klwa Posts: 61
    Options
    Fruits/veggies yesterday:

Spinach, broccoli, mixed fruit salad, veggie pizza, 1/2 small salad

Weigh-in day:

SW: 162.8
    CW: 159.3
    GW: 135.0

Down 3.5 since last Saturday! I think what's helped this week is 1) Making sure I logged every bite, and 2) Trying to get in some cardio every day, even if it's not as long as I'd like. I missed Sunday and Tuesday, but managed every other day.

I'm really glad I joined this challenge. Posting my fruits and vegetables this week on this msg board has made me stay more focused and accountable to myself! In the past, I would get frustrated that the weight didn't come off faster, but I think this will help me see the progress I'm making each week. So.....Thanks everyone!
  • aholtz1
    Options
    HI everyone :)
    Had an apple & banana with some orange juice (if that counts)!

Today is weigh in date :)
    I am CW: 205.2

Super Excited to see the scale moving down!!!!! Can't wait I am on the way towards my first mini goal of 199 by Jan 13th (ONEderland) here I come :)
  • justinswife
    justinswife Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day:)
    Not that great. 177.6, so down one lb. since Monday(my official weigh in day)
  • velvetechos
    Options
    cauliflower 2 x
    apple 2x
    brussell sprouts I am not sure how many make up a serving...but I had a ton. They were really good.

I think I need to add some color to my fruits and veggies. I missing in the orange/red and purple varieties of late.
    Orange is easy with carrots and pumpkin
    Red is harder for me. I don't do tomatoes
    Purple is grapes but they are currently expensive. Any alternative suggestions on purple?

Hmmm, for purple, there are purple bell peppers, purple yams, eggplant

I just found this site http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/fruits-vegetables.shtml it shows fruit/veg for all the colors, and just what those colors do nutritionally :)
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Justinswife - I have your starting weight at 181.5, is that wrong then? :) Either way, a one lb loss in a week is great!!!

Aholtz - Congrats on that loss!!!!! And yes, orange juice counts as long as it's not just water with artificial color and flavor :P

Klwa - awesome loss!!! And yes, posting is definitely helping me be accountable. Fruits and veg are a great way to spend calories!!

Jojoof4 - Welcome! I've got your stats added to the board, jump right in if you want to join in the current challenge (a new challenge is posted every Monday, this week is getting in a minimum 5 a day of fruit and/or veg)
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Oh! And my weigh in - 227.4, so down 1.6lb! I'm a little bummed because yesterday I saw 226.7 (yes, bad me, I weigh daily, but only post weekly) but I'm hoping it's water weight or something, haha. Either way, official is 227.4 for the week!
  • brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm married to a Bally's PFT, and no, he doesn't spend time thinking of ways to torture! He is genuinely concerned about his customers and trying to find exercises that accomodate whatever physical problems they have (bad knees, bad back, amputee, etc). Nice try though!

Actually, that was my poor attempt at a joke, although when I said the exact same thing to my trainer he laughed and joked that he agreed. My trainer is super about my weak areas, and has great (but had) plans for me every week. I'm getting very strong and flexible, I just like to whine

Oh, and by the way, my first week's weigh-in and I lost 3.8 LBS!!!! AWESOME!!!! Kinda expected that the first week though...
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    I know I fell off the face of the earth this week! Work got manic!

Fruits/Veggies today: Sweet potatoes, baby carrots, lettuce (iceberg/romaine), spinach, broccoli/cauliflower, and a banana.

CW: 321.8 :drinker: It puts me 1.8 pounds away from my Christmas goal!
  • jbqueen
    jbqueen Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just stepped on the scale this morning, and despite not logging, not getting all 5 servings in everyday, and not exercising, I'm down to 181. I've definitely been eating healthier this week compared to last.

Just about to eat my first serving today: pomegranate!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I lost another 1.5 lbs this week YEAH. It has been harder since thanksgiving but I am still loosing so I am really happy . I hope I can just keep it up through christmas
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Woohooo!! I'm so happy to see all these great weigh ins!!

I'll post the weigh-in board tomorrow morning, so we can see where we all are, and who's still with us!

