Fire Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    yea - piss, poop, and sweat more....

your body already naturally detoxes itself..there is no need for a cleanse every month...

this...

And...
    When I think of "cleanse" and "detox", I think of head shop products for people who are afraid they'll fail drug tests.
    Can't help it... just always what I think of.
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    E-coli
    Oh GURL. I had salmonella a few years ago, and that was liek, teh best cleanse EVAR. Everything just kinda slid right out, it was AMAZING. I lost like 10lbs over the course of 2 days, the ladies at the hospital ICU were like, "OMG UR SO THIN LOLOLOL" and I was like, "I'm bleeding from places I shouldn't, can I have more meds plzthx!"

Two thumbs up, best cleanse.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Intestinal worms. They get right in there and eat all the toxins. Insert them like you would a suppository and let us know how you go.
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a nice safe cleanse that only lasts a week at most. I eat pretty good as it is but want to clean everything out about every other month. Any suggestions? TYI

Dialysis! Won't even take a full day

As a dialysis vet: I salute you, sir. Standing, applauding, whistling, etc. If you're not running literally all of your blood through a machine for four hours three times a week, it doesn't count as a cleanse.

ETA: Alternatively, if you really want a cleanse, try following the dialysis diet for a few days. https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/dietary_hemodialysis.cfm
    The first and only time a dietitian looked across the table and seriously suggested I start eating more refined sugar, because it's one of the few foods with low phosphorus, potassium, AND sodium. Have fun!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Water
  • sophiam777
    Options
    Like others said, depends what you are trying to do.

I wanted to have some structure in going vegan for a few days to see how my energy level changed. Tried the Sambazan Cleanse (only $15 at Costco). To prep you have to cut out meat, caffeine, alcohol, and animal products for a few days. It came with a few good recipes and here's a picture of all the stuff I bought (and ate), mostly veggies, fruits, lentils, quinoa, oats, just wholesome healthy foods.

How do I add a photo to this post?!?