Body changes = treated differently?

Options
So a lot of you have read my success story over at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234646-can-t-believe-i-made-it but here's my question..

How have you been treated since your body has changed, whether it be weight loss, weight gain, toning up etc?

I went shopping for a swim suit the other day, and I grabbed a one piece that I thought was very cute. My friend and the sales associate both asked me why I wasn't going for a bikini to show off my body more.

I'm young, and I like to dress nicely, but I'm also a mom, I'm not going to be one of the parents that shows up at their kid's school in club wear.

I'm really more of a skinny jeans, riding boots and fitted sweater kinda girl.

Unless it's summer, sun dresses all day ever day.

But I've noticed since I've lost weight, a lot of people ask, basically why I don't wear more revealing clothes now.

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Uhm, yes.

The unwanted attention remains unwanted, though >.>
    I've started yelling at idiots waving at me. Bet they weren't expecting to be yelled at.
    (And by that I mean scrubs hanging out the passenger side of their best friend's ride).
  • Tight_Fit
    Tight_Fit Posts: 453
    Options
    Uhm, yes.

I've started yelling at idiots waving at me. Bet they weren't expecting to be yelled at.
    (And by that I mean scrubs hanging out the passenger side of their best friend's ride).

Oh this wisdom of TLC.. I assume most of your negative attention has come from males?
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    100% different in almost every aspect of life.
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Before I had my daughter people would always tell me I was too thin, anorexic or bulimic looking - very rude and hurtful things, I was always naturally thin so it used to upset me. After I had my daughter till now, I still have some "leftover" weight, I currently weigh 125, but I am not toned up. People do not say these things anymore. But they do say I am crazy for wanting to work out, that I don't need to lose weight. No matter what, you will never please everyone. I got to the point where I could care less if someone thinks I am too this or that.

And one piece are cute, some are hot! So pay no attention! Even before I had my daughter I was still modest about what I wore. Not everyone has to show off their body constantly. As a mom, I understand! Oh and I hate the attention in person get so shys..
  • bachampion04
    bachampion04 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Oh my jesus....the thirist!!!!

I mean for me its been like that rare succulent seasonal steak in the meat section in the back of the rarest Wal-Mart thirst!

Not going to lie...its nice but weird at the same time. For family, its funny watching their eyes bug out of their head and watch them stare for hours trying to fathom my transformation :-)

The part that gets me the most is the people that use to look past you, now are the ones that are sneaking hugs and talking to me now.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Uhm, yes.

Oh this wisdom of TLC.. I assume most of your negative attention has come from males?
    Most? You mean all..

Can't go jogging/running here in California without the random dude hanging out his window .-.
  • bachampion04
    Options

Couldnt of said it any better man. Complete 360 and some lol
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options

In some areas, it's quite a negative difference. People make wild assumptions based on appearance. I really have to work hard to counteract some of the negative perceptions and reactions.
  • FoxBean
    Options
    Uhm, yes.

Most? You mean all..

Can't go jogging/running here in California without the random dude hanging out his window .-.

Haha same goes for Colorado in certain areas - the known streets here would be Colfax or Federal, hell girls couldn't even WALK down the street without being honked at
  • bachampion04
    Options

In some areas, it's quite a negative difference. People make wild assumptions based on appearance. I really have to work hard to counteract some of the negative perceptions and reactions.

Yeah if one more person tells me i need to eat something ....ima lose it >.<
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Well...my very sweet and loving grandmother told me that I look "...odd?" since I've lost weight. I'm still trying to figure out how to take that one? :laugh:
  • bachampion04
    Options
    Uhm, yes.

Most? You mean all..

Haha same goes for Colorado in certain areas - the known streets here would be Colfax or Federal, hell girls couldn't even WALK down the street without being honked at

Wait.....people still honking at people these days??? Well then! lol!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Mostly I just get more creepy messages on here.
  • FoxBean
    Options

Yeah if one more person tells me i need to eat something ....ima lose it >.<

Just be creepy and say you already have and wink at them!
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Uhm, yes.

Most? You mean all..

Honking? No. Inviting you into their freaking cars, going "hey girl, want a ride?".. Yes.
    !@$#@#$ >:(
  • FoxBean
    Options

Oh yes. It's very common in CO
  • rayraex
    rayraex Posts: 50
    Options
    Well, that would be because Colfax and Federal in Colorado are known for having prostitutes...
  • FoxBean
    Options
    Honking? No. Inviting you into their freaking cars, going "hey girl, want a ride?".. Yes.
    !@$#@#$ >:(

Yeah...I don't get that one, and gladly so! You should carry a knife if you don't already do!
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Mostly I just get more creepy messages on here.
    Haha! :laugh:
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options

What a shame..you have obviously worked very hard to reach your goals and it's a bummer it has to have a negative conotation.