I love 21-Day Fix! Starting Round 2 today!

Options

Replies

• CoopZentz
    Options
    Your always going to bump into those negative people who have nothing better to do that to put someone else down. I also bought the 21 Day Fix and I'm pretty pumped about it. Many "calorie counters" are thinking about calorie and that's fine. The 21 Day Fix teaches you about quality foods and portion control in addition to daily 30 minute workouts. I hope you get the best out of this program and the point of the 21 day fix is after day 21 you should have a good grasp on eating clean. This is not a diet people, it's a life style change! :smile:

Totally right! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I actually find myself looking forward to the workouts and love how each one continues to get easier! It's satisfying to find that thing that finally motivates you to keep it up!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Wow some of you guys are kind of mean! I feel like if you can't be encouraging you shouldn't be posting. I think MFP is more than a calorie counting website, it is a community of people trying to do better and that should mean they also support each other. I tried counting calories and it just didn't work for me. I don't feel like I wasted my money on the program. (it is half the price of the P90x series and the workouts are great!) I am not "fixed", being healthy is a lifestyle change! For me it was great for portion control, making sure I get all the foods I should be getting in every day, and not having to think too much about weighing or looking up calories. I am proud of myself for sticking with something for the first time in a long time and finding a program that works for me. Don't bring me down people, it's rude! If anyone else out there is doing it how are you liking it?? What kind of challenges are you having with it?

It's true that MFP is a community. Public forums are just that: public. You are going to get opinions from a variety of people, and as MFP is marketed heavily for its calorie counting application, no one should be too surprised that we would be more supportive of calorie counting.

That being said, I'm all in favor of portion control, nutrition and exercise. 100%!

My issue is with shakes, and or supplements that go along with systems like this. I don't really think purchasing & drinking supplements and shakes is a sustainable way of life and a great choice, and I'm under the impression that this product relies on those pretty heavily. (I could be wrong - I haven't researched this program that much)

As "mean" as some people think we are, the truth is that we want you to make choices that you will be able to sustain life-long and teach to your child. At the end of it all, that's what is most important, right?
  • mindyvanwesten
    Options
    Agree with you!! some people are so mean! its like if you dont have nice things to say dont say it at all. Calorie counting didnt work for me also. I like the 21 day fix becuase it is all balanced. where calorie counting how do you know you are getting a balanced meal. Becuase i see people who eat a pizza or deep fried foods. Just keep what you are doing you are doing great!!
    Wow some of you guys are kind of mean! I feel like if you can't be encouraging you shouldn't be posting. I think MFP is more than a calorie counting website, it is a community of people trying to do better and that should mean they also support each other. I tried counting calories and it just didn't work for me. I don't feel like I wasted my money on the program. (it is half the price of the P90x series and the workouts are great!) I am not "fixed", being healthy is a lifestyle change! For me it was great for portion control, making sure I get all the foods I should be getting in every day, and not having to think too much about weighing or looking up calories. I am proud of myself for sticking with something for the first time in a long time and finding a program that works for me. Don't bring me down people, it's rude! If anyone else out there is doing it how are you liking it?? What kind of challenges are you having with it?
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I should be able to post an opposing opinion without being called mean. But whatever.

Fact: The 21-Day Fix did not work for her - she stated she didn't adhere to the program of "clean" eating and ate fried food.

So instead of encouraging her to try it again, I explained I count calories which has taught me portion control. I eat healthy although I "just count calories" and its free! No gimmicks, no magic pills - just like the Fix yet I didn't have to buy special containers.

I also have issues with the name - I am not broken and do not care to be "fixed". It's taken longer than 3 weeks to correct my bad eating habits. Some see the 21day thing as a quick fix so they try it. Some fail and decide dieting isn't for them, they give up, they give in. Creating a vicious cycle of yo-yo dieting until they pick up the next new thing in diets.

