What do to when someone cooks a meal for you

Options
13»

Replies

• md523083
    md523083 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What do to when someone cooks a meal for you

I throw it on the ground. I won't be part of their system.

threw-it-to-the-ground-cup-o.gif

The system. LOVE IT. ;) hahaha
  • thatpixichick
    thatpixichick Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it! You know what a massive portion is, think 15 roast potatoes with 5 huge cuts of beef and a pint of gravy and 4 Yorkshire puds on the side. So just don't do that! Have a bit of everything and if you're still peckish, have a little bit more.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Go to your mom's and enjoy your dinner. It is only 1 day. Just don't go mad.

Remember that one day, you won't get to celebrate mothers day with your mother so grab the chances while you can.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    A roast and vegies are good for you. Just calm down and go on websites that show you how to judge portions and measurenents using the palm of your hand/deck of vards as a portion of meat, your tip of thumb to the bend is an ouce, a three finger pinch is .25 ounce, your fist is a cup. I would post the site but im on an iod. Plan to drink water, eat light in the day before you go. Dont eat dessert, skip bread, load up on vegies, get in a workout before or afterwards. Then at the end of the day log as much as you can and write it in the food notes for the day that you estimated but enjoyed your day, complete the day and start over in the morning.

Dont just go on a full **** it binge, just do your best to eat filling foods like meat and vegies. Stay away from added butter, gravy etc
  • LiseLeroux
    Options
    Like a lot of people have mentioned ... there are going to be special occasions all the time. Mother's Day. Birthdays. Work events. Holidays. And we have to learn to navigate those successfully. Just estimate, use some moderation, and enjoy - without totally blowing it. Then make up for it (or before like some said). Treat it like a bank account. If you borrow a lot, you've got to either take out a loan or pay it back. It will all even out.

I went out on a "first date" the other night. I really didn't want to be on a diet for that. Nobody wants to hear about diets and it's not really very social. But the alternative was to continue hiding out at home and not socializing at all (which I was doing when I gained so much weight). So I just bit the bullet and drank my water instead of wine, ate reasonably, and didn't have dessert. And had a great time so it can be done :-)