Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 16

Options

Replies

• Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    IMAlive is an online created suicide prevention hotline. We work via chat, text an e-mail. www.IMAlive.org

TWLOHA is an amazing non-profit that is working to raise awareness and hope for people struggling with mental health disorders. www.TWLOHA.com
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas Rach - Nice tatt!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!

This one is me.....we all go through tough times and crap tattoo. It's kinda of an expression of turning all those ugly experiences into something beautiful. Seeing the light in the darkness...the good in every situation. Hence the flowers, which will be brightly colored, coming out of the center of the weird creepy organic stuff that looks like it attached itself to my shoulder.

I'm still learning to see the positive in things. Especially when it comes to my appearance. I have to say that my struggle with weightloss has made me a much more patient and willing to push hard for things I want and deserve. :flowerforyou:
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Rach- That is awesome!

Bru- I am flying to Boston for New Years. I have a good friend from college there. I went last year and had a blast. I've made 3 huge resolutions for next year. I'm giving up sweets and fried food for the whole year. I'm going to complete two rounds of ChaLean Extreme by the end of July. And I am going to run a half marathon in October in less than 2hrs and 15 min.

Ashley- What is "IMAlive from To Write Love On Her Arms"?

BOSTON?!?!?!?!?! are u coming to see me?? :)
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options

OH! You live in Boston!? WE should totally meet!
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options

OH! You live in Boston!? WE should totally meet!

I'm about 30 minutes away! I'm trying to decide if the bf and I want to head into first night in boston. I've never been!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    So I went to the gym today (still on my free pass) and I ran a 35min 5k!!! WOOT WOOT!! I'm so stoked!! And to think I was seriously gonna quit halfway through! That's 9min off my actual 5k I ran outside!! Happy Bru Dance :drinker:

I like having the gym access, but I don't think I'd use it as much if I knew I could use it whenever I wanted. Knowing that I only have 7days to try it makes me kill it in the gym. But that's a good thing because I'm shaking things up a bit and confusing my body. Not too much exercise for a few weeks, mostly light stuff then a few days of running and such.

I'm not expecting a loss tomorrow, but I hope I break through shortly after the New Year
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    So I went to the gym today (still on my free pass) and I ran a 35min 5k!!! WOOT WOOT!! I'm so stoked!! And to think I was seriously gonna quit halfway through! That's 9min off my actual 5k I ran outside!! Happy Bru Dance :drinker:

Nice!!! That's a great time for a 5k!

I swear I'm eating for two. I just can't seem to stop it. The sugar and the sweets are never ending. Ugh...makes me sick thinking of the stuff I'm eating....blah....

Katie
  • Ashley_Panda
    Options
    First and foremost! Today is the day!! We go at 2:30 today to get Jasper's cochlears activated and he will be able to hear for the first time! Thank you all for your support and love and everything over these last couple of months with his surgery! :flowerforyou:

I am recording it. I will be posting a link to the video probably both on my profile page and on here. So you can all celebrate with us!

Lastly, I finally broke through into the 240's this morning! I was hoping to do it by Christmas. :happy:

Today is an amazing day.
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    Ashley, That is the most amazing thing. I was tearing up just reading your post. I can't even imagine how wonderful today must be for you.

and congrats on the weight loss too! ;)
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    What Sheila said! I'm so excited for all of you! *hugs*

Karen
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Oh Ashley!! That's so wonderful! I too was tearing up reading your post! I can't imagine the emotions you are going through right now! *huge hugs* to you and Jasper. :heart: And congrats on the loss this week!! :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Yay yay YAY!!!!

greenstars.gif

loveshower.gif
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    From one Ashley to another: I’ve not been on this thread for long, and so today was the first I’ve heard about your son’s condition. My thoughts are with you both that all goes as planned!
    Also Congrats on the weight loss!
  • MaryAnne1
    MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Yay congratulations Ashley - I hope everything has gone well!! :flowerforyou:

And... I've finally lost some weight in what feels like forever!! Down 1.8 lbs to 170 woohoo!! hoping to be in the 160s just before Christmas
  • kellybelly113
    kellybelly113 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've finally broken the 20lbs mark. Yippee. I'm finally feeling my clothes being baggy, but I'm NOT giving them up yet. I want to keep loosing and don't want to purchase new clothing to just by more again later. People are noticing too which is always nice. Keep up the good work ladies.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Options
    The links to Jasper's videos are posted on my profile or if you are a youtube fan you can look me up: ashmcniel. Can't find it? Just let me know. It was an incredible day.

Plus my new treadmill came today and I got to do my first work out on it!

Seriously, the best day in a long time.

Thank you everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Ashley serious wonderful news! So pleased for you!

Spent 6 hours in traffic today because of the silly snow so didn't get to my training. Too many xmas parties this year and the temptation to overdo it on food and booze is all a bit much! Not looking forward to Monday's weigh in.

Hope you're all having a good weekend.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Brought my puppies home last night!!! Don't let the picture fool you...they're feisty little buggers. They like to play tug-o-war with my socks. :laugh:

165676_479590863345_630193345_5645361_1283191_n.jpg
  • Ashley_Panda
    Options
    Aww! They are precious!!