Must have desert after dinner

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Eating dessert after dinner is a must for me too. Just have one, not two or three (or more), and it's all good.
  • SPeffer1
    SPeffer1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I almost always have sf hot chocolate in the evening.

Another thing I eat a lot is plain yogurt with frozen fruit and I'll put in a serving of pb2 - love that combo!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options

My other solution was to develop my taste for really good dark chocolate. Like the Ghiradelli 86% cacoa squares. They're kind of bitter at first when you're used to milk chocolate but you get used to them. I never thought I'd say this but they're decadent enough that one square is usually enough.

^^ so totally THIS^^ except my choc of choice is Lindt 90% (even better with a good full bodied red wine)
    re: lower cal choices that may be 'healthier' try a 1/2 serving of a really tasty protein shake and pour it into a fancy glass, don't drink it out of a shaker cup - dreaded 'diet vibes.' lol
  • joecmoore1
    joecmoore1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    According to some research, having dessert after a meal is actually a good idea in that it triggers the brain to shut down the hunger sensation. I usually have a piece of fruit, raisins, muscle milk chocolate or something along that line after a meal. The more I've exercised that day, the more calories I allow myself for a dessert item.
  • LittleMissFit83
    Options
    Sea salt caramel ice cream!! It's truly godly.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    i have my desert right after dinner like 5 mins afterwords
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    First, don't consider the fact that you like sweet things "a problem." Look at your food diary and figure out what you can have that's sweet that will fit into your dietary plan. Incorporate whatever that is into your overall diet.

Nuff said....

I eat chocolate daily and continue to lose weight.....moderate it.
  • will2lose72
    will2lose72 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yasso Frozen Greek yogurt bars. Yummo is all I can say and they have protein, bonus!! They are 80-100 calories, come in several flavors, but the Sea Salt Caramel is amazing.
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Eat a piece of fruit. Sweet, and at around 50 calories per serving of most fruits, easy to fit into your calories.

Or, just make sure you have the x calories left that you need to eat a portion of whatever dessert you want.
  • Wenchiness
    Wenchiness Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am a "treat" queen. Trader Joe's makes a line of incredibly thin cookies, where 8-12 run about 120 calories, depending of flavor. Those are awesome but usually 4-6 give me my fix. I am BIG on fruit, especially berries and pineapple, and if I want to be incredibly indulgent, I squirt on a blob of fat free whipped cream for an additional 5-10 calories. I find that if I deprive myself, I go bonkers at a later point, but I am good with having limited quantities daily, especially when it falls into my caloric guidelines.
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way too so right now I am enjoying strawberry cheesecake greek yogurt with some fresh and very sweet strawberries mixed into it. If I am craving chocolate I usually eat 1/2 to a full fiber one oats & chocolate bar. Other times I keep 100 calorie frozen treats like skinny cow ice cream or WW treats on hand for true emergencies! Hope this helps you!
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Have some fruit.

I have the same problem...
  • Holly_belle
    Holly_belle Posts: 4,042 Member
    Options
    I found a great recipe for "fake" ice cream sandwiches. http://alidaskitchen.com/2012/06/16/strawberries-and-cream-sandwiches/

Super easy, low calorie, under 100 per serving. You could substitute other berries or I suppose chocolate chips even for something different.
  • sullenbee
    sullenbee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge ice cream fiend, but I have found a tasty replacement. I just freeze ripe bananas, then throw them in a food processor, add flavoring of my choice, and enjoy delicious "ice cream." Or I make smoothies with frozen strawberries, add a little coconut or almond milk, and I feel like I'm drinking a milk shake.
  • GeminiFitness1
    GeminiFitness1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I would suggest fruit after dinner it is a healthier choice!
  • KGray12385
    KGray12385 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I keep a jar of 40-calorie Dove chocolates in the cupboard and allow myself one after lunch and dinner. If I'm going out to eat I'll put one in my purse so I'm less tempted to order dessert.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of PB and chocolate chips. Stuff like that can get me through a tough day...
  • SuperSammi22
    SuperSammi22 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I ran across a recipe from a fellow mfp friend where you take apple slices, sprinkle them with cinnamon and bake them. According to her, it tastes just like apple pie. But you know, a million times healthier for you. :}
  • CherylTrainor
    Options
    I leave three dark chocolate Hershey kisses by my bed. They are my treat. I make sure I have enough room for them. Hits the spot!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I follow dinner with an all natural dried fruit and nut bar, or a small bag of sweet n salt skinny popcorn, or some nuts and raisins, or a large apple or a low calorie mousse. I usually have something sweet afterwards.
    I even sometimes have some milk chocolate, or an individual packet of shortbread or somesuch. Actually, I have something 'naughty' every night.