What do you see in the mirror - Fat or Thin person?

Options

Replies

• virean
    virean Posts: 1
    Options
    A mother****ing stud.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Even after losing 109 pounds.....I still see the "fat" girl looking at me in the mirror...not sure when or how this will ever change
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me sad... too much self hate :(
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    If I look in the mirror and I see a thin person, I think it's okay to go over my daily calories and eat at maintenance because I look fine. But then the next day when I realize I still don't fit in my jeans I get mad at myself. So then the next time I look in the mirror, I tell myself that I look fat. Not that I do, and I know I don't- I look normal, I look healthy- but just not as in shape and thin as I was a few months ago. And in order for me not to slack off because "Meh I guess I'm thin enough" I need to find the faults with my body in the mirror to motivate me to push myself to work harder.
  • s_yeatts
    s_yeatts Posts: 753
    Options
    Fat :(
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I believed I was a normal weight for so long and even when I knew I wasn't I just avoided mirrors instead or tried to contort my body in photographs to hide my double chin/back fat etc.
    Now I know I have weight to lose - despite being told I'm fine. I still have fat I can pull and I would like to lose at least another stone to get me to where I would like to be. Maybe when I get to that point I might see a fit person - I'm just too muscly to ever be able to refer to myself as thin - and thats ok with me.
  • LittleMissFit83
    Options
    I am starting to like the person I see. There's a smile on my face and my body is starting to get more shapely. :)
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I see myself as fat and disgusting. That's why I'm on MFP.
  • BaldheadSlick
    BaldheadSlick Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't see fat or thin, just that I always need to work on making something better.
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Whale.
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I was chubby in elementary and junior high school, felt ugly and chubby. I was thin when I was in high school, but I saw a fat person and felt fat in my head. In my 20's when I actually was getting fatter I ignored it and tried to talk myself into believing I was still thin. I went up and down in my weight a lot but always felt fat. I remember four years ago I had weighed 118-123 I was thin but didn't feel it, I still felt fat in my head and just wasn't happy in my skin the way I thought I should be. It finally happened to me this year. This post and thinking about my comment, for only in this past month do I actually feel good at the weight I am, both in my head and in the mirror, but I think it's because I'm not seeing or thinking of myself as being fat or thin, but as healthy and fit....and I feel and see that. I'm keeping that as my goal as opposed to being thin. It feels so good for my head and body to be in balance....
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    If I have clothes on then I think i look awesome. If i'm naked I see all the improvements needed.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I don't really see a thin person. I see an overweight young woman who could stand to lose a few more pounds.
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Despite my weight loss, and the fact that I'm at a healthy weight for my height, I still see overweight. I feel like it's drilled into my brain after seeing it for so long.
  • kanika419
    Options
    bump
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    fat & ugly most days
  • pookiepie1
    pookiepie1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't look in the mirror as all I see is a huge disgusting blob. I hate how I look but I hate my body perception more as I do not see me I am seeing someone who is twice my size. Even though I have lost a stone since Jan and people have said they notice, I don't. All I see is the jelly belly, the saddlebag boobs and the other wobbly wobbly bits. It not pleasant. I know my mind set has switched to believe I can lose the weight. I just hope the perception follows eventually.
  • kanika419
    Options
    This is a great topic, I always felt good about being curvy and voluptuous, Always was a small/medium size woman....and then I saw a picture of myself and was like "wow,who's that woman?" immediately following I realized that I had just been buying comfortable clothes and my suites didn't fit...So that strength and confidence is now directed to getting the weight off....almost 40 and want to look the part!
  • judymoving
    Options
    I am beautiful and fit. The me inside is a muscular sexy girl. I'm tan and lusciously blonde with nice curves. My shoulders are broad, but since my boobs are perky round and my waist is small, I look balanced. I have nice legs with rock hard muscular thighs. I can wear short shorts because I have a toned round butt. I am strong as a ox. I have big blue eyes, nice cheekbones and pouty lips.

Unfortunately, when I look in the mirror, there is this fat old hag standing in the way and I can't see myself. She's slouching there with her droopy boobs and droopy stomach. Her thinning hair has turned white and there are bags under her eyes. She looks shorter than me so I'm not sure how she is blocking the way. It must be because of the massive width of those batwing arms straining her shirt. And she's thick too - no waist whatsoever. She's just a big blob. She looks unhappy. Her beady eyes, thin lips and jowly neck are making such a mean face.

Then I look down, and I realize I am inside her body. Someone has stuck globs of fat all over me. My poor arms are covered in the stuff. The fat is wrapped around my waist like a puffy parka. Even my face has a layer of fat paste. Am I wearing a mask? This thick mushy stuff doesn't belong to me. It feels like I am covered in play dough. I grab the roll of fat on my tummy and wish that I could take it off. I can feel the place underneath where Me begins. There is a stomach under there that I know is mine because I feel it when I'm doing planks. I poke underneath the fat and feel my stomach muscle. Yes, there I am.

I lean in forward to the mirror - look deep into those eyes, past the puffy face, and see my real self inside her. I promise I will break you out of that fat suit. I will help you get that stuff off yourself. I will set you free. I promise.

I laughed out loud when reading this! Bravo! You have reached to the beauty inside me too. It is there, funny no one else seems to see it but me. Time to work on it's rescue. Thanks for posting this.
  • kmf91604
    kmf91604 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I hate the way I look all over. I list a lot of weight a couple of years ago and have gained it back.
    I am having a hard time taking the weight off, fighting genetics all the way.
    I look in the mirror and see cellulite on my thighs. I feel embarrassed to wear a swimsuit in front of anyone.
    I still manGe to wear a size 4 but I'm a big size 4. Big hips and thighs. I'm working out but my self
    Loathing keeps me from staying motivated. 45 and the wrinkles are starting to show. People say I'm attractive, even "beautiful" yet it's hard for me to believe when I look in the mirror. I don't see what they see.