Can we stop saying quiting/cutting out sugar from your diet!

Options

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,023 Member
    Options
    Ok, if this is some kind of inside joke I don't get, that's fine, but why is L "loose" instead of "lose"? Is it because people spell lose weight incorrectly or is it more like moah????

It's about the spelling, but for me, more about how much this bugs people on this site. Lots of threads posted about it.

Zero calorie foods.

Yes I must agree that the spelling Nazi's who get in a frenzy about other people mis-spelling loose/lose bug me much more than the actual mis-spellers.
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    dont forget the word "whole" which should be in front of everything you eat :laugh:
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I thought the "A" was Atkins.
    These words are the substitute in the forum to the rules about no religious or political topics.. Paleo, whole foods, detox, sugar, clean, Forks Over Knives, etc etc..

Our need to argue over world views is inevitable.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    S = Starvation mode

I think that if I read about one more person starving to death...I will lose my mind.

I wonder...has anyone on MFP ever starved to death???
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    S = Starvation mode

I think that if I read about one more person starving to death...I will lose my mind.

Yep, me. I'm posting from the grave.

N = Nutrition? U = Under eating? Hmmm... I got nothing.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    S = Starvation mode

How about netting & under 1200 calories.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I know what "clean eating is" and I know what "i cut out sugar" means. I do both for the most part but i wont be religious about it. my friend is religious about his eating and he drives me crazy, but its working for him. but i wont do his diet because i refuse to eat fake food just to save calories or sugar (he's on Ideal Protein). I could not do that.

Say whut? My girlfriend is on Ideal Protien and I steal her snacks all the time because they taste awesome.

Dude. You steal her snacks??
  • shellydd
    shellydd Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    all this thread did was.....make me hungry
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    I know what "clean eating is" and I know what "i cut out sugar" means. I do both for the most part but i wont be religious about it. my friend is religious about his eating and he drives me crazy, but its working for him. but i wont do his diet because i refuse to eat fake food just to save calories or sugar (he's on Ideal Protein). I could not do that.

Say whut? My girlfriend is on Ideal Protien and I steal her snacks all the time because they taste awesome.

Dude. You steal her snacks??

What can I say? I'm a terrible person.

Actually I don't steal hers much any more, except the cinnamon soy puffs. Those things are delicious. Otherwise, there are a few things she bought a box or two of and decided she didn't like so I take care of it for her.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Increasing my sugar intake to feed my addiction - not wanting to go into sugar starvation mode. Sorry, OP. :wink:
  • MarliQQ
    MarliQQ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    :noway: Starvation mode should have been the first one suggested!!! Elicits tons of anger and Harvard research.

If we can do words, by far the largest debate on MFP, I cannot think of one train wreck so horribly replayed, A Calorie is NOT a Calorie
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    S = Starvation mode

How about netting & under 1200 calories.

Ah, so much better!

Now I want dessert.
  • KarissaA
    KarissaA Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love this whole thread. I have nothing to add, it's all been said!
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    And what of the people who genuinely are cutting out all sugar? Should they chose their vocabulary differently because you disapprove?

How about adults use whatever language they chose, and you focus on whatever vernacular you like. That's the biggest problem with this board; grown *kitten* adults who seem unhealthily obsessed with what other grown *kitten* adults are eating, and how they chose to discuss it.
    omg this thread is the best lololol,
    how about eat whatever you want in moderation , you want to cut out the white stuff carbs sugar have at it, been there done that and just got me straight to bulimia , and my body in starvation mode, this site is the best, im 43 and for the first time in my life im eating whatever the eff I want and not stressing or feeling guilty and everyone's support and threads like this make it so fun and motivating!
    thanks everyone xoxox

lololol's at the premise of this thread...while talking "starvation mode" as a fact.

#irony
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    M should be Milk.

Compared with the debates about what counts - and doesn't count - as milk, the addiction threads are Kant's Critique of Pure Reason...
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I'll throw in my two cents because...well, I can.

I think it's absolutely asinine to say you are cutting out all of any type of food. If you ate sweets, drank gallons of soda, or gorged yourself on pasta for years to get fat, than chances are you like those things..there's a shocker. So, it's nice to say "I'm giving up all sweets and sugar," but reality is that you're surrounded by it and you really need to find some way to deal with it.

Yeah, you can deal with it by not ****ing eating it, it's not that hard. If sugar makes you over eat, then don't eat a lot of sugar.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

I think it's absolutely asinine to say you are cutting out all of any type of food. If you ate sweets, drank gallons of soda, or gorged yourself on pasta for years to get fat, than chances are you like those things..there's a shocker. So, it's nice to say "I'm giving up all sweets and sugar," but reality is that you're surrounded by it and you really need to find some way to deal with it.

Yeah, you can deal with it by not ****ing eating it, it's not that hard. If sugar makes you over eat, then don't eat a lot of sugar.

The traditional Inuit diet had only trace amounts of sugar, far less than the west considers safe.

Back in my low carbing days I recall a woman on a board who lost all her weight on a near-zero carb diet. She ate once a day, a huge, fatty steak. Loved it so much she kept eating that way. Maintained it for years, and had excellent labs for a middle aged woman.

I personally have gone the "no sugar" route, including fruit; felt good, health was perfect. I never intended to stay that way, but it's not impossible at all. I've met a few people through the years who eat that way and are perfectly content.

This website clearly states, upfront, that it's a platform for all programs. It's not an "everything in moderation" website whatsoever. People can set whatever macros they like. These threads never cease to amaze as people seem to think this board is about one way, and only one way, to eat. Wrong.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    A - Addiction / Atrophy
    B - Binge / Bikini Bridge / Bully / Butthurt / Bulk
    C - Craving
    D - Diet / Documentaries
    E - Eating Disorder / Edutainment
    F - Fat / Fasting
    G - Good food / GIRLS ONLY
    H - Healthy / Haters
    I - IIFYM
    J - Juicing
    K - Ketosis / Keto
    L - Loose
    M - Mean / Moderation
    N -
    O - Onederland
    P - Paleo / Primal / Plant Strong
    Q - Quitting
    R - Rude / Rage / Refined / Ripped / Research
    S - Shaming / separated from the source
    T - Thigh Gap / Toned
    U -
    V - Veggie Fasts
    W - Water Fasts
    X -
    Y -
    Z -
    Updated to eric_sg61

can we add unicorn dust under U and Magic under M ???
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

The traditional Inuit diet had only trace amounts of sugar, far less than the west considers safe.

Back in my low carbing days I recall a woman on a board who lost all her weight on a near-zero carb diet. She ate once a day, a huge, fatty steak. Loved it so much she kept eating that way. Maintained it for years, and had excellent labs for a middle aged woman.

I personally have gone the "no sugar" route, including fruit; felt good, health was perfect. I never intended to stay that way, but it's not impossible at all. I've met a few people through the years who eat that way and are perfectly content.

This website clearly states, upfront, that it's a platform for all programs. It's not an "everything in moderation" website whatsoever. People can set whatever macros they like. These threads never cease to amaze as people seem to think this board is about one way, and only one way, to eat. Wrong.

I could care less how people eat..

I believe what some are trying to point is the logical fallacy of saying "I quit all sugar but still eat fruit"….

or if one truly cut out ALL sugar are they not eating carbs, fruit, honey, etc? or the statement that one is 'addicted to sugar, but still eats sugar…" always amazes me...