So how do you guys feel the fruit/veggie challenge is going? Is using your calories on these items encouraging you to workout to fit in some of your other favorite foods, or are you happily spending calories on there and not missing what you would have been eating in it's stead? I know I had a huge salad with chicken on it for lunch, and was perfectly satisfied :) Usually I'd be looking to put some bread with it, but that was no biggie!
  • jbqueen
    jbqueen Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I actually loved the veggie challenge, b/c it made me realize just how few fruits and vegetables I typically eat. Getting 5 servings in was a bit harder than I thought!

Which reminds me, I had 4 servings of peas (they were delicious!) today, along with a serving of pomegranate seeds. I also completed day one of my C2K program.
  • brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    So how do you guys feel the fruit/veggie challenge is going? Is using your calories on these items encouraging you to workout to fit in some of your other favorite foods, or are you happily spending calories on there and not missing what you would have been eating in it's stead?

The challenge is GREAT, because I'm not the biggest veggie fan.
  • blackchick38
    Options
    hi there all busy at wrk, still at 235lbs
  • poeticpurl
    poeticpurl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    cauliflower 2 x
    apple 2x
    brussell sprouts I am not sure how many make up a serving...but I had a ton. They were really good.

I think I need to add some color to my fruits and veggies. I missing in the orange/red and purple varieties of late.
    Orange is easy with carrots and pumpkin
    Red is harder for me. I don't do tomatoes
    Purple is grapes but they are currently expensive. Any alternative suggestions on purple?

Hmmm, for purple, there are purple bell peppers, purple yams, eggplant

I just found this site http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/fruits-vegetables.shtml it shows fruit/veg for all the colors, and just what those colors do nutritionally :)

Thanks that has a good chart I can cut out and take with me. I am allergic to a lot of citrus foods. I can still eat some of them I just have to not have to much in a day and like all things some are better then others.

Today I had
    Banana
    pear
    apple
    cucumber

and I need to go find another veggie for dinner.
    I am still at 224 with a zero change for the week. But I did make 10 min on the eliptical this week so I am happy.
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Mmmmm, all of you with your pomegranates are really making me want one!

poeticpurl - that is great that you've been doing the elliptical! When I had a gym membership it was one of my favorites; I stay home with my daughter now so don't have time to go to the gym but I'm thinking of buying one, just never sure which reviews online to trust!
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Okay, this is our chart for the past week - everyone is doing great! We have quite a few on here that we haven't seen all week, and that didn't weigh in, I'll leave them on for now but remove them next weigh in if they still haven't checked in.

12/17/2010 30 lbs By St Patrick’s Day Group
    Aholtz1 – 207 | 205.2 (-1.8lb)
    Bk360mom – 214.1
    Blackchick38 – 235 | 235
    Brenott – 225 | 221.2 (-3.8)
    Etrnltrust - 213
    Fiammafiore - 235
    GFPeggy11 - 258
    Jbqueen – 183 | 181 (-2)
    Jlynny1811 – 199
    Jojoof4 - 228
    Justinswife - 181.5 | 177.6 (-3.9)
    Klwa - 162.8 | 159.3 (-2.5)
    Life1979_24 - 272.5
    Mandajo2 – 163
    Mbodine – 211.4
    Nataliemra - 215
    Pandy123 – 161
    Poeticpurl – 224| 224
    Reese1206 - 180
    Shaunadroddy - 215
    Tanya 761 - 196
    Themommie – 216 | 214.5 (-1.5)
    Velvetechos - 229 | 227.4 (-1.6)
    Ymamyma - 325.2 | 321.8 (-3.4)
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    sorry i missed yesterday, i did do my wii fit weigh in but had a busy day and did not make it to mfp. (wrote down all my food thou and just logged it)
    cw 272.5
    loss olbs
    shocked i didnt gain with all the water and food ;-P
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    Hi! I was wondering if it would not be too late for me to join? I am definitely in need of some extra motivation, and a concrete goal.
  • supernonna
    Options
    My internet has been messing up so I missed weigh-in... plus I really don't know what I'm doing :P I'm new to the groups!! I weighed 180 yesterday.