OP - I wish you luck in whatever healthy eating plan you choose. :flowerforyou:
  • CoopZentz
    Options
    I am not doing the shakes or any meal replacement type of products. Just a protein powder after I work out. And yes BB always pushes Shakeology, but this program is not centered around them. I can fulfill all the requirements without having to spend $100+ a month on extra stuff! I think if people understood what it really was they wouldn't judge it so much. It's not a get skinny quick gimmicky program. It is healthy food choices, portion control, and great challenging workouts. With this program you fall in to a target calorie range, and based on that range they tell you how many portions of food from each category you can have to stay within that range. Like I fall in the 1,200 - 1,499 range, so every day I try and have 3 serv. of veggies, 2 fruit, 4 protein, 2 carbs, 1 of healthy fats or cheese, 1 of oil/seeds. The containers just make it quick and easy to control the portion sizes. This may be a no-brainer for a lot of you, but for me it helps! No pills, no fancy shakes, and I don't feel the need to be fixed so the title doesn't bug me.

I just want some of you to realize your tone when posting is not helpful, encouraging, or even a good critique. I want to be involved in a community of people that don't berate my choices, but help me make better ones if they feel I need that help. I appreciate the concern, I really do. But I need someone to know what I am doing first or ask questions about it, as opposed to immediately judging it. I fail at this too, sometimes, and we could all be more aware of it.
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    I am not doing the shakes or any meal replacement type of products. Just a protein powder after I work out. And yes BB always pushes Shakeology, but this program is not centered around them. I can fulfill all the requirements without having to spend $100+ a month on extra stuff! I think if people understood what it really was they wouldn't judge it so much. It's not a get skinny quick gimmicky program. It is healthy food choices, portion control, and great challenging workouts. With this program you fall in to a target calorie range, and based on that range they tell you how many portions of food from each category you can have to stay within that range. Like I fall in the 1,200 - 1,499 range, so every day I try and have 3 serv. of veggies, 2 fruit, 4 protein, 2 carbs, 1 of healthy fats or cheese, 1 of oil/seeds. The containers just make it quick and easy to control the portion sizes. This may be a no-brainer for a lot of you, but for me it helps! No pills, no fancy shakes, and I don't feel the need to be fixed so the title doesn't bug me.

I just want some of you to realize your tone when posting is not helpful, encouraging, or even a good critique. I want to be involved in a community of people that don't berate my choices, but help me make better ones if they feel I need that help. I appreciate the concern, I really do. But I need someone to know what I am doing first or ask questions about it, as opposed to immediately judging it. I fail at this too, sometimes, and we could all be more aware of it.

I think you might find a 21-day group a better fit for you.
    Lately I have been telling people to try reading some of the posts that seem "nasty" in a monotone voice (in your head, unless you want weird looks ;) ) to get more perspective on what the poster is actually SAYING instead of what you might be perceiving. Doing that helped me. I'm not saying that there's no snark on the forums... there's plenty! But sometimes none is intended but we can read snark into it that isn't really there.

As for me personally... none of this has been really easy or simple. I've done a whole lot of trial and error and wading through the valid vs "junk" info out there. I don't know about you, but I get overwhelmed with all the "information" that comes flying at us all the time! And, like you, I've found that portion control is really the only way I will be able to maintain "healthy" eating habits. I've been re-learning that via the calorie counting aspect of this site, but whatever works... nothing at all wrong with using a different measurement system if it works for the long haul! I could never stick to a "diet" that eliminates foods I enjoy, and portion control lets me do just that.
  • starznholes
    starznholes Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    If the 21day fix works, why do you need a round 2? Shouldn't you be "fixed" already?

Tumblr_lm74ypXC1D1qii6tmo1_400.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • katcena
    katcena Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I think a program that gets your exercising and teaches portion control (one of the biggest hurdles to the average person in our "Go Big" society) is awesome! I had to start off buying pre-portioned meals to give me perspective. I was raised in a family that did HUGE meals....and most of my family has weight issues. A portion control system could have been a huge help to me years ago when I started out. I think as long as you are eating healthy (no fad diets), eating enough calories to support your body, and getting some exercise you are on the right track.
    More importantly, it sounds like you are excited about what you are doing and the results you are getting. Keep up the good work. I hope the next 21 days are just as productive and enjoyable!
  • mindyvanwesten
    Options
    I think a program that gets your exercising and teaches portion control (one of the biggest hurdles to the average person in our "Go Big" society) is awesome! I had to start off buying pre-portioned meals to give me perspective. I was raised in a family that did HUGE meals....and most of my family has weight issues. A portion control system could have been a huge help to me years ago when I started out. I think as long as you are eating healthy (no fad diets), eating enough calories to support your body, and getting some exercise you are on the right track.
    More importantly, it sounds like you are excited about what you are doing and the results you are getting. Keep up the good work. I hope the next 21 days are just as productive and enjoyable!

