PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! Super scared

Options

Replies

• Alsvic
    Alsvic Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    So I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I spend a whole month logging everything I put in my mouth I return to the doctor and she asks how things are going and I proceed to tell her I lost 16 pounds in 4 weeks. At that point she is ecstatic at my progress. I then tell her about the previous Saturday night Bowling night where I drank 11 Draft beers.

She ask " how did that make you feel?" I said that I was kind of embarrassed about having to write down I drank 11 beers. My doctor says to me "no you knuckle head how did you feel the next morning after drinking 11 beers."

She then proceeds to ask me why everyone she deals with spends their life paying no attention to what they eat, then try's to change their lifestyle over night and wants to make it an all or nothing deal.

So what I'm saying is relax. if you think this is the last time your going to eat to much I have really bad news for you, every one has a bad day once in while.

After all its not like you drank to much and woke next to someone whose name you can't remember, I hate when that happens.
  • JoshDuper
    Options
    LOL, Ice Cream is a killer and THAT is a fact. Don't eat it.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    So,

what is this, 1200-1500 calories total? I wouldn't freak.
  • lw070667
    lw070667 Posts: 1
    Options
    Eating is just like life and anything else, you are going to have good days and bad. just don't string too many bad days in a row. log it and move on

:happy:
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Hello, you have gotten some good advice here. You ate it , you realized what you did and you are accountable for that. Just move on and realize this is life. It is to be enjoyed and start tomorrow and move on. You will absolutely do this and it's a learning process every day. Take care..
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    If you're within your calories then you shouldn't have to worry. If you went over in your calories by a bit you could just pare another day's calories a little to adjust.

I once had 1,000+ calories of ice cream for dinner & didn't gain anything. I also made up for the stomach bug a few times by eating a lot of ice cream.
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Alsvic - you win best answer contest in my book!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Derp.gif
  • Ataraxia81
    Ataraxia81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Remember this feeling the next time you feel tempted to eat a whole pint. Granted, it's not a terrible thing, but think of how you feel.. I used to eat a bowl of ice cream everynight before bed. Now when I do have ice cream, I scoop it with a teaspoon and put it in an average coffee mug. Don't pack it in. Stick with it.

Moments like these are learning moments. Learn from it!

Best of luck :D
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I don't see a huge problem, or really any problem here.

I think that if you are going to be successful going forward you need to lose this fear of food and the fear of eating over that calorie limit. We all have one of those days .. I had 2 of them recently. But .. guess what I didn't gain an oz .. and my body fat % is still the same. So .. a one day oops is not going to make any difference in the long run.

So .. move on, food is not the devil. You will be fine unless you consistently eat more than you burn, provided weight loss is your goal here.

Good luck.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Remember this feeling the next time you feel tempted to eat a whole pint. Granted, it's not a terrible thing, but think of how you feel.. I used to eat a bowl of ice cream everynight before bed. Now when I do have ice cream, I scoop it with a teaspoon and put it in an average coffee mug. Don't pack it in. Stick with it.

Weighing a proper serving seems like it'd be a better metric.
  • dysonspacz
    dysonspacz Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You had a "bad" day. You're human. Move on. It's called living.
  • Jenneffinier
    Jenneffinier Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    One dessert isn't going to ruin everything! CTFO its all good
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

well all righty then ….

fear monger much?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

a teaspoon, really?

Nothing wrong with one serving of ice cream a night as long as you maintain your deficit….
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    well... how over your calories are you?? how tall and how heavy are you??
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

That is my stance also!
  • desireecl
    desireecl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    So I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I spend a whole month logging everything I put in my mouth I return to the doctor and she asks how things are going and I proceed to tell her I lost 16 pounds in 4 weeks. At that point she is ecstatic at my progress. I then tell her about the previous Saturday night Bowling night where I drank 11 Draft beers.

She ask " how did that make you feel?" I said that I was kind of embarrassed about having to write down I drank 11 beers. My doctor says to me "no you knuckle head how did you feel the next morning after drinking 11 beers."

She then proceeds to ask me why everyone she deals with spends their life paying no attention to what they eat, then try's to change their lifestyle over night and wants to make it an all or nothing deal.

So what I'm saying is relax. if you think this is the last time your going to eat to much I have really bad news for you, every one has a bad day once in while.

After all its not like you drank to much and woke next to someone whose name you can't remember, I hate when that happens.

Haha! Great anecdote and advice. Good luck to you with your Type 2. I've had several friends who were able to manage the disease with lifestyle changes and get off their meds entirely...and one who later found his diabetes was really a misdiagnosed, somewhat obscure liver problem, but eating better and exercising didn't do him any harm :)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Today for breakfast I had 2 eggs with onions and peppers, quaker cinnamon spice oatmeal with a banana and a cup of green tea. For lunch I had a very small salad with some guac on top and an apple, raisins for a snack, and for dinner I had cold cut turkey with a small salad and a banana with some peanut butter. I just ate a pint of raspberry sorbet from hagen daaz, is this gonna ruin my progress I feel terrible right now...
    How many calories did you have with those tiny meals? You're probably hungry because you're trying to eat some tiny amount of calories.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Today for breakfast I had 2 eggs with onions and peppers, quaker cinnamon spice oatmeal with a banana and a cup of green tea. For lunch I had a very small salad with some guac on top and an apple, raisins for a snack, and for dinner I had cold cut turkey with a small salad and a banana with some peanut butter. I just ate a pint of raspberry sorbet from hagen daaz, is this gonna ruin my progress I feel terrible right now...

MFPkeepcalmlogit_zps0a1cbfdf.jpg

nope. it's not going to ruin anything. one day does not make or break your progress.