Replies

• KoopaSix
    KoopaSix Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Neither. It's a lifestyle.
  • mizzcasual
    mizzcasual Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I see it as an escape I enjoy the gym my favourite part of the day I always miss it when I have a rest day just thinking how much I want to be there.
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    An escape, quality time with myself, a place to improve myself while being surrouned by those who also want to improve themselves. And when I feel lazy, I just head to the gym wtihout thinking twice. By the time I get there... There's no use in turning back, you're already at the gym. Might as well get a good work out in and be proud.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Good video.

Training isn't a chore for me. Neither is work. I beat myself to remember what pain is. ;)
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    I would love to escape to the gym.... yes, sweet escape for sure :drinker:
  • freewilly75
    Options
    If it is feeling like a job then one has likely not found the right activity for them.

It doesn't have to be in a gym. I prefer to be outside.

I consider fitness more play than work. A bit like when we were kids - riding bikes, skating, running, jumping, swimming, skipping, etc. A nice brake from the decorum that adult life often demands.
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    If I could stay in the same physical condition without it, I'd never step into one again. But I know it's necessary.By definition that makes it a job for me.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Escape. I have a small child and work as a secretary. I'll do anything, anything to get away from the incessant ringing of the godamned telephone and 'Muuuuuuum'. I'll even resort to exercise.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Escape
  • letmerun
    letmerun Posts: 15
    Options
    Sorry, I just ... this ^^

http://youtu.be/Rhl5K0mTSKY
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i workout after work and have always found it to be great stress relief….so me it is an escape/therapeutic
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am drowning in essays so it's an escape I guess. it also allows my brain to focus on the whole essay and not the tiny bit I am staring at on the screen at any given moment.

I also have some fairly serious family stuff going on so it helps to run/ lift the frustration and anger away. I have discovered there are certain songs that while they motivate the hell out of me they can sometimes make me cry... nobody wants to be next to the crazy weeping girl on the treadmill!
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I am drowning in essays so it's an escape I guess. it also allows my brain to focus on the whole essay and not the tiny bit I am staring at on the screen at any given moment.

I also have some fairly serious family stuff going on so it helps to run/ lift the frustration and anger away. I have discovered there are certain songs that while they motivate the hell out of me they can sometimes make me cry... nobody wants to be next to the crazy weeping girl on the treadmill!

I'm also doing a degree by distance learning - agree with exercising when studying, I plan my essays whilst swimming. I also went for a swim right before my exam last year, best thing I did, calming and I think it allowed me to concentrate better.

I sometimes listen to comedy radio programmes when on the treadmill, I get some odd looks when I burst out laughing. You should try alternating it with your music, go the whole crazy hog.
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options

I'm also doing a degree by distance learning - agree with exercising when studying, I plan my essays whilst swimming. I also went for a swim right before my exam last year, best thing I did, calming and I think it allowed me to concentrate better.

I sometimes listen to comedy radio programmes when on the treadmill, I get some odd looks when I burst out laughing. You should try alternating it with your music, go the whole crazy hog.

I will add it to the mix, between sobbing with rage tears, air drumming and now laughing I am going to get quite the reputation
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Getting out the front door is a job, 100% of the time. After that, it's an escape that I love, 100% of the time.
  • mgpearce4
    mgpearce4 Posts: 71
    Options
    Before a workout it seems like work. After, it is the best high ever!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    My workouts are farm work, so it's a job. That doesn't mean it isn't pleasant....out in a hayfield, doing physical work to get the hay in, is hard work but rather enjoyable. (I've never been to a gym).
  • 1971MLJ
    1971MLJ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I love it, it's definitely an escape. It's my time, just me and my music (or trainer). Nobody else exists for that hour or so.
  • nothingwithoutHim
    nothingwithoutHim Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Escape. Best part of my day.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    It gets me away from my children. I love them to death but I think we all know they can be...oh what's the word I'm looking for...trying sometimes.

Snap :laugh: The gym is my 'me' time and I really enjoy it. This is why I'm 37 weeks pregnant and still exercising lol.