That is how i was too. My family struggles with weight and i did not want to be there. I was happy to be Size eight when i got maried. and I have maintained that now. This program has helped me with portions and to get me on the right track. Yes it says 21 days but you have to keep eating good and clean after. like with everything. once you stop you will struggle again.
  • SheikYoboudi
    Options
    I am SO not diggin' on the hatin' on the program! Look: folk: some people join a gym and waste that money because they never then GO. Some people pay for an expensive personal trainer so that they can have guided instruction from a professional--- and that's GREAT. BUT--- expensive, and then see those fitness gains evaporate once their sessions are done & they slowly drop out from active gym membership.

These are busy times, we are all busy people. Yes, it's awesome and amazing for folk to take a deep look & learn more about the quantity & composition of the food that they eat--- if they can do that on their own, and adhere to that knowledge on their own, GREAT! But we're in the middle of an obesity epidemic in America, with diabetes & heart disease all blowing through the roof. It takes some serious guts to throw down the money to say, "Yknow what: I'm going to do this program, and I'm going to stick to it as best I can, do the workouts, learn what it has to teach me about portion control". And to be able to do that WITHOUT exorbitant gym and trainer fees? That's a win-win.

Besides which: doing it in a Challenge pack (yes, with the Shakeology, which by far ISN'T overpriced---- you'd be challenged to find anywhere NEAR as nutritional a breakfast for $4 a day), you also get the support network of being in a group of people who are going through the program WITH you, struggling WITH you, supporting you as you support them.

That? That's gold. I've seen 21 Day Fix work for lots of people--- from their direct testimony. Some people do it round after round (and no, it's not a failure if you're not "Fixed" after 1 round--- it just means you're deciding to stick to the known quantity of the presented meal plans & quantities before venturing back out & trying to do it all completely on your own again).

If folk can learn to put in their daily 30 minute workout & adhere to healthy nutrition on their own-- both in terms of meal composition & portioning---- then by God, go right ahead and more power to you.

More power to the original poster for going through the program & giving a serious effort at confronting the habits that are getting in the way of better fitness. It's a journey, not a snapshot.
  • bkmeyer1
    bkmeyer1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started the 21 Day Fix on Monday and I love it! I don't have the Shakeology because I think it's nasty. But I love the workout DVDs. They are great! The cardio fix workout has me so sore I can barely walk. But it's awesome! Plus I'm only on day 4 and I've lost 3 lbs already! The meal plan is great too. MFP is great for tracking your food and accountability, but I was starving to death on what it suggested for me to eat daily. Like I was miserable! With the 21 Day Fix, I get more food than I ever thought I could eat and way more calories. It's opened up my eyes to how much I can eat and still lost weight and that I've really not been eating right even when I was getting my suggested MFP calories in each day.

It's simple and quick. And I can really get behind that.
  • mindyvanwesten
    Options
    I am SO not diggin' on the hatin' on the program! Look: folk: some people join a gym and waste that money because they never then GO. Some people pay for an expensive personal trainer so that they can have guided instruction from a professional--- and that's GREAT. BUT--- expensive, and then see those fitness gains evaporate once their sessions are done & they slowly drop out from active gym membership.

These are busy times, we are all busy people. Yes, it's awesome and amazing for folk to take a deep look & learn more about the quantity & composition of the food that they eat--- if they can do that on their own, and adhere to that knowledge on their own, GREAT! But we're in the middle of an obesity epidemic in America, with diabetes & heart disease all blowing through the roof. It takes some serious guts to throw down the money to say, "Yknow what: I'm going to do this program, and I'm going to stick to it as best I can, do the workouts, learn what it has to teach me about portion control". And to be able to do that WITHOUT exorbitant gym and trainer fees? That's a win-win.

