NSV: eating out for breakfast

Options
Where I live, we have a plethora of delicious food choices within a close distance. Today, we wanted to go out for breakfast, and DH wanted IHOP. Instead of getting the meal I usually get which would be almost my entire day's worth of calories (shocking! Well, not that shocking), I looked up the nutrition information before I went, and chose something sensible: 2 eggs with bacon and fruit. I know it's not much, but I find that every small choice adds up to a healthier me, and I want to keep this momentum going. What are your latest NSVs?

Replies

• elbaldwin0525
    elbaldwin0525 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    what does NSV stand for?
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    DOUBLE POST
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Instead of going to Bojangles or IHOP like we normally do on weekends, I decided to cook breakfast at home last Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was whole wheat oatmeal pancakes with sugar free syrup and Sunday was two eggs with a slice of cheese, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, and a piece of toast with a little butter. Both with a cup of skim milk. Yum! And about 1/3 the calories I'd consume at either of the places I mentioned.

what does NSV stand for?

Non-scale victory.
  • Remarkable1
    Remarkable1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great choice! It definitely saves my butt when I plan ahead when eating out.