Trying not to get excited

Options
2»

Replies

• TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    Anyone can add me BTW :) Particularly Whovians, I'm looking at you TheDoctorDonna10. (^_^)

lol I'm always happy to befriend a fellow Whovian :happy:
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Feels good right?! My IKEA box is also now open in the bedroom and I have been going on thru them one by one.
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on that victory! Keep up the great work.

I had a thought about all your "big" new clothes. Maybe you could sell them through a consignment shop and get back some of the money needed to buy smaller sizes. Just a thought. Best of luck to you!

^This.

And also, Craigslist or E-Bay to resell. Plus, don't overlook the thrift stores as you move down in sizes...you can find a ton of great stuff on the cheap and have fun w/ new and different styles you wouldn't normally try without feeling like you're "wasting" money.

20 pounds down is a HUGE milestone so Happy Dance away! And maybe pull those size 10 jeans out of the back of your closet, put them on a hanger displayed prominently in your bedroom, and visualize the day you'll be wearing those again, too.
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Get excited, anything that keeps you on track is good as far as I'm concerned and remember how good you feel for those not so good days.

My daughter left a pair of skinny jeans outside her room for ages as they were baggy on her and I tried them on oneday and they fitted me, I did a very happy dance in the mirror and I still remember that day everytime I put my skinny jeans on (also have 3 pairs of them now) it's a real motivater for me, keeps me on track.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • JulieE1002
    JulieE1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Pfffft. Be excited, you earned it.

For the record, about once a week I wear a pair of pants that were my "go to" pants for a long time, that will now fall off of me if my belt isn't cinched to the last notch. It feels funny and looks even worse, but they remind me of my progress, and is especially helpful on the days where I feel like eating everything there is. I just look at my sagging bagging pants, smile, and eat a cracker or something.

RIGHT?! I do the same thing - my big size 20 pants that I have to hold up with a binder clip (cuz I don't have any belts that fit either)! I know that I look silly, but it makes me feel SO GOOD! I too have a fab wardrobe of too big clothes, but I will NOT deny myself the joy of buying all new when I reach my goal.
  • zilfig64
    zilfig64 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Be excited! great start and clothes are a great motivation!!
    I got some of my favorite Tommy Bahama shirts altered and just got them back from the tailor this week - he took 14 inches of material out of the sides - shirts effectively went from a XXL to a Large Tall - I am wearing one every day this week to celebrate!
  • glowgirl14
    glowgirl14 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Absolutely get excited! : )

And for the clothes - look around your town at the second hand shops. It's fun (and necessary) to buy new clothes as you lose, but your goal is pretty big - even alterations are going to get expensive over time - one of my favorite things was to buy a pair of jeans from the second hand store that were two sizes two small, and do happy dances as they got easier and easier to put on.

Congrats on your loss - keep at it! :)
  • tkdgirlms
    tkdgirlms Posts: 73
    Options
    Awesome!!! Keep up the GREAT work!
  • Zsquared
    Zsquared Posts: 54
    Options
    Be super excited! Congrats you're doing great!
  • andreyadonna
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • AmandaLarson2013
    Options
    congrats!! I did that as well. I started a new job, So I needed more clothes.. As I lost my weight, they are too big on me now. Its a great feeling!! (even though I lost money) but the main thing is I'm on the road to having a healthier lifestyle and it was a price id gladly take!:)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    naa, go ahead and get excited
    dancee_zps195cc6f1.gif
  • Jollyin14
    Jollyin14 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! You should be very excited and happy.

I am at a 19lbs loss and now I feel so much better putting on my clothes. I still have a long way to go but I have committed to this journey for life. It is not a short term thing you are doing. Once you loose all your weight, you will have to work just as hard to keep it off.

I totally agree with you about wanting the weight off NOW but remember you didn't gain it overnight so it won't come off overnight. Celebrate your victories and keep doing your happy dance girl!! You deserve it!

I agree about bringing your size 10 jeans out and putting them in your closet. Use it as motivation!!

Add me if you want motivation, support and most of all someone to celebrate your victories!!
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Great job, you should be excited! Find something in your home that weighs 20 lbs. (could be a pet, or a child! Lol), and pick them up, and remind yourself of how great you have done so far!!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Once you start to see results, it becomes an addiction. love it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!