Well said! thank you, I love shakeology I drink it everyday!

Besides which: doing it in a Challenge pack (yes, with the Shakeology, which by far ISN'T overpriced---- you'd be challenged to find anywhere NEAR as nutritional a breakfast for $4 a day), you also get the support network of being in a group of people who are going through the program WITH you, struggling WITH you, supporting you as you support them.

That? That's gold. I've seen 21 Day Fix work for lots of people--- from their direct testimony. Some people do it round after round (and no, it's not a failure if you're not "Fixed" after 1 round--- it just means you're deciding to stick to the known quantity of the presented meal plans & quantities before venturing back out & trying to do it all completely on your own again).

If folk can learn to put in their daily 30 minute workout & adhere to healthy nutrition on their own-- both in terms of meal composition & portioning---- then by God, go right ahead and more power to you.

More power to the original poster for going through the program & giving a serious effort at confronting the habits that are getting in the way of better fitness. It's a journey, not a snapshot.
  • vverhelle
    vverhelle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Before the fix, I did cardio & strength training 5-7 days a week (kickboxing, Tabatas, HIIT, Yoga, Piyo, spin, weight training) but I was stuck in a rut for five months with zero lbs lost. Did I mention I practice clean eating and use Shakeology?! Well, it looks like myfitnesspal (user for a year & lost 70lbs in that time) couldn't help me with my portion sizing control. Enter 21 Day Fix which I bought at the intro price or same price as a bag of group trainer). With the challenge group I did, I lost the 3rd most % of body weight...Lost 15lbs & 10.5 inches (4in off my waist, 2in off my hips) in 21 Days. Because I still have several rounds worth of fat to lose and muscle to gain, I am in round 2 of the 21 Day Fix. Oh, I'm not a BB coach either just a woman that knows what it is like to be 300lbs, work your tush off to lose it and then get stuck. I'm not stuck anymore. :wink:
  • dux1fan
    dux1fan Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Folks be happy with other folks getting healthy. Who cares if Shakeology is overpriced? Then don't buy it. I know folks are going to have an opposing opinion.. To me, opinions are like an ear, everyone has one. Do what works for YOU and ONLY YOU!!! At the end of the day, that's who you hold accountability too. YOU!!!! All these other folks are not paying your bills, nor should their opinion matter... Just take it and let it roll off your back!!!!

For me, I have my personal chef, personal trainer, and personal assistant do everything for me.... Love it!!! :wink:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    For me, I have my personal chef, personal trainer, and personal assistant do everything for me.... Love it!!! :wink:

Yeah...ok. :laugh: :noway:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    If the 21day fix works, why do you need a round 2? Shouldn't you be "fixed" already?

Edited because its Monday and I cannot spell!

this …

+ 1
  • ndj1979
    Options
    OP - just so you know ..you are still counting calories, you are just paying someone else to do it for you ..

I rest my case.
  • DamePiglet
    Options

OH-YOU-FANCY-HUH-.jpg
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    congrats!

for me, i'm on the 697-day fix....i eat within my calorie allowance (taking macros into account).
    works like a charm!

BOOM! :flowerforyou:
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Before the fix, I did cardio & strength training 5-7 days a week (kickboxing, Tabatas, HIIT, Yoga, Piyo, spin, weight training) but I was stuck in a rut for five months with zero lbs lost. Did I mention I practice clean eating and use Shakeology?! Well, it looks like myfitnesspal (user for a year & lost 70lbs in that time) couldn't help me with my portion sizing control. Enter 21 Day Fix which I bought at the intro price or same price as a bag of group trainer). With the challenge group I did, I lost the 3rd most % of body weight...Lost 15lbs & 10.5 inches (4in off my waist, 2in off my hips) in 21 Days. Because I still have several rounds worth of fat to lose and muscle to gain, I am in round 2 of the 21 Day Fix. Oh, I'm not a BB coach either just a woman that knows what it is like to be 300lbs, work your tush off to lose it and then get stuck. I'm not stuck anymore. :wink:

congrats on your progress…

but all you did was pay someone else to do what MFP will do for free….