Beachbody's 21 Day Fix- Don't count calories?!

Options

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    You know what you should do if you follow this program.....just for $#!%s and giggles.

Eat how they tell you too....
    But then weigh and measure everything you eat, and track it daily

Then you get an idea of how many calories you are taking in, as well as what macros you are getting.....

The most important thing to take from this will be understanding why you lost the weight, and that lies within the numbers of the foods you are eating.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    Edit: the containers can be filled multiple times per day based on the program guidelines (it actually tells you a calorie target which breaks down the amount of each container you can have per day).

i guess this is how they adjust for different body mass

others have said that this is essentially a less exact way of counting calories via measuring and recording.

It should work just fine, and while many of us 'see through' the 'gimic', i could see this helping a lot of people who've just gotten that frustrated with eating right.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    seeing some holes already lol

how about cottege cheese? does that go in protein or healthy fats? if it goes in fats, a container full of peanut butter is probably going to be a lot more calories then a container full of cottage cheese.

Idk, still think the idea has some merit if its well thought out and the instructions are good.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    It's a form of portion control and calorie restriction without actually taking into consideration any form of individuals needs.

In other words, its stupid.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    It's a form of portion control and calorie restriction without actually taking into consideration any form of individuals needs.

agreed...I just it amusing that some are saying that they follow this as opposed to calories in vs calories out ..when, if anything, this plan seems more restrictive then your typical MFP method ....and at the end of the day all the containers do is help you *wait for it* restrict calories...
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

agreed...I just it amusing that some are saying that they follow this as opposed to calories in vs calories out ..when, if anything, this plan seems more restrictive then your typical MFP method ....and at the end of the day all the containers do is help you *wait for it* restrict calories...

I mean its common sense....

If you have someone who is 110 lbs following this and someone who is 200 lbs following this... yes you'll lose weight in both instances. The 200 lb person can get away with eating MORE food and losing at a more reasonable and healthy rate, while it might be applicable for someone who is 110 lbs.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options

there is apparently a means of adjusting for individual calorie needs, althought they may keep a different face on it to make it seem like calories are not really the issue at hand lol
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    It's just another gimmick to restrict your calorie intake. You can get the same results with a food scale and hitting your macros. For free. :smile:

You forgot to add "and take your money$$".
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    in for free food scale
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I think it's a bad idea.

You mentioned the protein container and how small it is. Well, bison meat for example is a good source of protein but it's relatively high in calories. So you really have absolutely no clue how many calories your taking in, at all.

I say just stick with MFP and weighing out and tracking calories. Save your money and buy yourself a purse or clothes and don't buy into... crap basically.

This
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    Beachbody is a business and their business is producing and creating weight loss programs that will let people quickly lose weight and get into the best shape of their lives. They will continually release products that give people whatever they're asking for.
    And it's doing great business. The point of this site is to educate people the same approaches WITHOUT spending loads of money on information or techniques that aren't new, but bundled as a "can't miss" weight loss venture.
    You can take ANY program on Beach Body and apply it and it will work. But the same goes for ANY OTHER program that's not Beach Body either.
    They all have one common objective: eating less than you burn and exercising to get fit.

Like others here, I don't feel one needs to pay $100 to actually learn this. If so, then I have a Paypal account.:wink:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

idk, i can never push myself as hard as a coach can push me

the BB dvds is the closest experience i've had to being on a team and having a coach and have that additional pressure

but to your point there are free workouts on youtube that will accomplish the same thing.

its the pace set in the DVDs that i would have trouble keeping if i didn't have a task master
  • fox2star
    fox2star Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bunp
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    It's just another gimmick to restrict your calorie intake. You can get the same results with a food scale and hitting your macros. For free. :smile:

This always makes me laugh when people talk about Beachbody "taking your money". Uh what about the money people spend on other exercise DVD's, gyms, fitness classes, workout equipment, supplements, etc. Yeah, Beachbody is the ONLY company that takes people's money in fitness and weight loss. :huh:
  • ndj1979
    Options

This always makes me laugh when people talk about Beachbody "taking your money". Uh what about the money people spend on other exercise DVD's, gyms, fitness classes, workout equipment, supplements, etc. Yeah, Beachbody is the ONLY company that takes people's money in fitness and weight loss. :huh:

so a gym membership is a gimmick?
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options

i'd say PF is awfully close to a gimick lol
  • ndj1979
    Options

i'd say PF is awfully close to a gimick lol

touché...

but I would take PF over a beach body program ....
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options

Sorry I'm just talking about the exercise part, they get knocked here just as much as the nutrition part.
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options

I hate to break it to you but if you are losing weight you are still following calories in vs calories out ...

The pounds lost that you can see here on MFP, came from changing what I ate, giving up on counting calories, quitting working out and doing NOTHING MORE than walking 4 days a week. and not fast walking. walking at a 3.0. That's it. my before and after pictures are from T25, but i weigh the exact same in each picture.

I eat a pretty decent amount of calories. i just steer clear of foods my body doesn't like and takes issue with. so, at least for me, losing inches has NOT been a matter of cals in vs cals. out.
  • ndj1979
    Options

I hate to break it to you but if you are losing weight you are still following calories in vs calories out ...

The pounds lost that you can see here on MFP, came from changing what I ate, giving up on counting calories, quitting working out and doing NOTHING MORE than walking 4 days a week. and not fast walking. walking at a 3.0. That's it. my before and after pictures are from T25, but i weigh the exact same in each picture.

I eat a pretty decent amount of calories. i just steer clear of foods my body doesn't like and takes issue with. so, at least for me, losing inches has NOT been a matter of cals in vs cals. out.

if you are losing inches and/or fat then you have to have a negative energy balance….

so how did you lose then ..magic?
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    you can call it magic if you'd like :-)
    i just call it educating myself. playing detective for over 6 months and then just kept it up. even now, i can lose inches without exercise if i want to. but, i try not to do that.
    i do like exercise and owning a BB program is STILL cheaper than EITHER of my gym memberships ( i pay 240/ year for a gym i never even go to anymore) and way cheaper than my personal trainer was, LOL!
    And I love the Shakeology, mainly because of the variety of flavors, but also because it tastes better than more other brands out there. and doesn't have processed sugar in it. since being on it i have been able to drop about 5 supplements i was taking daily, AND my cramps during my period have totally disappeared. I never bloat anymore, AND the best part, it has totally regulated my cycle! I'm every 4 weeks like clock work. I had been all over the place for over a year and it was driving me nuts!!! So, to me the investment is worth it. and it's easy. :-)