advice please dont judge!

Options
2»

Replies

• YesICann
    YesICann Posts: 3
    Options
    Wow, can I relate to your frustration! I think that weight loss is not a one size fits all and you have to find what works best for you. With that in mind. here's what i have found works for me. My calories per day are 1400. When I dip down to 1200, my body basically says "oh, gonna starve me huh? well no weight loss for you!". I also really limit sugar and processed carbs. That seems to do the trick for me and the best part is I am slowly losing weight every week. I think my body/metabolism is just extra sensitive to sugar and processed carbs and I am not doing Atkins but rather a 40/30/30 mix.
  • princessblanquisima
    princessblanquisima Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    to be honest, i have been exercising and eating less than 800 cal and didnt lose much, i feel you!
  • riveraurora
    Options
    Thanks to everyone that gave good advice instead of being rude! Im going to have to play around with calorie amounts and see what works obviously I dont enjoy eating 500 calories a day I just panicked from past experience and thought well eating healthy doesnt work ill have to starve! So ill up my calories and see how it goes ans measure my food so I know im recording my calories accurately. I just remember eating 1200 for months and exercising and not losing a pound and I felt like crying! Its very disheartening when you put so much effort in any get nothing and then I end up thinking screw this whats the point!!
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    9.7 - 9.9 st = 135 - 138 pounds

That is a healthy weight for someone who is 5'5"

If you want to lose a little bit of weight, about 10 pounds, then set MFP to lose half a pound a week (not more). How many calories does it tell you to eat? Also, with a baby, you probably are not sedentary, I would choose lightly active.

Now, those calories MFP gives you DOES NOT include exercise. When you do exercise you need to eat more for that.

thank you! I was starting to wonder if I was the only one who knew that this person is actually in ideal wt. range vs. Ht. I'm not sure why, at med. range for ht. you are trying to lose, but if it's only about 5-10 lbs. it will not happen when you eat too little calories, your body will protect itself from starvation. but maybe you should eat the right calories for maintaining your correct or desired TDEE/BMI and do firming workouts? tone your body into shape... just a suggestion.
  • riveraurora
    Options
    I ment the silly person with the popcorn comment all other answers were sensible! Thank you imndef going to start weighing my food
    Thanks to everyone that gave good advice instead of being rude! Im going to have to play around with calorie amounts and see what works obviously I dont enjoy eating 500 calories a day I just panicked from past experience and thought well eating healthy doesnt work ill have to starve! So ill up my calories and see how it goes ans measure my food so I know im recording my calories accurately. I just remember eating 1200 for months and exercising and not losing a pound and I felt like crying! Its very disheartening when you put so much effort in any get nothing and then I end up thinking screw this whats the point!!
    No one was being rude. Answers you don't like =/= being rude.

Since you don't weigh you food, you don't actually know how much you are eating. It's all guessing. With you having not much weight to lose as it is it makes your margin of error small and not tracking properly easily will eliminate the deficit you think you might have.
  • riveraurora
    Options
    I am aware im a healthy bmi by no means am I overweight its just my perfect weight that I feel most comfortable at is 9 stone your probably right its probably time to tone up now rather than lose pounds thank you
    9.7 - 9.9 st = 135 - 138 pounds

That is a healthy weight for someone who is 5'5"

If you want to lose a little bit of weight, about 10 pounds, then set MFP to lose half a pound a week (not more). How many calories does it tell you to eat? Also, with a baby, you probably are not sedentary, I would choose lightly active.

Now, those calories MFP gives you DOES NOT include exercise. When you do exercise you need to eat more for that.

thank you! I was starting to wonder if I was the only one who knew that this person is actually in ideal wt. range vs. Ht. I'm not sure why, at med. range for ht. you are trying to lose, but if it's only about 5-10 lbs. it will not happen when you eat too little calories, your body will protect itself from starvation. but maybe you should eat the right calories for maintaining your correct or desired TDEE/BMI and do firming workouts? tone your body into shape... just a suggestion.
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    If you are only eating 500 calories a day your body is holding on to some serious water. Low calorie diets=water retention.